Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

I love all the idiots that walk through this mall...

Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:20 PM
So I just had some guy walk by our kiosk (there are three of us working). He had a bunch of tattoos, piercings, and had his ears stretched out so far that you could literally put a soda can through them without touching them.

He freaked out and demanded that we apologize to him because he thought we were staring at him. I told him I refused to apologize because we hadn't done anything wrong. He continued to flip out and swear at us for a while and eventually my manager apologized.

The guy's still walking around the mall and keeps trying to stare us down every time he walks by. I just stare back at him each time and laugh, but I think he is under the impression that he's really tough or something. It's kinda funny. I wish I had se...
(continues)
frankiewawa

Jan 11, 2007, 2:25 PM
Maybe he will come back and activate 5 new lines on a 6000 minute plan with the highest text plan on each. as well as bluetooth car kits for each one. I think you would be all set then.
Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:33 PM
That'd be cool, but I think I'd have more fun if he tries to cause more trouble. If he started a fight with me it'd be sweet. I wouldn't even care if I lost miserably (which looking at him I don't think that would happen) as long as I could rip those ridiculous things out of his ears.
frankiewawa

Jan 11, 2007, 2:35 PM
Haha fight back dirty. I like it. Yeah and you're employed at a mall so you can say its self defense and rip this d-bags dangling ear holes out 🤣
Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:41 PM
I have always thought it'd be great to get into a fight with someone with their ears stretched out like that. The very first thing I would do is reach for them and pull.
frankiewawa

Jan 11, 2007, 2:45 PM
I bet he would get on his knees quicker than jenna jameson too... It would be quite the scene 😎
Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:56 PM
That was amazing @_@
krickt

Jan 11, 2007, 2:26 PM
He's looking for a fight, and a reason to leave flaming paper sacks full of poo at each entrance to the mall. See if I'm not right.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:26 PM
that's really stupid.
I have a friend like that. She wears punk clothes, wears her hair crazy, has tattoos and piercings... when people 'stare' at her or ask her about a piercing or tattoo she flips out like "why do they have to stare at me??" and i think, why would you take all the time and effort to make yourself stand out like that if you didn't want people to look?

i used to have dreads and gauged ears (not anymore, sometimes i cry at night) but i still have a lot of tattoos and I see people look at them and ask questions and that's fine with me... it can be a conversation starter.

I'm glad you didn't apologize... what a jerk.
krickt

Jan 11, 2007, 2:28 PM
That's always my response. If you didn't want to be stared at, why make yourself stand out like that? You knew when you did it, that you were going to get attention for it, or has mommie and daddie stopped giving you attention?
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:30 PM
they like being "outcasts"

it makes them interesting...

also known as annoying...
krickt

Jan 11, 2007, 3:33 PM
I don't know what goes through the heads of these people, but I'd rather be an interesting person, than "look" interesting.
kiosk_hell

EXACTLY!
Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:38 PM
I have no problem with the way any of it looks aside from the ears. Gauged ears look completely retarded and disgusting. Tattoos and piercings I actually like (as long as the tattoos are unique and not just some stupid thing all their friends have or that they found on the wall at the tattoo parlor).

These people want attention or they wouldn't make themselves look like that. If you're going to make yourself stand out you have to expect attention. Some of it may be positive, but you have to accept that you'll receive some negative attention along with it. And this sort of thing is 100% their own doing so they have no excuse for getting all pissy about it.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:39 PM
Exactly. It's not like a birth defect or a deformity.
Hayate

Jan 11, 2007, 2:42 PM
Right. Those are funny too but you just can't laugh at those people to their face.
bassplayer

Jan 11, 2007, 2:27 PM
The earrings are there so he has somewhere to rest his legs while he's....

Oh wait that's not phonescoop appropriate.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:27 PM
I bet he never thought about how having his ears pierced like that is going to affect him in the future. Finding a job is going to be hard (who wants to hire a dude with holes in his ears?). He's going to have to remove them at some point in his adult life lest he look like a bigger fool. Can you imagine his grandchild, "Grandpa, why do your ears look all funny?" Idiots.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:29 PM
very true. When i gauged my ears i took precautions. They say that once you go past a 00 they never return to their orginal size... i went one size smaller than that just in case... it's been 8 months since I started sizing them down and today i'm wearing regular earings... I would feel really foolish if i had big flappy rings of skin hanging down by my neck.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:32 PM
🤣 Exactly. It's acceptable in some African tribes, but we're not in Africa. You know people aren't going to be very accepting of your "individuality".
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:34 PM
also i am going to africa with the peace corps soon... dreads and gauged ears are status symbols there and if an outsider came in with them they would likely take great offense to that... people in america don't have meaning behind their 'look' it's just for the look whereas there it means something to themselves and others.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:36 PM
And it's more socially acceptable because it's part of their culture. You, not belonging to their culture, might offend them.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:37 PM
which is why my dreadies are gone and i have normal earrings 😢

brushing hair is for squares!
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:40 PM
🤣 I wouldn't know, I've been shaving my brick the last couple of months. Really cuts back on the amount of time it takes for me to get ready.
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 2:30 PM
nah, you just just hack off the stretched out part. Your ears may look a little funny, but not as funny as having them stretched that far.

Then you can also make up stories about how some psycho commie bit your ears off in Nam.
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:33 PM
That would be hard to explain when you were born in the '80s!
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 2:34 PM
Kids will believe anything these days...
jalanjalaning

besides, they don't know when 'nam' was anyway...
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 2:36 PM
They probably couldn't find it on a map if you highlighted it and set it right in front of them.
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 3:21 PM
If you really wanna screw with them tell them it was in the Korean war.

"We had a war with Korea?"
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 3:25 PM
🤣 Or we can tell them it was World War I. When they ask about it you can tell them, "Yeah, the US fought against Mexico and Canada who wanted to take over the US." That would be a lot of fun.
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 7:57 PM
If you were my employee, i'd fire you on the spot for being mean to people in public 😛
Hayate

Jan 12, 2007, 6:14 PM
I'd kick you in the nuts and rip that guy's ear things out. It'd be sweet.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.