Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Our location is one of the lucky ones

kiosk_hell

Jan 31, 2007, 1:27 PM
And I might be one of the lucky 5000. Yep, we're getting closed down next month. We *might* have jobs at the store across town, but I'm not holding my breath. My boss can't give us any answers so I guess we just get to wait in suspense for a month. Fun.
biznass

Jan 31, 2007, 2:01 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GOOD LUCK B!!!!!
not2brite

Jan 31, 2007, 2:08 PM
February special!
krickt

Jan 31, 2007, 3:15 PM
LOL, I dare you!
crystal

Jan 31, 2007, 3:24 PM
man i'm sorry dude.

let me know where you're at, i think it's time for me to buy some cheap phones!

;)
razzledazzle

Jan 31, 2007, 4:07 PM
☚ī¸ Don't feel bad our district manager just got fired and I have a feeling they will be closing our store very soon. We haven't found out yet but they are also looking for lay off some of our staff as well and I doubt they are going to pay to hire three replacements. Good luck to you and hopefully you won't be one of the 5000.
raycarroll70

Feb 1, 2007, 2:03 PM
Who was your RSM?
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 31, 2007, 5:42 PM
kiosk_hell said:
And I might be one of the lucky 5000. Yep, we're getting closed down next month. We *might* have jobs at the store across town, but I'm not holding my breath. My boss can't give us any answers so I guess we just get to wait in suspense for a month. Fun.

Hey, don't wait for a month, job hunt now. So your boss can't give you answers, forget them! Sprint is screwing you over by closing your store and you have a 99% chance of being laid off. Sprint probably won't transfer you because they want to lay off 5000 people. Job hunt now and as soon as you find a new job, drop Sprint and move on. YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF! No one will look for you, you gotta do it yourself.
biznass

Jan 31, 2007, 5:45 PM
Her boss is also a complete MORON but she already knows that...That's why he doesn't have the answers, not because he's not being provided with them...
kiosk_hell

Jan 31, 2007, 5:53 PM
I know, I know. I started looking today. It's hard though because I'm one of those suckers that feels guilty when I quit a job. I've only had a few jobs since I was 16 because I stick with them, even the really s*itty ones, for ages. Having a strong work ethic and being dependable gets you nothing but trouble, I swear.
biznass

Jan 31, 2007, 5:55 PM
I'm telling you, go to the call center hahaha. No really, you're better than that!
lefteyeiu2006

Feb 1, 2007, 7:44 AM
kiosk_hell said:
I know, I know. I started looking today. It's hard though because I'm one of those suckers that feels guilty when I quit a job. I've only had a few jobs since I was 16 because I stick with them, even the really s*itty ones, for ages. Having a strong work ethic and being dependable gets you nothing but trouble, I swear.

Girl, DON'T feel guilty. Gary Forsee does not give a **** that he is putting 5000 people OUT of work, why should you feel guilty about finding a new job and giving no notice. FFFFUCK SPRINT!
raycarroll70

Feb 1, 2007, 8:15 AM
I too work for Sprint Nextel Inc. and sad as it is to see 5,000 employee terminated from the company, it's a reality of corporate America. I've been rightsized at a previous company before and I do realize it isn't pleasant, but that is the nature of business. Remember, it's business not personal. BTW, long live Gary Forsee and his executive team for the trememdous amount of work over the past 18 months uniting Sprint and Nextel together.
biznass

Feb 1, 2007, 12:15 PM
United? Hardly.
Sprint's commercials are totally misleading and we constantly have Nextel customers in our store needing help because they think we deal with Nextel phones. We are not trained on Nextel phones (except for one one-day class 8 months ago), our technicians do not know how and are not certified to work on their phones, and best of all, our computers, in a SprintNextel store, do not even have the software needed to look up Nextel accounts. And our machine doesn't take their payments either. So you call that united? Nice one.
ima_gn0me

Feb 1, 2007, 1:36 PM
A clutter frak!!

WoW!! I wish some of these head "honchos" would consult with stores before making decisions.
mallbound

Feb 1, 2007, 8:21 PM
Except you can look up nextel accounts. I woudl have a better grip on FDT but the rest is easy. There are tutorials out there that show you how. i learned most of what I know by figuring it out for myself instead of someone holding my hand the whole way... As far as the phone repairs go, that's very true. They completely dropped the ball there. And remember we can always call in for extra help if we need it concerning nextel accounts.
GaryForseeSTINKS

Feb 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
raycarroll70 said:
I too work for Sprint Nextel Inc. and sad as it is to see 5,000 employee terminated from the company, it's a reality of corporate America. I've been rightsized at a previous company before and I do realize it isn't pleasant, but that is the nature of business. Remember, it's business not personal. BTW, long live Gary Forsee and his executive team for the trememdous amount of work over the past 18 months uniting Sprint and Nextel together.

raycarroll, you are truly a butt kisser. but hey I guess I would have to be too if I were stupid enough to use my real name as my user ID. Because you are being watch by Sprint.. By the way, I really am Gary Forsee, and you are fired. I have decided ...
(continues)
itsLACY_thanks

Feb 1, 2007, 1:40 PM
ouch ☚ī¸ im so sorry about that.

i swear it's a "dog eat dog" kind of business.
damn corporations..
raycarroll70

Feb 1, 2007, 2:02 PM
Rome wasn't build in a week yet burned to the ground in a night. It takes time and hard work to merger two companies which used totally different wireless platforms, had different customer bases from one another and different work cultures. I worked for AT&T Wireless up until their merger with Cingular in October of 2004 and know first hand the challenges of merging two corporations as large as those two were. Yes, AT&T Wireless and Cingular pretty much had the same clientle base and infrastructure, but their each used completely different software from one another. To those people who are about to be involuntary seperated from their employements, just rememeber as one door closes two windows of opportunity open. 🙂
GaryForseeSTINKS

Feb 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
raycarroll70 said:
Rome wasn't build in a week yet burned to the ground in a night. It takes time and hard work to merger two companies which used totally different wireless platforms, had different customer bases from one another and different work cultures. I worked for AT&T Wireless up until their merger with Cingular in October of 2004 and know first hand the challenges of merging two corporations as large as those two were. Yes, AT&T Wireless and Cingular pretty much had the same clientle base and infrastructure, but their each used completely different software from one another. To those people who are about to be involuntary seperated from their employements, just rememeber as one door closes two windows of opportu
(continues)
GaryForseeSTINKS

Feb 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
raycarroll70 said:
To those people who are about to be involuntary seperated from their employements, just rememeber as one door closes two windows of opportunity open. 🙂

Not in this economy you paxil popping geek.
craptacularwireless

Feb 1, 2007, 2:02 PM
Leave the industry like I'm going to. I feel that more of this is going to happen over the next couple of years.
Lynchburg_Anti_Cell

Feb 1, 2007, 3:08 PM
DONT GO TO USCC THEY WILL OWN YOU!!
mallbound

Feb 1, 2007, 8:24 PM
To me it sounded like none of us should worry. Well he did say that one person might have to be transfered to JC (that person would need to worry). As a general rule of thumb though i believe he would try to keep those with seniority.
kiosk_hell

Feb 2, 2007, 1:45 PM
I'm a pessimist, though, and a worrier. And you can understand why I might not have the greatest faith in what our mgr. says, right?
biznass

Feb 2, 2007, 4:29 PM
jhjvjh
kiosk_hell

Feb 2, 2007, 1:44 PM
Wow, I didn't mean to cause such a ruckus, but it's been fun reading the responses! You know, if they do let me go, my husband and I will survive. We don't have any kids yet and we live in a cheap one-bedroom apartment so we will find a way to deal. It just sucks because we are trying to move to a new city in the next few months and we don't have much savings. If I have to be unemployed for any length of time, it's going to drain some of that and will make getting started in a new place that much harder. I really feel for the people trying to support a family who are getting the axe.
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 3:20 PM
Will you be moving to a large city?
kiosk_hell

Feb 2, 2007, 4:19 PM
That's the idea. We're aiming for Wichita or Kansas City for now. Eventually I do want to get the hell out of the midwest, but we can't afford to live anywhere else right now.
craptacularwireless

Feb 2, 2007, 6:47 PM
Where would your ideal place be if you want out of the Midwest?
kiosk_hell

Feb 4, 2007, 1:20 PM
Southern California, where we lived when I was little. I also really like the San Francisco bay area.
cyberpsionic

Feb 2, 2007, 3:48 PM
There's worse things than being unemployed so try to look on the brighter side of life. Have you considered working for Verizon Wireless?
kiosk_hell

Feb 2, 2007, 4:20 PM
Sprint will be my last job in the wireless industry.
SOxCALx1155

Feb 4, 2007, 4:52 AM
So sorry to hear that your exact kiosk is affected. However, I've heard that most of the major lay-offs will occur to the smallest locations, and Legacy Nextel stores. đŸ˜ĸ At the store that I work at, it's one of the locations with the highest foot-traffic. It's labeled as an "A" store...yet they've already transf 2 of our reps, and are looking to make more changes...It's unfortunate, but it's a big part of Corporate America, and we accept the job knowing that we are "at-will" employees.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.