Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

But my plan is “no long distance”

southtexrep

Jan 7, 2007, 5:26 PM
Customer kept arguing with me that he should not be charged Canada LD because his plan advertises “no LD” and he is going to sue me, personally along with our whole company and marketing team. He had my name at the beginning of the call, which is fine considering I use a fake name on the phones plus I have no liability whatsoever to his claim (had to sign paperwork to use the diff name).

Sure, good luck with that one buddy. You have a better chance getting a free replacement for a water-damaged KRZR after 1 months of new service. Seriously, you do. 😈
krickt

Jan 8, 2007, 11:14 AM
I had a customer who wanted to know why his bill was so high, and why he was charged roaming in Calgary, since he has a national no roaming plan. I had to explain to him twice, that despite appearances Canada is not in the USA. He said, and I quote, "Well, when is Canada going to be part of the nationwide plan?"
😳
I said, it's a whole other country, like Mexico, and England, it's never going to be part of our "nationwide" plan, since it isn't part of our nation.

He went on and on about how Mexico and Canada were going to be part of the USA before the end of the decade.....Geeze...
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 2:51 PM
🤣 He probably still thinks the world is flat, too.
kiosk_hell

Jan 8, 2007, 11:58 AM
Oh my god, once we had a kid--well, he was at least 21 but was developmentally delayed in some way--who got a phone for himself and his dad. After a couple of months, he started getting outrageous bills and brought his crazy mother in to yell at us because he was being charged for long distance on a nationwide plan. After a call to care to sort it out, I had the pleasure of telling this screeching lady that her son was calling adult chat lines based in Granada (hence the LD). The calls were only a few seconds long, so I'm guessing he was calling, thinking it was free, and then hanging up when they got to the billing part. There were at least 20 calls in a row on several occasions. Thank god, they moved outside of coverage and cancelled...
craptacularwireless

Jan 8, 2007, 2:52 PM
At least we know he's not a one pump chump.
frankiewawa

Jan 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
I just had a guy tell me he was going to contact the attorney general because we didn't have a 800 toll free number. And he was going to have, whoever is behind this, put in jail. Sure thing old man. You keep thinking that.... 🤣
krickt

Jan 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
That's funny, I don't care who ya are!

People have been spoiled with these 800 numbers. It's a courtesy that we have them, not a federal requirement. Geez.
frankiewawa

Jan 8, 2007, 12:50 PM
yeah thats what I told him... but he insisted that there was some sort of law requirement, forcing us to have an 800 number. Kinda funny. 🤣
sweetsoprano

Jan 8, 2007, 1:54 PM
Yeah, I would have laughed him right off the line.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.