Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Don't You Just Hate it When.....

romeowhiskey

Dec 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
You are talking to a customer who sounds like they are in a tin can, and then you hear the toilet flush....

they decide to vacuum while going over acct..

What are your Pet Peves when you are dealing with our wireless Customers??
Hayate

Dec 19, 2006, 12:42 PM
When answering the phone:

M - Thank you for calling Cingular, this is _____, how can I help you?

C - Oh, hold on a minute... (to someone in another part of their house) HEY! I HAVE THE GUY ON THE LINE!! WHAT DID YOU WANT TO ASK!?

I generally hang up on these people and let them call back when they're ready to actually talk.
M - Thank you for calling Cingular, this is _____, how can I help you?

C - Ummm....is this Cingular?

OR

C - Who is this?

If you were paying attention to the thing I said when I answered the phone, you would already have this information. And if you dialed Cingular, you shouldn't have to ask if this is Cingular.
M - Thank you for calling Cingular, this is _____, how ca...
(continues)
romeowhiskey

Dec 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
or when you answer they are too busy talking to someone else they don't know you are there.
Hayate

Dec 19, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah, good point. That is really annoying too.
sweetsoprano

Dec 19, 2006, 1:00 PM
Oh my goodness, there are few things I hate more than adults who make their child make phone calls that they themselves should be making! πŸ‘Ώ That is the height of laziness.
Hayate

Dec 19, 2006, 1:02 PM
Dude...try working at a video game store. That was 75% of our phone calls. And the kids never know what you're saying to them because they're too young and don't understand so when you hear them relaying the message it's totally different from what you actually said. Quite frustrating.
J0hnnyM

Dec 20, 2006, 10:16 AM
lol.

I used to work at EB....I know what you mean.

I've dealt with some 8 year olds that are MUCH more intelligent than most adults we deal with everyday.

I love those moments.
raycarroll70

Dec 19, 2006, 3:11 PM
LOL! I just wish everyone in the house would just get on a phone extension for a call like that.

Dec 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
Ex:
ME:Thanks for calling ___________,where we offer minutes without limits, this is _____, how can I help you?

C:Yea why you calling my phone?

ME😁id you recently come in our store?

C:yea earlier today

ME: Most likely we made a test call on your phone to make sure your service was working.

C😲h well, i thought someone was calling my bf/gf I thinks there cheatin.

LOL
romeowhiskey

Dec 19, 2006, 1:10 PM
on that note... i hate it when a spouse calls and askes to have the dvc gps located to find out if they are cheating..and after i tell them that the gps in their phone is only used by e911 they freak and ask to have the last numbers dialed read out to them.

if i'm in a foul mood i usually make up numbers, and tell them a few steamy fake text msgs.
If you are in Doubt, hire a P.I, f**k off and leave us alone.
biznass

Dec 19, 2006, 6:09 PM
🀭 😲 🀨 😎 🀣 πŸ˜› πŸ‘Ώ πŸ˜‰
sweetsoprano

Dec 19, 2006, 1:13 PM
Oh, and I REALLY hate it when a customer, or anyone for that matter, is eating while talking to me...especially when they called me. Finish your hoagie or whatever, and then call me back. I really don't want to hear you smacking and burping in my ear, thanks.
jalanjalaning

Dec 19, 2006, 1:16 PM
but as a person working (and on the phone) you are supposed to be faceless nonhuman nothing with out feelings so no one should have any consideration for you.

don't you want to ask rude people where they work so you can treat them poorly while they're at work... that would be great...
Hayate

Dec 19, 2006, 1:20 PM
When I worked at a privately owned video game store in Phoenix, the owner would do something similar with people who asked for discounts. He would say ok and mark the game down for them and then ask where they worked. When they told him he would reply with "OK, well when I need _____ I'll be sure to come see you and get a discount on that product/service." The people would always get really flustered by this. I hated that owner but that one particular thing was really funny to watch every time ^_^
army_hellion1

Dec 19, 2006, 2:35 PM
Yeah or when the lady from Chicago (who thinks the city is the state name and not a city in IL) calls in while the Radio and TV are blasting and ten diffrent kids are screaming in the background and she wants to know why her speaker volume on her phone is so quiet.
Nikoletta

Dec 19, 2006, 5:26 PM
Yep, screaming, out of control kids and loud noise in the background make me batty.

It's usually (not always but usually) a sign of bad credit too, honestly, if there are screaming kids in the background because if they can't be bothered to keep their kids under control or pay enough attention to their kids that the children don't feel the need to scream for attention then they probably aren't paying much attention to their finances either.

I also simply LOVE it when there are other adults in the background cursing and yelling...

And of course the ones where they have somebody who can hear what you're saying but is standing next to the customer coaching them on what to say "You want a Sidekick 3" "Yeah, you want the data package." ...
(continues)
dreamerr1123

Dec 19, 2006, 3:48 PM
Customer walks up to the kiosk and starts looking at phones in the display case. My manager turns around, greets the potential customer and asks him if has any questions. The customer replies that he does not, walks around the kiosk (while my manager quietly counts down from 5) and 4.5 seconds later he asks me for help with his sprint phone (we're Verizon) and ends up porting in his number, signing a 2 yr contract and buying a Chocolate. Maybe it is my luck, maybe customers should learn to read, maybe i should bring a baseball bat to work to help ease the plague of stupid customers. Maybe i should just keep paying for my house with their poorly spent money. (he really needed the speaker phone option, but wasn't interested so much in vid...
(continues)
biznass

Dec 19, 2006, 6:08 PM
I hate when people walk in while talking on the phone and then look annoyed when you ask them if you can help them. I usually ignore them.
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Dec 20, 2006, 10:57 AM
how about when you're in the middle of your sales pitch when they have a call they "Have to take" and run outside. After their call that apparently saved civilization as we know it, they have the audacity to be mad when you help another customer!

Or when they walk away from you while you're mid-sentence. That one boils me up too!
cilvzwagent

Dec 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
Customer service/tech support reps go to put you on hold for a "short 2-3 minute silent hold" then about 20 minutes later they come on the line........is it seriously THAT hard to pop on the line once in a while to give us an update so we know you didn't up and decide to go home or out for lunch?

I also hate the customer service/tech support reps that while reviewing the account are drumming up a completely different conversation with the rep sitting next to them about random stuff...I don't care what color your baby's diaper was last night. Contrare to popular belief, I'd much rather take care of this customers issue.
sweetsoprano

Dec 20, 2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that's what the "mute" button is for...I wish more people would use it when engaging in extraneous conversation...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.