Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

You know you sell cellular when.....

chainsaw

Dec 17, 2006, 6:15 AM
"Your children call you unlce/aunt ***** because you only see them once a month"

"You recognize the model number and the carrier of a cell phone from 200 yards away"

"You can drink your friends under the table every day."
Willwise

Dec 17, 2006, 12:13 PM
the words "I need to talk to somebody about my phone" make you want to throw up

the ability to tell if a customer is headed for your store/kiosk just by the quality of their cloths
my best friend Jack

Dec 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
or when you get introduced to a friend as the guy that works for verizon...

then you get a million questions about their phones cause they bought them online and don't know how to use them
shoelace_510

Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 PM
Or when you get the old: "Hey I don't know you but you know stuff about cell phones right?"

Or my favorite; "Hi. My name is ___. Ok...so I am having troubles with my phone..."

LOL what a wonderful business!
dreamerr1123

Dec 17, 2006, 7:57 PM
-morning mocha while waiting for your manager to arrive and open up: $3.75

-breakfast from Burger King with mall discount: $4.81

-lunch from Subway with mall discount $5.12

-supper from Osaka, Japanese Cuisine with mall discount $6.48

-smoking 1942 cigarettes during your shift: $388.40

-professional diet/exercise plan from eating wayyy to much mall food: $341.00/mo

-psychologist bill to help deal with the nightmares of zombie customers talking on carnivorous cell phones with teeth: $3496.00

-alcohol bill to take care of stress of dealing with cell phone customers while waiting to see your psychologist: can't remember

-working 4 open to close shifts, back to back during holiday season and on payday finding out that aft...
(continues)
crystal

Dec 27, 2006, 1:13 PM
/bump

for being a hilarious thread.
Nikoletta

Dec 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
Oh god... and I do recognize the make and model and carrier of a phone from 200 yards away. I actually try to guess from further!
raycarroll70

Dec 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Your ears perk up when you hear the distinctive tone of a Nextel phone keying up.

You can name the manufacturer of a wireless device based on the default ring tone sound.

You hear the phrase "Can you hear me now?" you look around for the Test Drive Man.

Harry Connick Jr.'s voice makes you break out in a cold sweat. Yes, we get it.

All your contacts are no where else except your wireless phone.

Someone asks you the type of RAZR you use, you reply a V3m.
SatansQueen

Dec 17, 2006, 4:11 PM
I don't sell wireless service, I do ATS, but so many of those apply to me. I am so glad to know other people sympathize.
jareddude42

Dec 17, 2006, 4:17 PM
or when you can tell if it your customer by the sound of the cars. unless they are driving a benz or bmw or high dollar car then you just know they are gonna wanna hustle a deal out of you. dang tightwads
raycarroll70

Dec 17, 2006, 4:29 PM
The Shop forum of Phone scoop SatansQueen is geared for employees in the wireless service field. What is ATS?
qtgirl_78

Dec 17, 2006, 4:34 PM
I'm gonna make a wild guess...Advanced Technical Support...for a wireless carrier...so she qualifies. you don't have to report her to the moderators!! Since that's what you do best! 🤣 moron... 🙄
Hayate

Dec 17, 2006, 6:21 PM
Wow, Ray is a freaking douche. He should be banned from Phone Scoop just on principle.
SatansQueen

Dec 17, 2006, 6:27 PM
🤣
raycarroll70

Dec 18, 2006, 9:19 AM
Shop Talk is open to anyone who works in the wireless industry. LOL! I just was curious what ATS stood for as I've never heard the term before now. The only thing I report to Eric and Rich is blatant violations of the forum T&Cs.
SatansQueen

Dec 17, 2006, 6:13 PM
I am Advanced Tech Support for Sprint. Its cool, I guess I should have been specific 😛
raycarroll70

Dec 17, 2006, 7:34 PM
Sweet! Now I know who I can get in touch with regaurding PowerSource and REV A 411. LOL!
Hayate

Dec 17, 2006, 7:35 PM
Good thing you didn't report her to the moderators like you were going to. Douche bag.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.