Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Why do you need to see my drivers licens to accept my check???

stevelvl

Dec 10, 2006, 5:29 PM
Why on earth do you get upset when some one asks to see your drivers licence when you right a check??? are you mad because you can no longer write me a frodulant check? and why do you write me a check when your debit card is declinned?!
vivalasvegas

Dec 10, 2006, 5:31 PM
And why would you take a check from someone when their debit card is denied? 🤣
hallster00

Dec 10, 2006, 7:49 PM
LOL i had a lady just today try to pay with her giant food bonus buy card. i told her we only take MC and visa and she got all pissy and gave me a debit card that had definately seen better days and my machine couldn't read it. Finally she gave in and gave me cash but was $10 short. I asked about it and she said i counted wrong. I gave it back to her and had her count it and sure enough, 10 short. by this time i am ready to power bomb her on the kiosk. Finally she says " you f***ing people are all alike and stalks away, leaving her lisence behind. I gave it to mall security and they took it to lost and found. Lady comes back 5 minutes later asking for it. Wow, was she pissed!!!! i just smiled and told her to take it up with securi...
(continues)
katrina

Dec 11, 2006, 3:53 PM
ROFL this is classic
cilvzwagent

Dec 12, 2006, 5:35 PM
Well.......like me for instance... I write checks out of my separate account, and use my debit card out of the joint account with my husband. If one doesn't work, I use the other. Been there, done that......
craptacularwireless

Dec 11, 2006, 3:57 PM
I would immediately refuse service to someone like that. We're only going to lose money, anyway. You know that's a potential fraud.
spidermon

Dec 12, 2006, 4:45 PM
We have to run the check to see if there is funds on the account i deny checks all the time. 😎
cilvzwagent

Dec 12, 2006, 5:37 PM
We don't have a machine to verify funds on a check. If someone presents me with a check for more than $400, I call the bank to verify it. In the almost 2 years we've been open, we've only had 2 checks come back to us with insufficient funds..and both customers paid us cash to replace them.
mike1113

Dec 12, 2006, 5:32 PM
😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.