Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

Worst introductions from customers

Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 5:45 PM
These are some of my least favorite things to hear from customers when they first approach the kiosk:

-Which ones are your free phones?

-Tell me about Cingular.

-I have a question about my bill.

What questions/demands do you hate hearing from customers the most?
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 5:47 PM
can i see this one.....?

how much is that one...?

where are all your other phones...?looking at a brochure while asking this....
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 5:50 PM
I also love the "Which phone goes with this plan?" As if each rate plan has a designated phone you have to use with it...
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 5:52 PM
lmfao...yeah i know right....

oh and lets not forget the classic.....

how many minutes do i get with this 300 minute plan?
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 5:53 PM
Or this one:

M: The lowest family plan we offer is $69.99 for 700 minutes.

C: How much does that one cost?
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 5:59 PM
lmfao......

or the all time favorite.....

damn i forgot it must have been that stupid my brain would not let it enter..... ๐Ÿคฃ
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 6:00 PM
See above.

'Nuff said.
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 6:01 PM
Or "Ehhh....a you speaka spanish?"
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 6:15 PM
Si. Hablo espanol. Que queiras? No tengo prepagado. Quieras contracto de dos anos? Si.

Teine licencia y regal? Por credito...

LOL.

I love being me.
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 6:20 PM
yeah i love being me to.....

when ever someone comes up to me speaking spanish:

c: hablas espanol?
me: no preo yo parle italiano....como creosa veliteso por telefono cellulare.......?

c: o bueno como estas....

do i need to continue.....?
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 6:01 PM
dat der phone? yup, get me dat der phone right der, how much? ๐Ÿคฃ
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 6:05 PM
Here are some that customers say when I answer the phone-

Is this ADVANCED tech support -or- Get me ADVANCED tech support (Keeping in mind, I answer thank you for calling Sprint together with Nextel this is XXXX in ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT)

Did that other person just transfer me (NO S#!T ๐Ÿ˜ณ )

Are you the supervisor???
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:05 PM
"I know it's not your fault but..."
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 6:08 PM
yeah that one is always followed by a

yell or a cry depending on how old they are.....
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:09 PM
well and it implies "but I'm going to take it out on you anyways."
frankiewawa

Jan 8, 2007, 1:08 PM
once you hear that you know its only going down hill from there. or the ****s going to hit the fan ๐Ÿคจ
xmatt02x

here is one i JUST had...

"what does international mean?"
alcave21

lmfao..... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:17 PM
That's when you stop, get a confused expression on your face, tilt your head slightly and look at them like you're wondering how on earth they are alive with no brain.
xmatt02x

Jan 7, 2007, 6:18 PM
i am in a call center โ˜น๏ธ lol
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:23 PM
Ah me too... I stop, and leave a small silence while I make the face anyways... if you're lucky they're realize how dumb the question is and just hang up.
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:25 PM
If they stay on the line you explain slowly like you're talking to a not so bright child. "Well... it means... not the United States... so other countries."
xmatt02x

Jan 7, 2007, 6:31 PM
hahaha i need to try that.. i get that question a lot.. or when i tell them that they have international roaming or long distance charges.. they procede to tell me that they have the nationwide long distance or that roaming is included...
rainbowbrite

Jan 9, 2007, 12:24 AM
I sadly have had that one before
yodhan

Jan 7, 2007, 6:50 PM
I get this one all the time:

Customer: So...do you guys have any phones?

Me: Yes, they're right over there. (points to entire wall of phones, over 20 in all)

or...

Customer: So, do you sell phones here?
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 3:10 PM
I get both of those on a daily basis. I wish I could beat those customers.
MrAbstracto

Jan 8, 2007, 3:14 PM
Request granted, Beat away!
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 3:18 PM
Thank you, Lord Abstracto!
aavera

Jan 7, 2007, 6:58 PM
I work for a Verizon indirect and the sign on top of our Kiosk CLEARLY says Verizon....BIG red letters and I get at least 20 people a week that start with "Do you handle Verizon accounts here?"
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 7:01 PM
That's better than having a huge orange Cingular logo plastered everywhere on the kiosk and constantly getting "Do y'all handle Sprint/Qwest/Verizon/T-Mobile?"

Or my favorite because of the reservation nearby. We have a partnership with Cellular One and our customers can use their towers for free and their customers can use our towers for a roaming fee (Cell One chooses to charge them, we choose not to).

At least once or twice a week we have a person come up and have us try to look up their Cellular One account or ask us for help with their Cellular One phone and look at us like we're crazy when we tell them this isn't a Cell One store. It's pretty amazing.
aavera

Jan 7, 2007, 7:05 PM
The name of the company I work for is Cellular Plus so we constatnly get people coming to us with their alltel (formerly cell one)accounts and get pissed when I can't despite all of the Verizon logo's plastered all over the side of the kiosk (We are a premire retailer so our indirect signing is small) Really, it's rediculous. It's even worse when they try and argue things like, "Well I bought this phone from you guys"- Well, no, you didn't. I can tell, because we DO NOT SELL ALTELL HERE!!!!
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 7:10 PM
They have no excuse here. Our company's name isn't found anywhere on the kiosk. It just says Cingular and everything is orange. There's no reason at all to get confused.
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 3:11 PM
Sure there is: their idiocy.๐Ÿ™‚
kiosk_hell

Jan 8, 2007, 11:50 AM
"Where's Verizon/Cingular/T-Mobile/US Cellular/Alltel?"

"Make me a deal"

"Are these all the phones you've got?" We actually have over 20 phones on display, not including Nextel, Boost, and Virgin Mobile, but some customers only seem to be able to see the phones they are standing directly in front of.
ralph_on_me

Jan 8, 2007, 1:12 PM
"What are your specials?"

I need to start replying with the lunch specials of the Mexican food place next door.
krickt

Jan 8, 2007, 1:14 PM
I love that one, too. The closest real resaurant (the kind that should have specials) doesn't do many specials or that would work here!
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 3:06 PM
Mine is a non verbal one. It's when you greet them and all they do is stare at you, walk over to the counter, and set their phone down without saying a word. What the hell? Do they think we can read their minds?
razzledazzle

Jan 8, 2007, 4:50 PM
I love it when the first thing they do is throw the phone at you and say "Fix It!"
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 4:53 PM
"I'll fix it by shoving it up your ass!" I would love to say that.
jestcuzzgrl

Jan 8, 2007, 9:02 PM
you have the Motorola V220?
Is that the razor?
me . no
cust . Well it's that moteroller razer
aavera

Jan 8, 2007, 9:08 PM
๐Ÿคฃ Gotta love em.....

But only cause it's illegal to kill em!
MrAbstracto

Jan 8, 2007, 9:09 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ I get that like 15 times a day!
raycarroll70

Jan 8, 2007, 11:40 PM
I actually had 2 customers come into the retail store I work in the other day with their Alltel and Verizon Wireless bills respectively wanting to pay them and then accused me of poor customer service for not taking their payments and wanted not only the name of my store manager, but also of my retail sales manager. LOL! I guess it would help if ya'll know I work in a corporate Sprint store.
sweetsoprano

Jan 9, 2007, 8:40 AM
On the phones:

"I'm tryna get a credit check done."
This tells me two things: the deposit required will be somewhere in the neighborhood of my weekly gross and you're not going to pay it because you don't have a credit/debit card or checking account. Therefore, you're clogging up my line. I could be talking to somebody ready to actually spend some money. ๐Ÿ™„ Anyway, we are not the freaking credit bureau. We don't run credit just to run it.

-"What are your specials?"
๐Ÿ™„
-"Do you got any free phones?" (the answer is always NO) ๐Ÿ™„

-(After I describe a calling plan to them) "Does that come with a phone?"
Did your HOME phone service come with a phone? ๐Ÿ™„
mallbound

Jan 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
"Oh you're gonna hate me today."

Seriously why EVER start anything but a fight with that kind of statement? Best thing is that it was even before I opened the kiosk. Let me tell you, that was a fun day.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.