Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

No... nope, still doesn't make a difference.

Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 2:16 PM
Honestly sir, if you say "Oh, I thought it was just a cable." repeatedly it's not going to change the fact that we sell a 'data kit' which includes a cable and the software to run the driver for the phone on your computer. Even if we sold the cable by itself it would do you exactly zero good because your computer would go "oh, lookie, something new hooked up, ok, nope, I don't have the drivers, I have no idea what that is... please give me the software to make this work..."

Seriously, this guy kept going "Oh, I thought it was just a cable." and I would say "No, Sir, it's a cable and the software for the computer as well. We don't have just a cable." like five times. Saying that won't magically make the cable cost less.
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 2:20 PM
I like how customers always think that if they tell you their stupid ideas or preconceived notions on the matter it will suddenly change and they'll get their way. It doesn't matter how much they "think" it works differently, the phone/computer/game/whatever else isn't going to just change the way it functions for them.
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 2:36 PM
What about the ones who think they just need a cable to transfer ringers or sync the phonebook from their sanyo 8200. They just don't get it. They think their computer should just "know" how to interact with their phone.

It's the same people who say "Blue Tooth" (2 words) like its some kind of Viking Dental Hygiene concern.
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 2:46 PM
Or say "I need to get a Blue Tooth." And leave it there.

"Oh, you need to purchase a Bluetooth headset for your phone?"
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 3:02 PM
Yeah I hate that, they call in and they're like "I can't use my Blue tooth with my phone" and I'm like what happens when you try to use the headset and they say "It's not a headset it's a Blue Tooth"

And without fail, its always because they don't know how to put the headset into pairing mode and instead of looking at piece of paper or manual that came with the headset, they call in and expect us to look all over creation and google for the online owner's guide to tell them how to pair the headset. ๐Ÿคจ
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 3:06 PM
Yeah, everyone wants us to set the Bluetooth headsets up for them. I explain that there are instructions and it's as simple as turning Bluetooth on in the phone settings, searching for a device, and holding a button down for a few seconds on the headset. Without fail, they just stare blankly and say "Can you just do it for me?"

I hate how completely dependent people are when it comes to this stuff. No one is self-sufficient anymore and everyone just expects everyone else to do everything for them.

I've resorted to telling people that they aren't charged and they have to be fully charged to pair them up. I let them know if they can't figure it out they can bring it in later but there's nothing I can do in the store at the time of pu...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 3:21 PM
That's apparently why my boyfriend keeps me around... tech support... and body heat.
sweetsoprano

Jan 8, 2007, 8:11 AM
I will say this as a newly minted BigPink customer...reading these threads has made me a MUCH better cell phone customer. ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.