Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

They don't pay me enough

kiosk_hell

Jan 28, 2007, 5:40 PM
Some lady just came in to pay her bill. She sat her baby down on my glass counter to dig through her purse and I smelled something atrocious. When she picked up her baby to leave, there was a lovely poo mark on my glass. She acted like she was going to leave and pretend she didn't notice but I stopped her and said loudly, "Hold on, let me get you a paper towel and some Windex (wish we had bleach!) to take care of that!" I might earn a nice hourly wage but I'm fairly certain there is nothing about cleaning up baby crap in my job description.

At least she will have a giant load to deal with when she gets home...must've been a whole lot of poo to escape both the diaper and the pants. Chances are she will continue to shop and assault more pe...
(continues)
biznass

Jan 28, 2007, 6:29 PM
I sympathise, because Emma had some explosive diarrhea in her early days but I most definitely didn't take her out of the car seat if I smelled some loveliness there. Poor lady, how embarrassing. But you did the right thing!!!
SarahJo

Jan 29, 2007, 9:12 AM
I use to hate when customers did stuff like that. I worked at Subway before I got into the wireless industry, and parents used to let their kids climb all over the sneeze guard... and lick it sometimes.
chocolateman85006

Jan 29, 2007, 9:44 AM
It's fast food. I worked at taco bell, sonic & del taco. Sonic was cool because I didn't have to see people. Messy kids bothered me. I hated cleaning up after them, as well as their messy parents. It makes you wonder what their homes look like.
mallbound

Jan 30, 2007, 3:08 AM
And why is that places charge less for the kids who are the ones who create the big messes in the first place (well besides teenie boppers). Shouldn't it be the other way around?

btw HAHA kiosk_hell, kinda makes me glad I didn't take your shift (I was actually thinking about it Sat, but getting ahead of you in acts wouldn't have been worth that) 🤣
chocolateman85006

Jan 30, 2007, 10:31 AM
I agree. People suck!
txsolitaire

Jan 31, 2007, 10:18 PM
chocolateman85006 said:
I agree. non-christians suck!

fixed.
kiosk_hell

Jan 31, 2007, 1:34 PM
Yeah, I felt bad for the baby and for the mom because I'm sure she was embarrassed. I wasn't mad that it happened, just that she tried to run off and leave it for me.
craptacularwireless

Jan 29, 2007, 2:52 PM
I had something similar happen to me on Friday. There was a mother with her poopy two year old in here. Mind you, my store is only 120 feet, so you can appreciate how awful it smelled in here. To top it of the little bastard was running around the store, grabbing phones, throwing tantrums when the phones were taken out of his hands, and running behind the counter. I almost felt like telling the lady that the commission I was earning from the sale wasn't worth having that little stinkbomb in here.
crystal

Jan 31, 2007, 3:29 PM
i was closing store one night by myself, had about six people in line waiting, some woman's child (now this kid should've been potty trained completely at that age) pulled his/her pants down and took a crap right in the middle of the store. then they left. i didn't even notice until right after they walked out, and everyone just looked at me expectantly. i was so grossed out, but i have two kids, so i'm used to wiping crap, so like a trooper, i walked over there with paper towels, sprayed some windex (i think that's all we had!) and put a chair over the spot so no one would step on it.

on an off topic note, i've had a moment where my daughter decided poop was "fun" and smeared it everywhere (she took her diaper off herself).

fun times,...
(continues)
biznass

Jan 31, 2007, 4:43 PM
Thank God my daughter has never done that. I do have a friend whose Downs Syndrom daughter smeared her crap all over the place on several occasions but special toddlers are known for that.
srotter1

Jan 31, 2007, 4:52 PM
I was working with this mom one time when her three year old son walked to the corner of the storepulled down his pants and started peeing in the corner. A couple of the other customers started to say something then the mom runs over to her son and starts congratulating him because he pulled his pull up down to go to the bathroom. I promplty asked the lady to leave the store and of course she wanted my managers name and phone number as I was way overreacting but when I ofered her the chance to clean it up of course she just left real quick.
lilmushr00m

Jan 31, 2007, 8:56 PM
we had some grown drunk man leave his crap is one of our seats.we didn't notice t untill after he left and but that time it was to late... someone had already sat in it...(she was a "b" though. ha ha it was gross! we just threw the chair away.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.