Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Toilet Phone

Lord_Gawkerbane

Aug 26, 2004, 5:01 PM
So this morning I had three people waiting for me while I was doing an activation. After I was done, the first two wanted prepaid cards. The third said, "I have a problem," as he reached into his pocket. Never a good sign.

He explained how he needs his phone for work to get service calls. That's two bad signs. He's not going to take anything but exactly what he wants for an answer.

Then he tells me he dropped his phone, that's now in his hand, in the toilet. Blech! He said he dried it out for a couple days and it was working but then it started doing "this," as he showed me the display showing "Inster SIM Card." Lovely.

I decide that I should probably do the right thing, albeit the rather disgusting one, by opening up his ph...
(continues)
justpeachy

Aug 26, 2004, 7:50 PM
I had a customer last week who also dropped his phone in the toilet, while he was drunk, of course. I ask him if he has insurance. "I dunno." OK, well then I ask when his contract is up, maybe he's due for a renewal... "I dunno." So I pull up his account, and he just got it TWO WEEKS AGO. and he didn't know when his contract was up. 😳
cellphone gurl

Aug 26, 2004, 10:10 PM
I had a customer who called care once because he lost his phone in a lake. he was working or something and he said he was standing by the lake he slipped on some moss and his phone fell in the water. I started laughing about it when he told me that. I couldn't help it. I appoligized for laughing and I just told him I was picturing it and it was too funny. he was really good about it.
Airwar

Sep 6, 2004, 11:48 PM
If I could prove it, I would be willing to bet a honest week's pay that everyone who claimed they dropped their phone in a lake or swimming pool, in all actuallity it was a toilet and they were drunk. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, ----Almost 🤣
Correction

Aug 6, 2005, 9:23 PM
patient
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 12:29 PM
our trainer told us in class that the number one call he got from people with water damage came from people dropping them in the toilet... i woulda guessed the pool.
BowWowWow

Aug 27, 2004, 12:54 PM
Nope. Number 1 cause of phone damage, period, is the phone-toilet interface. Number 2 - putting phone on top of car & driving away, or driving over the handset.
Mobile-El

Aug 27, 2004, 1:13 PM
I thought the top of the car was reserved for the coffee mug, I do that one sometimes. I've lost a phone to a hottub, but never the toilet. Is no place safe from the phone?
dakz

Aug 29, 2004, 8:09 AM
My wife once dropped hers into her mop bucket while she was cleaning the dinning room floor. The strangest destroyed phone I heard of so far was a guy that called in saying his great dane ate the phone. I kept thinking, and laughing at the same time, of the VZW test man saying "Can you hear me now?" from inside of the dog.
2Rails

Sep 3, 2004, 1:05 PM
my best friend, his girlfriend, and my sister all dropped phones in toilets within 2 weeks of each other, and all because the phone on a belt clip hit the edge of the sink. i've had a woman whose st bernard chewed the hell out of one, a lady whose baby had been sucking on her phone, a guy's phone that went into the garbage disposal (which his wife then turned on) and one guy's phone that 'somehow' fell into a wood chipper. i've personally lost 2 different motorolas to my hot tub, one on new year's eve one on my birthday... oops 😕
CDGIII

Sep 3, 2004, 1:32 PM
I'm sure we've all done some pretty stupipd things while in drunken stupors.
tjsgurl2004

Sep 3, 2004, 4:54 PM
Don't you feel sorry for those of us who can't blame drunken stupors? 🤭
CDGIII

Sep 7, 2004, 5:33 PM
In more ways than you know.
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 11:41 AM
now that was funny, i probably would have made him take everything out of the phone and just walked him through it. i'm not paid to be exposed to biohazard
BrianJ

Sep 1, 2004, 11:12 AM
I opened a phone up for customer who told me that he dropped it in a snowbank. When I opened it up - it was very obvious that what was in the phone was not snow. I brought the disassembled phone out and put it in the customers hands with the "brown liquid" still very present. I asked him what it really fell into and he insisted it was just snow. Basically I refused to put the phone back together until he admitted what it was. He never did admit it to me - but he did admit it later to a girl that worked for us that he kept asking out. Needless to say - he never got that phone to work again, and he probably won't be getting any favors from me again.
tjsgurl2004

Sep 1, 2004, 12:05 PM
😕 I hope you wore gloves!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.