Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Free PDAs? How would that make sence.

Crapbag

Jan 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
I just had a customer call in asking what PDA devices we offered for free with activation. They made claim that Wirefly was offering the 8700c and Pearl for free with two year. I politely laughed and told them I have no PDAs i would be willing to give them on a two year. Good luck with Wirefly(I think thats who it was).
southtexrep

Jan 9, 2007, 11:15 PM
Well wirefly does have some good deals, as does Amazon, but I just don't advertise it. I once did an order through LetsTalk.com and got 2 MOT v330's for free (back in 04 or 05, time passes so fast now I can't remember) but they sure do have good deals. The only thing is, I have no sympathy when the 3rd party vendor screws up the order, and the customer is calling in wanting to exchange at the store, and wanting me to authorize it. Yeah right. Sorry, and good luck to you. You take a chance, you take the consequences.
biznass

Jan 10, 2007, 4:53 PM
I don't trust buying my phone online. I'll spend more money to buy it at a store I can go back to if I have problems. Except being an employee means I have to buy it from Telesales but that's a little different. No less frustrating, though!
Crapbag

Jan 10, 2007, 5:28 PM
I just don't understand the logic. If wirefly offers the pearl for instance free after rebate on a two year and all i wanted was a crappy Razor or something why wouldn't i get the pearl? What morons are on there signing up for anything but PDAs knowing they can turn around and sell them for $300+ on craigslist or ebay!?!?!?
cremz

Jan 10, 2007, 5:31 PM
You can't, if you cancel your service or drop your PDA connect you have to pay $300. It's a secondary agreement along with it. Some of them even make it if you pay your bill late or change your rate plan.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.