Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Cheap, Annoying Customer Rant

Grimey

Apr 6, 2008, 12:39 PM
I have this customer that last week came into get a HTC Dash. Nice guy, lives in my hometown that is about 20 miles away.

So he says he only has $50 to spend on it. 🙄 OK, that's a huge discount, but he was getting an Unlimited plan with data so it would not be a loss. My boss matches it and we do the deal.

A few days later he comes back and exchanges it for a BB Pearl. Same price. He goes along his way.

He then called our corporate office saying he is still gets no signal and wants a BB Curve so he can get the Wi Fi. He says he only has another $100 to spend. That is literally half off on a new activation, but whatever they match.

So he comes in and says he meant to say he can only spend $100 total, meaning another ...
(continues)
motoguy75

Apr 6, 2008, 2:01 PM
car must run on hot air if he can afford trip 4x
Grimey

Apr 6, 2008, 2:28 PM
If you break it down it would be like this.

Say I told you I would give you a $50 bill if you drove to pick it up. I live 80 miles away, one-way. Would you pick up the $50?

🤣
sprint_god

Apr 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
yes, iwould
Grimey

Apr 9, 2008, 8:44 AM
So you would spend 4 hours total to net maybe $10? 😳
ajstrong

Apr 9, 2008, 9:14 AM
not sure what bus you're driving, but with my 30+ mpg sedan, I could make that a net $30 profit at $4 a gallon, and where I drive, it would be a smidge over 2 hours, not 4.
Grimey

Apr 9, 2008, 1:08 PM
No bus. So you are saying you would be able to drive 80 miles one way in 1 hour? Because if it was 4x and 20 each way that would mean 160 miles. So that would be 160 miles in 2 hours. Have fun with that speeding ticket plus the points. 🤣
ajstrong

Apr 9, 2008, 1:21 PM
how many states have a interstate speed limit of 75? even a 70 limit, going 7 over, would put that close. I suppose that in the current situation, I should've said 2.2 hours, or something more specific than "a smidge." either way, it's quite feasible. 😛
DANGER13

Apr 8, 2008, 8:02 PM
I AGREE I HAD A COUPLE 50+ COME BUY A CAR CHARGER FOR THEIR PHONE. WE SOLD IT TO THEM FOR 20 DOLLARS.OUR STORE DOES NOT DO CASH REFUNDS YOU ARE MAILED A CHECK FOR THE AMOUNT WITH IN 3 TO 4 BUISNESS DAYS. I UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION BECAUSE TWO WEEKS LATER HE HADNT MAILED THE CHECK HOWEVER HE LIVES 1 HOUR OUTSIDE OF TOWN, AND OWNS A GIANT GAS HOG TRUCK.....HE CAME BACK 4 SEPERATE TIMES IN 6 DAYS TO DEMAND HIS MONEY ON THE SPOT...SERIOUSLY HOW DUMB YOU GOTA B???? HE USED PROBALY 150 IN GAS JUST TO COME ARGUE ...MAYBE HE HAD ALSHEIMERS LOL
dualitycomplex

Apr 8, 2008, 8:19 PM
i have a guy who drives 2 hours to come to my store to talk to me personally, and complain about how far away i am from his house, i constantly remind him that there are stores in his area and his response is

"yea but every time i go in there its some one differnt, and they dont know what they are doing."

i am mostly flattered at this since he drives 2 hours for my customer service i must treat the guy good as a customer, but at the same time, its kinda annoying that he cant just admit he likes my customer service and he has to make the constant comments about how much gas and time it takes for him to come here.

i mean c'on sir, even a bone head can look up your account and add or remove txt msg, or reset your voice mail password. ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.