Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

Any Sprint rep wanna help me out?

Ask The Shack

Jan 24, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hey all. Long story short, I was a victim of Fraud, and after 4 failed attempts to sign up with SERO, I was able to do it. I had my brother sign up, then do a transfer of liability info my name.

It took about a month, and constant buck-passing between InPhonic, and Sprint.

I'm not asking for much, but I would like to get some free texts for my trouble. I bet I'm sounding stuck up, and coming off as one of "those" customers who ask the world for no reason at all, but I don't think I'm one of them.

Anyway, if you would like to help out, and lend me a hand, I would appreciate it.

I have already called Sprint, and they don't want to do much for me besides for throw me a one-time offer of 100 free texts, but I would like something tha...
(continues)
Sprintrep81

Jan 24, 2007, 2:47 PM
So you have a plan you pay severely discounted prices for, you get free internet, picture mail,ect.. if you have a power vision phone you would normally pay $25 per month to have all of that. Text is pretty much the only thing you do get for free and so you want someone to help you get that for free simply because you had some issues getting the amazing plan you are on set up. If this is a serious claim why don't you go back to who ever got you hooked up with sero and see if they can get you the txt.
Ask The Shack

Jan 24, 2007, 4:56 PM
When I, or in this case my brother, orignaly signed up, it was through the savings@sprint.com, so I don't have a Sprint rep to talk to.

I appreciate what you're trying to say how the plan is discounted enough, but I would like Sprint to appreciate the effort that I put into this, and the frustration that I had to endure by being told to talk to the other guy. I know I'm not asking for something crazy, and totally out of order.
cheerios

Jan 24, 2007, 10:19 PM
No you are not asking for something completely crazy... I would however recomend buying from a person instead of a computer and then you would have someone to talk to personally about this. My suggestion would be to go to a sprint store, buy an accessory from someone and then talk to them about what happened and they may be more willing to talk to you about solving the problem. It really sucks to have to deal with everything that I'm sure you have had to deal with.
Ask The Shack

Jan 25, 2007, 12:15 AM
Believe me, trying to buy from a Sprint store directly was my first choice, unfortunately, I was getting the run around.

As far as accessory's go, I'm going to eBay for that. It's WAY cheaper in the store, and the same thing. Why should I pay 3 times as much for the same thing? 😛 (Just kidding BTW....)
Sprintrep81

Jan 25, 2007, 12:23 AM
That is what he is saying. If you are going to buy everything online how can you expect a rep in the store to help you when most of what they make is commssion. I am 100 times more likely to help one of my customers that has activated lines with me or that i know at least activated in one of my stores than i am someone who activated online or at walmart just so they could save a buck. that extra buck you are not paying is costing you help in a store.

and to get a sero account you have to have someone that works for sprint reffer you to it. hints Sprint Employee Referal Offer.
raycarroll70

Jan 25, 2007, 8:33 AM
Incorrect buddy. There was a leak to the net about using savings@sprint.com for the sprint employee e mail address so pretty much ANYONE could sign up for the SERO plans. I had activated a customer on the 5th of the month only to churn 3 days later and returned the phone because he signed up online for one of the SERO plans and bought the same phone he had purchased from me at a better price. I can't blame him. I would have done the exact same thing had I been in his shoes. As far as buying accessories on ebay versus coming into our retail store to purchase them, again I'd do the same thing in his shoes provided I knew I was getting an OEM products.
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
Actually all you have to have is a business liable account to be eligible, and then find a rep who knows about SERO, and then get it added if you don't have a business liable account or an employee liable account your SOL....
option32

Feb 2, 2007, 1:48 PM
the best thing you can do, since you arent willing to go into a store and help a rep out, is to get in touch with retention.
captainplooky

Jan 24, 2007, 2:55 PM
Check your email, I sent a link to some information you might find helpful regarding this.
biznass

Jan 24, 2007, 5:02 PM
You want our company to appreciate the effort you put in...to getting a heavily discounted plan. I wouldn't give you anything else. SUCK IT UP and pay for what you want to use.
mallbound

Jan 24, 2007, 7:16 PM
So let me get this straight. You used a fake email address to get a (deeply discounted) plan that is supposed to be for friends/family of employees only. You bought a phone via online InPhonic and then want us to give you yet more things for free or heavily discounted? Do you not see how this doesn't benefit Sprint at all? I'd say enjoy the fact that you founda loophole that is allowing you to enjoy Sprint for cheap in the first place. It isn't like the text packages are really that expensive in the first place. If customer care is willing to give you some free text, I'd say take the and then add a monthly text plan...
Ask The Shack

Jan 24, 2007, 9:18 PM
Not a fake e-mail address, Sprint wouldn't accept one if I just "made one up" that you think I did. If you don't believe me, go try it.

The savings@sprint.com is legit. It was open to anyone, that's why they put that e-mail out there. Unfortunately they shut it down on 1/1/07, so it was a limited time promo, that they didn't promote.

As far as ordering it through InPhonic, I would have LOVED to do it in a store (and I was told through InPhonic that I had to), but I couldn't, Sprint said that the ONLY (read : ONLY!!!!!!) way it can be done is THROUGH THE WEB SITE!!!!!

You make me sound like I'm "wheeling, and dealing", and trying to pull a fast one with Sprint. That just isn't the case.

I just wanna make myself clear before I get ...
(continues)
raycarroll70

Jan 24, 2007, 9:34 PM
Name's Ray Carroll. I work for corporate Sprint Nextel Inc. in a retail store. There is a current promotion for college students which in essence gives the student 300 text messages a month for free for 12 months. Even though this airtime promotion is only for new activations, you may be entitled to it on the SERO plan. If you're a college student, the best recommendation Ask The Shack I would give you is to stop by one of the corporate retail stores/kiosks and inquire about it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck
Ask The Shack

Jan 24, 2007, 10:32 PM
Really? 'Cause I just graduated college in August. Does it count to former students? Do you have a plan code that I could give them?
raycarroll70

Jan 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know the code for it. All you have to do is bring a current college student id card into one of our stores. BTW, congratulations on your degree. May your Return On Investment/ROI be a high yield and welcome to the American Rat Race we call life. Come work for Sprint Nextel Inc.(www.sprint.com/careers) and get a FREE line of service. LOL!
Ask The Shack

Jan 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks. I'll probably go to a Sprint store tomorrow.

As far as a return on my investment. I'm personally 11K in debt (my mom is about 3 times that), and no ones biting.

I do have a decent job, and wouldn't mind working for Sprint, but I would wanna do it as part time, but the hours I work wont allow it.

Coincidently, I do still work in the Cellular industry. I keep trying to get out, but they keep pulling me back in....
raycarroll70

Jan 25, 2007, 8:34 AM
Just like being in the Mafia or NSA for that matter. Once you're in, you're in for life...or until you swim with the fish. LOL!
Ask The Shack

Feb 1, 2007, 9:59 PM
Hey Ray, thanks alot. I just got the 300 free texts a month. Just wanted to say thanks for the idea! 🙂
biznass

Jan 25, 2007, 3:13 PM
I don't care where you got the phone, it's the fact that you think we owe you something. WE DON'T! We're providing a service that you need to PAY FOR. You're already getting a cheap plan. STOP WHINING ALREADY!
averagewhiteboy

Jan 25, 2007, 11:25 AM
If you want something for free each time you get jerked around by Sprint customer care, you're in for a long one Brother... I love Sprint: The phones, the network, everything is great! Their "customers, who cares?!?!" department, however, is fantastically dreadful!!!!!
Ask The Shack

Jan 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
Actually, I just got off the phone with Sprint. They called me after I took their survey. The lady was nice, and offered me a $25 credit. It's not free text, but it's almost a free month of service.

Not too shabby, but I'm not 100% satisfied, but I'll take what I can get.
kiosk_hell

Jan 25, 2007, 1:10 PM
You might want to check out sprintusers.com. They have tons of threads about how to get free things you don't necessarily deserve. And regular Sprint customers who actually pay for the services they use can thank those people every time the rate plans and add on prices go up.
biznass

Jan 25, 2007, 3:16 PM
Well said. This guy is such a jerk. It just blows my mind that he tried to get around having to order his phone online and it took extra 'effort' for him to get what he wanted and now he wants Sprint to give him something for free. Some people, eh?
cyberpsionic

Jan 25, 2007, 3:20 PM
As raycarroll70 pointed out..."There is a current promotion for college students which in essence gives the student 300 text messages a month for free for 12 months. Even though this airtime promotion is only for new activations, you may be entitled to it on the SERO plan. If you're a college student, the best recommendation Ask The Shack I would give you is to stop by one of the corporate retail stores/kiosks and inquire about it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck"
biznass

Jan 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
He's not a student anymore, therefore he shouldn't get the student promotion. And I'm pretty sure that ended anyway. The codes aren't in our PSA at this store.
cyberpsionic

Jan 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
I bet if Ask The Shack brought in a college ID into one of the Sprint corporate retail stores, I seriously doubt he'd be hassled of what classes he's currently taking. Besides, Ask The Shack is taking some post graduate courses before he starts applying to graduate school and becomes part of the rat race known as a j o b so biznass, I hope you smoke some foul horse turd and pass out before you become a glorifed paper pusher next week.

As raycarroll70 mentioned

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Ask The Shack

Jan 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
I been there, and HoFo and they didn't have too much information besides that getting 500 texts was easy, that's it. They don't mention on HOW to do it tho....
kiosk_hell

Jan 26, 2007, 1:40 PM
Hmm, the standard method seems to be:

1. Call CS
2. Have a false sense of entitlement
3. If you don't get what you want, threaten to cancel
4. Success
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 1:41 PM
exactly, it's what i tell customers who need a new phone but don't have TEP, i just ok get really mad cause i'm about to send you to CAS and you really have to want that red razr if your gonna get it....
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
Sidenote: No SERO plan included free texts, at least no sero plan that can be accessed by store reps or customer care....
Ask The Shack

Jan 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
That's correct, and the only passable BAD thing about the plan, no texts. Besides that, the plan is unbeatable, but I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth here....
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 1:27 PM
well find someone at sprint that actually knows how to do there job(good luck 🤣 ) and maybe you'll get it
chocolateman85006

Jan 26, 2007, 1:31 PM
I was almost gonna go to sprint. I better hold up.
kiosk_hell

Jan 26, 2007, 1:43 PM
Lots of us "actually know how to do our job". That doesn't mean that we are allowed to give every person looking for handouts exactly what they want. 🙄
MetroTet

Jan 26, 2007, 1:50 PM
yea, i was talk about on the call center lv, store reps have it easy... i wish i could just sell... and i don't give them whatever they want, but i do help them, and believe i'm doing this more company good than harm...
biznass

Jan 26, 2007, 2:25 PM
I second that!
spidermon

Feb 2, 2007, 12:08 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.