Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Well I'm glad that you're sorry!

southtexrep

Dec 26, 2006, 6:41 PM
This lady had overages (in the $30-$50 range) the last 3-4 months, and just realized she'd been paying higher bills. I was feeling good, feeling nice, you know, just ate lunch, 2 hours to go..so I'm thinking maybe I'll offer a courtesy credit and offer a higher plan so she can stop going over. But before I could help with anything, the customer freaks out...and you know the rest. She gives me the whole spill about evil corporations, and how we are raping her (yes she said that), and she hates us so much she will be cancelling at the end of contract (sometime in '08 by the way) and she sounds very upset, high pitched voice, like almost gonna cry upset. At this point I just want to end the call and move on, but still be good to pass QA, so ...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Dec 26, 2006, 7:30 PM
oh please, when someone who is at work says that they are sorry they mean that they are sorry that they are still having to deal with your problem. this goes for anything; retail, food service, insurance, maybe even surgeons... that should be common knowledge.

she told you "that's what you get!" like her overage and the company's policy about the overages have anything to do with you...

my universal hatred for all people continues.
jrtool

Dec 26, 2006, 8:08 PM
jalanjalaning said:
... they mean that they are sorry that they are still having to deal with your problem...

my universal hatred for all people continues.

I second that 😁
katrina

Dec 27, 2006, 2:40 PM
I think some customers expect reps to feel like they are breaking up with them when they say they are leaving to go to Verizon lol so they will say "no, come back baby, we will change, we will give you unlimited minutes for free, I promise"
southtexrep

Dec 27, 2006, 3:08 PM
That was a good one =) thanks for the laugh
jestcuzzgrl

Dec 26, 2006, 9:46 PM
Thats the worse thing to do laugh at a cust
I have done it before 🤣
sweetsoprano

Dec 27, 2006, 8:38 AM
jestcuzzgrl said:
Thats the worse thing to do laugh at a cust
I have done it before 🤣

I have also...with the mute button on of course...better hope that wasn't QA'd.... 😁
crystal

Dec 27, 2006, 2:59 PM
awww. cute.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.