Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Vultures

kiosk_hell

Dec 26, 2006, 9:01 AM
It ought to be illegal to make your employees work at 7:30 am the day after Christmas. I seriously doubt we'll do any business today, other than a few returns. Of course, the vultures are already circling around the other stores. The mall doesn't open for three minutes but they've been here since I got here...there are two grown a$$ women standing with their fingers hooked in the security gates of the GAP, like they want to be the first ones in the store in case of a stampede. Except they're the only customers I've seen in this end of the mall.

LOL, the GAP just lifted their gates and these women actually ducked under as they were rising and ran into the store. Crazy!
J0hnnyM

Dec 26, 2006, 9:03 AM
I had the same thoughts this morning.

Isn't there some law SOMEWHERE that says we shouldn't have to work this damn early in the winter?

It's FREEZING outside here yet we have to wake up before, BEFORE, the crack of dawn and be at the mall so that these vultures can roam around and raise hell. And not buy anything.

Seriously, of all the people I see right now...

there is one person with a bag in her hand.
the6357

Dec 26, 2006, 9:11 AM
haha kewl 😁
im working at 7 a.m. too T_T
it's very quiet...
kiosk_hell

Dec 26, 2006, 9:18 AM
Aargh! As soon as I turned on my lights, these two dingbats came up to ask about a transfer of liability. One girl was polite but the other kept interrupting me every three seconds to ask questions about her plan. Finally I had to say, "I DON'T KNOW, you haven't even given me a chance to access your account yet!" I really don't think her friend wanted to do the transfer, because she would actually end up paying more in the long run. Funny, because the annoying girl was the one with a lower credit class and she actually asked me what would happen if the other girl tried to screw her on the bill. I told her that would be her issue to deal with, since she is ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY for the other girl's line of service. Dear god when will this ...
(continues)
J0hnnyM

Dec 26, 2006, 9:30 AM
I've learned that people don't mind so much if you talk straight with them.

I had a customer come in on Christmas eve, this is how it went down:

me: "hey how's it going?"

him: "hi"

me: "looking for anything tongiht?"

him: "nope, nothing" (as he's looking at the phones)

me: *laffs* "so you're here on Christmas eve, at almost close, and you're looking for nothing??!"

him: *fires a dirty look at me and leaves*

me: *doesn't care*

well, I guess that's not a good example.
StoreLead

Dec 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
omg... that's awesome!

🤣 🤣 🤣

*wipes tear*

🤣
SuperSerge76

Dec 26, 2006, 10:12 AM
See, I just opened my doors at 7am. And just as I predicted, no one in the mall. except for me and security. I'm actually the only o0ne that opened at 7 am on the dot.

And I think it's written down somewhere that we shouldn't be at work before the d@mn sun is up
J0hnnyM

Dec 26, 2006, 10:16 AM
We have mall walkers.
I hate mall walkers.

No, I will not tell you the time.
No, I am not having a good morning.
No, I do not know when Sprint and Nextel will merge.
No, no, no, no, no!
SuperSerge76

Dec 26, 2006, 10:21 AM
haha. This just happened-

Mall WAlker (MW)- GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

Me- Argh....

MW- You know, when morning people say hi to other morning people, they expect a good morning in return!

Me- *glaring with the fury of 1000 suns* Argh... Good morning...
romeowhiskey

Dec 26, 2006, 10:27 AM
all mall walkers should be shot and pi$$ed on, sometimes not in that order. especially if they are in a cheery mood before the crack of noon.
SuperSerge76

Dec 26, 2006, 10:30 AM
Honestly... I hate mall walkers more than I hate a 7 year old kid who pukes in my store, thus killing my sale...

I think I'm gonna set up booby traps around my store for the mall walkers
kiosk_hell

Dec 26, 2006, 10:59 AM
I don't mind most of the mall walkers because they don't usually stop to talk. A few elderly couples will wave or say hi, but they don't stop to bother me. It's the shoppers who think I'm mall customer service that make me stabby. "When do all the stores open? Why aren't they open if you are?!?!?" Actually, genius, I'm not. As is made apparent by the fact that my lights are still off and I'm attempting to count money while you waste my time!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.