Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I gotta ask this......(kinda long)

cilvzwagent

Dec 5, 2006, 4:06 PM
How many of the VZW agents or even corporate store locations deal with this.......

We constantly, if not Daily, it's very close to it...get (mostly elderly)landline customers in store. When we tell them we have NOTHING to do with the landline, that we only handle the wireless side of things, they look at you like you've just ran over their dog.......twice....... then proceed to tell you their problems anyways. Then you explain to them ONE MORE TIME, "I have nothing to do with that, you will need to contact the customer service group with your landline company to get proper assistance" then one more time they ask for your help.

I just had a very nice older guy in here. He had with him 2 bills...one Verizon Landline, one MCI long dist...
(continues)
smorris

Dec 5, 2006, 4:09 PM
It's like Bellsouth customers coming to my Cingular store wanting answers about their landline phone.

We're affiliated, not the SAME company.

Verizon Wireless is 55% Verizon, and 45% Vodafone.

So you can only help 55% of them. I'd say you aim for boobs and butt.
Sales

Dec 5, 2006, 4:36 PM
Ya I get that daily here as well in Cali
katrina

Dec 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yep, I used to get this CONSTANTLY at ATTWS :-/
"But this phone says AT&T on it... why don't you have a battery?"
"Because thats a home cordless phone. This is AT&T Wireless."
"But this phone is wireless"
"right, but it's still a wireline phone" (lol)
"so why don't you have batteries?"
argh!

or

"my at&t bill was $300 this month and I want to know why!"
"ok sir, let me bring up your account, whats your number?"
"xxx-xxx-xxxx"
"Hmmm, thats not in our system... I can try looking it up by your social"
"ok, its xxx-xx-xxxx"
"Odd, that didn't bring up anything either"
"well I have the bill right here"
"oh ok! Ummm, this is AT&T long distance bill..."
you can guess it from here...
jalanjalaning

Dec 6, 2006, 1:46 PM
yeah i get that all the time...

i recently got yelled at for not being able to help this guy with his pager. he says "look, it's got 'verizon' on it, and *points to sign* and this is vvveerrrizooonnn"

"I'm sorry sir, I don't do anything with pagers and neither does the corporate store outside. I would look on your bill to find a number you can call."

"but i bought it here."

yeah, whatever buddy, we've only been here for a year and a couple of months and have never sold pagers...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.