Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Now Hiring-You won't get hired

chainsaw

Feb 1, 2007, 7:55 PM
So at my work we are located on a busy corner and we have a big sign on our store that says now hiring! Call (insert name) at 555-xxxx. We get people all day long that say things like this.

"So I see your hiring can I get an application"
-It says call the person on the sign not come in today dude!

"They call my store(not the number on the sign) Yeah I turned in my resume, is so and so there I want to schedule an interview"

Well....I don't know how to put this, but your resume probably sucked if he never got back to you.

I hate being the person that has to deal with all these people. We had a guy today that had to have been 65. I wanted to tell him that he couldn't keep up with the industry but I guess I am too nice to be honest....
(continues)
sparxx92562

Feb 1, 2007, 8:03 PM
lol...
not2brite

Feb 1, 2007, 8:55 PM
chainsaw said:
We had a guy today that had to have been 65. I wanted to tell him that he couldn't keep up with the industry but I guess I am too nice to be honest.

WTF!!!

Can't keep up. I know a bunch of 20-something losers that can't keep up. You are just wrong!

Judge each on their merits, not your hunches!
chainsaw

Feb 1, 2007, 9:35 PM
whatever bud~! So your saying that your 20 year old customers are just as competent with learning how to use phones and learning fast as your 65 year old customers are?
krickt

Feb 2, 2007, 11:07 AM
I will say that almost as many of my 20 yo custies are as idiotic as my 65 yos. My parents are in their 60's and although they complain alot, they learn every new phone that comes in, and how to program and trouble shoot it. I have a little club of retirees that has competitions to see who can learn to use new technologies. They showed me a shortcut on how to check emails on a phone, for heaven's sake.

Let's just say there are dingleberries in every age group and let that go. You do know that it's illegal for you to discriminate based on age alone, don't you?
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 3:25 PM
Dingleberries! 🤣 I laugh every time someone uses that.
krickt

Feb 2, 2007, 4:24 PM
Yeah, I date myself. That used to be one of my dad's favorite curse words. Not many people know what it even means.
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 6:47 PM
We still use it today, you're not really dating yourself. Not very many people would even know it came from your time since it's still being used.
krickt

Feb 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
Okay, I'm only 40, that particular word is from the 1930s or before! For those of you who don't know. A dingleberry is a piece of poop stuck to say a dog or other animal by a hair to their rectal area. Sounds much nicer than using profanity.
chainsaw

Feb 2, 2007, 7:24 PM
We'll give anyone a chance, but we also understand that our company is young, and if a 65 year old has the same wireless experience as someone who is 25 we are probably going to hire the 25 year old because they will mesh better with our corporate culture.
ATT Wireless

Feb 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
chainsaw said:
So at my work we are located on a busy corner and we have a big sign on our store that says now hiring! Call (insert name) at 555-xxxx. We get people all day long that say things like this.

"So I see your hiring can I get an application"
-It says call the person on the sign not come in today dude!

"They call my store(not the number on the sign) Yeah I turned in my resume, is so and so there I want to schedule an interview"

Well....I don't know how to put this, but your resume probably sucked if he never got back to you.

I hate being the person that has to deal with all these people. We had a guy today that had to have been 65. I wanted to tell him that he couldn't keep up with the industry but
(continues)
CptWireless

Feb 2, 2007, 11:41 AM
What?! Didn't you hear the State of the Union speech Bush just gave!? The economy is BOOMING! It's great, fantastic! Millions of NEW jobs have been created since he took over! Stop spreading your liberal lies!
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 3:26 PM
This from the same delusional man who keeps thinking we're winning the "War on Terror." 🙄
biznass

Feb 2, 2007, 5:10 PM
We have a sign that says now hiring, drop off your resume with the store manager and every single person comes and asks if there is an application. Dumbass.
Crapbag

Feb 2, 2007, 9:12 PM
Well, sounds like you may have yourself 5000 new applicants soon! Those of you who are not selling now you had better pick it up, competition is on its way!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.