Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

what are the best analogies?

monkeyracer

Jan 5, 2007, 9:13 PM
All the time customers come in with excuses like:

But I've been with the company for xx years!
[[How long have you been shopping at (insert grocery store or gas station) for? I'm sure a lot longer, but they don't give any special deals.]]

or

There's a warranty on it right? (liquid damage)
[[Your car has a warranty, but if you drive it into a lake, they won't fix it for free, that's what insurance is for.''

or

I have insurance, so why can't I get one now?
[[Your car has insurance, but if it's stolen you can't go to (insert car manufacturer's name) and get a new car that day, you have to go through the insurance, they might even give you something to use in the mean time.]]

or

It was broken for twenty days, can i get ...
(continues)
SatansQueen

Jan 5, 2007, 11:19 PM
Why do I have to pay for my service one month in advance?

When you buy groceries, don't you pay for them before you eat them?
krickt

Jan 6, 2007, 10:10 AM
That one is easy. When you have the electricity, gas, cable, dsl, whatever turned on at your house, you paid the same thing, a month in advance and maybe, a prorated first month, maybe the entire first month. Almost every (I say almost because there might be one out there I don't know about) service company does the same thing. It's what we have to do to insure that we are paid for at least the activation it costs to set you up in case you cancel early.
monkeyracer

Jan 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
Wait, you have to pay for things before you use them!!! no way!

I hate this one, customers make no sense when it comes to cell phones.
jalanjalaning

Jan 6, 2007, 10:25 AM
those are pretty close to what i use...
when people get upset that they can't get a new phone sooner than their 2 year upgrade i get really annoyed...
say there was a computer company where you could buy a computer on a two year contract for their internet service and you could upgrade your computer in 2 years... that's would be awesome! Cell phone companies actually offer this when no other industry (that i know of) does... so don't bark at me because the razr you got in september sucks... as far as i'm concerned having an equipment upgrade at all is awesome.
monkeyracer

Jan 7, 2007, 11:09 AM
I just try to tell people that they received a discount that takes two years for us to regain, and if in less time you want another discount, we can't, because you haven't fully paid the first discount yet. (sprint allows a half discount in half the time, so we'll still give you something for it.)

Customers ask why they can't get a prorated amount off the phone.
I tell them it would be too complicated to price phones that way, and you'd still be paying almost full price because you just got your phone three months ago. If we did it that way, you'd get a $6.25 discount per month, so you'd only be saving $18.75 anyways.
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 12:19 PM
Note that this phrase is only used after a customer has given me a thousand excuses as to why they're a "special" reason we should bend the rules to make them happy.

You know sir/ma'am, you've got more excuses than a battered woman.
TMoGuy

Jan 7, 2007, 12:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! 😳
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 2:45 PM
OMG 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.