Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 80 replies

Dear All: Verizon, Sprint, USCC, T-Mo, and other sales reps...

smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 5:47 PM
Cingular gets the iPhone.

You know that sound you hear before the 30 Megaton nuclear warhead hits?

Yeah, bet you just felt that, didn't ya?

Oh, how I love selling Cingular.

...because all you will hear for the next few YEARS is, "Hey, you got the iPhone?"
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:49 PM
smorris said:
Cingular gets the iPhone.

Yeah, bet you just felt that, didn't ya?

Oh, how I love selling Cingular.

...because all you will hear for the next few YEARS is, "Hey, you got the iPhone?"

Dream on wiener head.
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 5:52 PM
Having been a rep for Verizon before, I can vouch that they don't "get it". Internally, they want to MAKE trends, which is impossible, because young people want to CREATE trends.

Apple isn't seen as some "corporate giant" like other companies are. (Great marketing isn't it.)

So, when I start selling iPhones like cotton candy, you can cry.

Because this is going to make the Sidekick trend end. Completely.
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:53 PM
The Sidekick trend and the RAZR trend never should have started in the first place. Only Nokia phones get my respect. (And not all of those are a walk in the park either.)
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:05 PM
As a phone - the Nokia 6010 was the most reliable device I think was ever produced. But phone companies created "needs" for features. And now we have massively integrated devices.

Go figure.
MrAbstracto

Jan 9, 2007, 5:53 PM
OOOOHHH! 'wiener head'!
smorris got PWND!
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:56 PM
MrAbstracto said:
OOOOHHH! 'wiener head'!
smorris got PWND!

Quiet! I work alone!
phone_doctor

Jan 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
The way i see it phones come and go been in the game for 20 years and back then the moto 55o was the hottest thing
spidermon

Jan 10, 2007, 8:05 PM
But lets be honest because of this phone every manufacturer will have to truly step up there game we all benifit from this. and lets be honest how is this any different from the launch of oh I dont know the sidekick 3 Cingy reps have hated that word for years. 😎
jigsawman

Jan 9, 2007, 5:50 PM
I will continue to prosper selling everything but the rubbish that is Cingular!!
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:50 PM
lol, that shows him!
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 5:54 PM
Oooh. Yeah. Using those "factual" words and phrases like "rubbish".

Your customers must not deal it "facts". They probably enjoy "factiness".
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:55 PM
My customers? I don't have customers! Unlike you I work in an office job and I am not forced to sell anything!!! Muah-hahahahahaaaaa!
jigsawman

yea!! wannabe Colbert!!
alcave21

Jan 9, 2007, 6:01 PM
its french b*tch!!!lmfao....i love that guy.... 🀣
cilvzwagent

Jan 9, 2007, 5:51 PM

It's about the same as the sound you guys probably constantly get over the Chocolate, The V, The EnV, The Q.............dare i continue?
jigsawman

Jan 9, 2007, 5:54 PM
sold every company out there and they all suck!! have a carrier overseas and I can be
anywhere in the country and I still get service. no US carrier can say that about their service. it's all junk here!! HA HA
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:55 PM
Finally, someone who can stand up and tell tha truth!!!
smorris

Actually - I do get a lot of Chocolate requests.

But I sell them "Blackjacks" and "SYNCS".

Remember, we invented the RAZR. And the SLVR. We got iTunes... whatchu got?
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 5:57 PM
I get a few chocolate requests too, but it can't compete with the SYNC in price nor features.
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 9, 2007, 5:57 PM
No, MOTOROLA invented the RAZR, and SLVR. Cingular invented the idea of suckering losers into spending hundreds of hard-earned dollars to get those crap phones.
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:02 PM
Yeah - we're a money-making company. Imagine us getting a good idea and marketing it...

Derh.

Hyped phones? Like the Chocolate? enV?

"Hello, pot, yes, this is kettle - you're black."
phonemechanic

Jan 9, 2007, 6:03 PM
"Hello, NAACP, yes this is smorris - he thinks he's black"
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:04 PM
Uh... I am black.
MrAbstracto

Jan 9, 2007, 6:05 PM
ooohh. Bet he didn't see that coming. 🀣
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:11 PM
I'm just REALLY ashy.

You got any lotion.
phonemechanic

Jan 9, 2007, 6:12 PM
🀣
captainplooky

Jan 9, 2007, 6:47 PM
Liar.

What little creditability you had is now gone.

Seriously though, why did you feel compelled to lie about such nonsense? Did you actually think it would bolster your position?
crystal

Jan 10, 2007, 6:40 PM
what a shame cingular isn't out here.

i'm crying on the inside, i really am. pass the tissues, please. my sales are going to go down because of a competitor that doesn't exist here.

anyways, whiteboy, i like nerds. you sexy?
captainplooky

Jan 9, 2007, 6:50 PM
Kids like that are entertaining.

Nothing like seeing a white kid pretending to be from the ghetto.

I find kids that are ghetto dwellers exhibiting class quite refreshing though.

Paradoxical to say the least.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:07 PM
Aww, you find me refreshing? Or would I still have to live in a ghetto for that? It's been about 8 years since I've lived in one.
southtexrep

Jan 9, 2007, 6:32 PM
Vcast TV
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:34 PM
Cingular Video. -- and MobiTV

Uh... next pointless advance?
vzwbellstar

Jan 10, 2007, 5:17 PM
The network--It gets old when all those people follow you everywhere but o what the hell. That and service centers
Crapbag

Jan 9, 2007, 9:12 PM
cilvzwagent said:
The EnV, The Q

Whats an EnV other than an over glorified LG9300 which was crap. And the Q is deffinetly nothing to brag about. Between glitches and battery life it should have bee called the F or perhaps D at best.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 5:52 PM
and then we can reply with, "Hey, you got $600?"
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 5:58 PM
The RAZR was REALLY expensive when it launched too.

And yes - they got $500. Because $500 sales ain't a thang baby! LOL.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 6:01 PM
I still can't believe people paid that much for the Razr... anyway. I'm forking out over 700 to buy it at wholesale.
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:03 PM
iPhone will be the next - HUGE thing.

Seriously.

Everyone my age knows about it and wants it.

And we matter, because we have disposable incomes.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 6:08 PM
Even those that don't have disposable incomes are getting it.

I'm hocking three of my older PDAs for it. I was hanging onto them for just this reason.
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:13 PM
I'm selling a SYNC, a Verizon VX6700 and a Sony W810i for it.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 6:19 PM
Think you'll get enough for it with that?

Mine are the Nokia 9300, BB 7130, and Treo 650. I figure I can get $200 easy for each one.
smorris

Jan 9, 2007, 6:25 PM
VX6700 - $250
SYNC - $200
W810i - $150

Helllllllllo iPhone!
chocolateman85006

Jan 9, 2007, 7:07 PM
If they're all in great condition, then yes.
captainplooky

Jan 9, 2007, 6:45 PM
The Ipod enacts DRM via Itunes, though if other similar phones are any indication, the Iphone will most likely have DRM built in to prevent third party applications from uploading content.

This means any "unauthorized" (read not purchased from Apple via Itunes) will most likely not play. Afterall, the Ipod only syncs authorized music with Itunes, it's impossible to sync unauthorized music.

Just like the Ipod, the Iphone will punish consumers because of the threat of thieves and pirates , instead of simply punishing those who abuse the system. "Fairplay" my ass.

Also, I'm curious if the system will allow music already purchased for the Ipod to be synced onto the Iphone. I would assume it would be, however, would not be surprised i...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:05 PM
First, you need a bop on the head.

*bop*

The only music on iTunes with DRM, are songs you purchase from the iTunes music store. You can burn an audio cd onto your computer, and it's not protected. You can also use iTunes to play ANY unprotected MP3 without it locking it to only be used in iTunes. You can also take music purchased from iTunes, convert it to a wav file, and then back into an unprotected mp3 (effectively removing ANY DRM).

The iPod only syncs with the iTunes software (freeware), but it will play any MP3, AAC, MP4, or MPEG file.

So, your arguments in the first three paragraphs are moot, because they're invalid.

Any music on your current iPod will also be on your computer. The iPhone has the same dock connector...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jan 9, 2007, 7:15 PM
I probably did not elucidate well on my concerns with DRM as I have limited experience with the Ipod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairPlay »

An intentional limitation of Fairplay is that it prevents iTunes customers from using the purchased music on any portable digital music player other than the Apple iPod.

On January 3, 2005, an iTunes online music store customer filed a lawsuit against Apple Computer, alleging the company broke antitrust laws by utilizing FairPlay with iTunes so that purchased music will work only with its own music player, the iPod, freezing out competitors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod#Connectivity »

The DRM can be removed by burning the files onto an audio
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:21 PM
I'm an Apple fanboy, so I know their ins and outs. I'll admit I have blinders on when I look at them, but I haven't had a bad experience with them yet and I've spent well over ten thousand dollars with them in the last five years.

Also, the iTunes to CD and back to iTunes method can actually be marginally lossy. It just depends on what you encode the cd and subsequent mp3 at.

I use third party applications when I want to unencrypt something to save an audio CD. Usually I only have to do that when I want to hack up a song and make it into a ringtone.
craptacularwireless

Jan 9, 2007, 7:08 PM
Yeah, because people have hundreds of dollars to spend on a phone. You'll not sell as many as you think you will.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:14 PM
I'm gonna sell one to myself...
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:33 PM
You won't be able to carry them.....
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:36 PM
What do you mean? We're getting the phone around June.
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:39 PM
No you're not. Available at COR stores, Online, and Apple stores only. Just got the e-mail, wish I could forward it to you....
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:41 PM
send it to the South Dallas area manager, he'll forward it to me.

He just told us 45 minutes ago that we'd be getting it in june.
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:42 PM
Send me his name, and your real name through PS. I'll forward it to him tomorrow.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:47 PM
He's probably already gone home by tonight anyway, but I've already told him your store will be sending him an email so he wont think it's weird.

We've got over 200 stores, I wonder if Shanks can negotiate us into the deal.
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:51 PM
Hopefully. I've got e-mail from two different RAE's saying that we won't. Maybe it's just in our market, I don't know.

Maybe your RAE knows something....
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 8:07 PM
Maybe, but they don't work after 5pm... and that was 2 hours ago.

If we can't get it I'll be buying it directly from Apple. It's not like I could get it on a contract anyway.
cingcing

Jan 10, 2007, 12:28 PM
Sent.
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:31 PM
Buy an iPod mini, and a Nokia 6010 for half the price.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 7:35 PM
no video, no wifi, no widgets, no camera.

The really sad thing is I already have a CU500 and a 60 gig iPod video, but I'm still gonna buy this phone.
chocolateman85006

Jan 9, 2007, 7:42 PM
I have two treos (700w & 650) and STILL want that phone!
cingcing

Jan 9, 2007, 7:44 PM
Got a camcorder.

I haven't seen my next phone yet. I'm still rockin the Nokia 6682.
chocolateman85006

Jan 9, 2007, 7:45 PM
I actually kinda miss that phone.
Nikoletta

Jan 9, 2007, 9:08 PM
And yet you STILL don't have The Sidekick.
lavrnius maximus

Jan 9, 2007, 9:28 PM
i don't care after going through the demo on apples site that phone is dope. Not just cuz it looks cool, but if you like apple and currently use mac/own a ipod how could you not want that phone? and for those who are not familiar with apple don't hate try it out yøu'll like.
Nikoletta

Jan 9, 2007, 9:45 PM
I'm not saying anything against the iPhone, I have an iPod that I love...

I just think the original post on this thread was about 2 points shy of completely stupid... It was a trolling post meant to get people upset and fired up.
frankiewawa

Jan 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
that is what smorris is good at. 🀨
smorris

Jan 10, 2007, 4:55 PM
😲

You broke the code!
sweetsoprano

Jan 10, 2007, 9:00 AM
πŸ™„ *yawn*

Very Pertinent Question that we'll have to wait and see: will it work as a phone? Because if it doesn't work well as a phone, I can't see why anyone would spend $600 for what amounts to an upgraded iPod. Also, will it come preloaded with an amount of iTunes, like the SLVR does?
krickt

Jan 10, 2007, 11:17 AM
Kinda like the noise the ROKR made when it crashed?
smorris

Jan 10, 2007, 4:57 PM
The ROKR just sucked.
not2brite

Jan 10, 2007, 12:44 PM
While the iPhone does appear to have created a big buzz, six months is a long time to keep a buzz going as well as a $500 price tag for the "low end" product. This is a niche product and I can't see it becoming mainstream like the iPod because of the price. iPods have a full range of price, including the Shuffle, so there is a little more leeway.

Anyway, good luck to all the Cingular folks from now until June...

Cingular's new mantra:

"You got that iPod phone in yet?"
cingcing

Jan 10, 2007, 1:41 PM
Just got my first one.

"You guys get the nw iPhone yet?"

"It's gonna be June or July."

"It was announced yesterday."

"I know. It won't be launched till then."

"That's rediculous! Can't you special order one for me?"

"No. It hasn't been launched yet."

"I knew I left Cingular for a reason."

This is going to get old real quick.
frankiewawa

Jan 10, 2007, 2:19 PM
hahaha... yeah have fun with that one. 😎
spidermon

Jan 10, 2007, 8:12 PM
You can take the PS3 forum comments before that launched and line them up next to this and they are almost identical right down to the pricetags. 🀣 And do yo know what Ibought a Wii ha I think this phone will rock but I am not giving up my employee plan just for a touchscreen phone I will wait for them to release something just lik it for T-Mob. 😎
smorris

Jan 10, 2007, 8:40 PM
2 more days - I get my holiday commission check.

I'm buying a big TV, furniture, and a Wii!

(And I'm going to put my furniture on casters so I can play my Wii! LOL)
monkeyracer

Jan 10, 2007, 5:09 PM
For the next few years we'll hear that, but it will be followed by "because I can't get service anywhere."
jareddude42

Jan 10, 2007, 9:46 PM
im sure it will work out well as well in fact as you guys being the first to sell the razr LOL what a fine piece of equipment that was HAHA i sure hope apple offers the applecare protection plan on that because like everything else they make i give it 1.5 years before it needs to be replaced

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.