Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

This really did happen

biznass

Jan 9, 2007, 4:38 PM
This batty old lady was just in here saying she needed to know how to get her phone off of Spanish. I thought she had accidentally put her menus on Spanish. But no, she was calling customer care and saying that it as only in Spanish. So I called it on speakerphone and it said 'welcome to ___. Para espanol, presione dos' and she said 'see, it's in Spanish' so I kept the call going and about three seconds later it was in English. She had apparently been so upset by the fact that it said anything in Spanish she immediately hung up every time.
God.
Oh, and she got really pissed and asked for my manager's name somehow in the space of 5 minutes.
sparxx92562

Jan 9, 2007, 4:40 PM
lol, old ladies they need something too do
southtexrep

Jan 9, 2007, 6:09 PM
I had the same call the other day except it wasn't an old lady, just a friendly girl with a sexy voice. I like calls like that.
craptacularwireless

Jan 9, 2007, 6:46 PM
Did you feel a tingle in your nether regions?
Nikoletta

Jan 9, 2007, 6:44 PM
I had a sort of flip side of the coin myself last night.

Time Warner has taken over our cable in the area and I have internet through what was once Adelphia and is now Road Runner...

The service has gone to hell in a handbasket since they took over by the way and can we say IVR nightmare?

I literally spent 10 minutes trying to get through to a live person to find out why my internet service hasn't worked since 10 in the morning. I was offered the option to get a Spanish rep no less than 6 times.

I got through to a real live person and said. "I gotta say, I work in a call center and I have NEVER encountered such a hideous audio menu. Not in the two years on the phones. That thing was the worst."

It was down today too, whe...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 9, 2007, 6:47 PM
Aren't mergers fun?!
Nikoletta

Jan 9, 2007, 7:16 PM
Shoot me.
ralph_on_me

Jan 9, 2007, 6:49 PM
Ours went from Comcast to Time Warner, and apparently everyone who had Comcast got screwed because of the way some setting was on their system.

We frequently have outages of 5-7 hours and we're paying for the highest download speed package they offer to residential. Very unhappy.
craptacularwireless

Jan 9, 2007, 7:06 PM
What sucks is that your only other alternative is DSL, and DSL suck if you're used to having cable.
Nikoletta

Jan 9, 2007, 7:17 PM
We don't even have DSL as an option, we can get dialup, Road Runner, or Satellite... all of which stink.
MrAbstracto

Jan 9, 2007, 7:23 PM
I know how you feel. My butt stinks and I'm stuck with it too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.