Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Vista and Windows Mobile incompatibility

phonedeity

Feb 16, 2007, 12:02 PM
Last night I found out that WM5 is not compatible with Vista. Personally, I think that's BS, so does anyone know anything more on the topic, cause its been over two weeks since I last synced (I'm nervous about losing data) and cx's are asking?
phonedeity

Feb 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
I also posted this thread in the WM Platform forum cause I'm desperate for answers.
cyberpsionic

Feb 27, 2007, 8:22 PM
Until Windows Mobile 6.0 launchs, you won't be able to interface or synchronize data with your wireless data devices which currently run Windows Mobile 5.x or below with PCs running any of the Vista versions.
vzw-csr21

Mar 3, 2007, 3:30 PM
It actually is compatible just not with activesync. Vista uses a program called windows mobile device center. It is built into vista under, control panel, then network & internet. it will say sync center. Bam there you go. It is compatible with all wm5 devices. (at least the vzw offers) any other questions. Shoot me an email. I don't check this forum much.
mdg020859

Mar 27, 2007, 3:07 PM
I am having the same problem and have done this but the media center only wants to sync the photos and music, which i don't want to do. I only want the contacts from the phone synced with the laptop so I don't have to put them into the laptop manually....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.