Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 35 replies

Go away. I can't help you. (a little long)

kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 6:40 PM
A lady comes in yelling (literally) because she has an additional $100 in text messaging charges.

I look at the bill, the account, and go so far as to ask if she has access to her account online because that will show every message sent or recieved.

The lady only buys 250 sent or recieved messages because she didn't want to pay $10 to be unlimited between VZW phones. Her son used about 1250 messages. At $0.10 per message over the 250...you see where this is going.

She wants a credit of $100 and wants unlimited to only be $5.00 because her kid said it's only $5.00. I explained the packages available. She got upset with me because I'm implying that her kid is a liar. Well, the kid hasn't a clue. The $5.00 package was dropp...
(continues)
jigsawman

Jan 11, 2007, 6:49 PM
yea man!! You know what I do when I have
customers like that?? Call the Police!! Noone,
I mean noone talks to me like that!! I don't
care if your the Pope, the President!! You know
how much of a moron they look like when the police arrive and the story is told by my co-workers and other customers!! Granted, there are alot of dumb store reps but the customer is
most of the time wrong!!
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 6:57 PM
🤣 I love the way you responded to her behavior. Bravo.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:04 PM
you would encourage behavoiur like that in your store by your staff?
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 7:07 PM
If I had a customer being as unreasonable as her, yes.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:11 PM
I don't disagree with telling her that no she's not getting credit and the tm was 10.00 but I would never say for her son to get a job or any of that other crap... that's crossing the line and becomes arrogant. and he wouldn't have a job because of it
jigsawman

Jan 11, 2007, 7:12 PM
well... I'm glad you qualified that as you did!!
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 7:33 PM
Written word can't let you hear the tone of my voice as I delivered those words. Do I get any points for the fact that it was delivered in a very controlled voice with hints of suggestion about the whole "get a job" thing because she didn't know how she was going to pay the bill?
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:34 PM
no you could ha done a song and dance number and i would still fire you for what you said
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 7:41 PM
Would you fire smorris for almost running over old people in the parking lot? 🙂
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:44 PM
I work in a mall.. what happens in the parking lot is not my problem..

but on the flip side I wouldn't hire such an arrogant pr!ck to start with
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 7:45 PM
Good point...
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:03 PM
i think that's the most arrogant thing I've ever heard a sales rep say to a customer (upset and yelling or not) and you would currently be without a job
jigsawman

Jan 11, 2007, 7:08 PM
Why is it so arrogant that he told her how it really is??? Why can't people handle the truth??
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:10 PM
because it's customer service..

if you wanna say that to her in the street then by all means but not in my store
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 7:12 PM
Eh, I would've said something close to that but not as wordy.

Possibly after the "get me someone who can," I'd say, "There's no one here who can get you a credit for valid charges." and then offer the text packages or to block it. That's the only option I'd give them. I wouldn't say call in to customer service. I wouldn't say ask anyone else. I'd just tell them to pay up.

Earlier today I had a guy who wanted to add a line onto his current account. I pulled it up, and it was $250 past due. Then I noticed he had another account that was over $100 past due. I told him he'd have to be current in both accounts to add a line and he wanted me to do something magical to get around that since he'd "already mailed in the check." I told...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 7:14 PM
Exactly. They expect us to do things that are completely impossible or against company policy. Why would I risk my job for your mistakes?
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:15 PM
"well, it's not my fault. It's not the fault of VZW. It's your son's fault. Until you are willing to admit that he's not perfect and he might lie to you, you always be miserable. I'm not about to call a CS rep and ask them to go against policy because you have a completely unrealistic view of your child. Wake up to reality lady. If you'd like, I can put the $10.00 package on right now to prevent this from happening again or I can block text messaging completely and save you $5.00 per month. Might I also recommend your son get a job? Then HE could pay for his own usage."

this is what i have a problem with..

when you start blaming customers then they get defensive and their behaviour worsens. and then he just ba...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 7:17 PM
Newf, who else is to blame if not the customer?
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:18 PM
yeah but find a better way to phrase it other then it's your fault..

when you use attacking words then the person on the other side of that becomes defensive..
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 7:19 PM
He became defensive because she was attacking him. How are her right any more important than his?
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:21 PM
because he's an employee.. let her stand there are freak out and cause a sceen all she wants.. there is always a respectful way to tell people what they need to hear..

from what he posted.. she did not belittle him.. she did not personally attack him verbally or physically.. he should not have responded in that matter.. period.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 7:22 PM
I strongly disagree with you.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:23 PM
I don't understand why you do but oh well..

my store he wouldn't have a job.. in yours he would.. we'll have to leave it at that..
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 7:17 PM
It's strong wording, but I don't really believe he said all that. It's too much to say.

I've suggested parents make their kids work off the debt or to block the feature until the kid is willing to pay the monthly feature out of their own money.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:18 PM
and i'm even ok with that..

but that whole tell your kid to get a job crap is retarded
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 7:21 PM
yeah, I work in an area with rich kids so I know hardly any of them work. I don't suggest that.

Honestly, I doubt he said all that anyway.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:22 PM
really said or not..

i don't understand how people can support treating your customers like that
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 7:13 PM
chill out bout respect jus because we work you still gotta have it.
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:16 PM
oh i know that but there's no reason you should ever insult a customer.. never..

even when i had to break up a fight in my store and kick two guys out I never talked to them like that
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 7:23 PM
brreakin up a fight is like
scenario- cmon guys, theres families here this is not place for that. break it up break it up!!!!
lol

I use my grown man voice on. Maybe he had a bad day
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:24 PM
yeah pretty much but I'm also 5'3 and it was two big guys.. had to get between them.. ha ha
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 7:26 PM
oh snap there wasnt anyone bigger lol!!!
newfette

Jan 11, 2007, 7:27 PM
ha ha the girls are too timid for that kinda stuff
southtexrep

Jan 11, 2007, 9:05 PM
Probably insensitive, but not arrogant.

Personally I wouldn't have taken it that personal, but I'm still on the rep's side on this one.

It's probably way more heated in a face-to-face situation, so it's understandable. On the phone I would have probably said all those things except the getting a job part, and the part about accepting her kid is not honest. But again, talking to an idiot like that lady face-to-face would probably get a much diff response from me.
lilmushr00m

Jan 11, 2007, 9:18 PM
that is F'N awesome!!! 🙂 😳 😁
your my hero!!! i would love to do that..omg thats great you put her in her place. where do people get off.??!!
ive gotta give you propps. are you going to get in trouble?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.