Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

I hate phones with names

chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:00 PM
Alright, If I get one more person coming in to my cingular store askin if weez got one'a dem chocolate/razr phones I'm going to quit. I really wish the phone companies would have stuck to model numbers instead of names like krzr, razr, slvr, rizr, chocolate, sync, blackjack, pearl, etc... People think these phones are the best phones ever made just because they have a name that they can remember. I sure hope my two fav manufacturers don't join the bandwagon. Who's with me!!
Nikoletta

Dec 2, 2006, 6:01 PM
My favorite manufacturer has, Samsung stooped to that level and named one of their new phones for us the "Trace" it's a sad day.
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:05 PM
Man we need a support group for this. I can only imagine what stupid names are going to be out soon.
Likenonother

Dec 2, 2006, 6:06 PM
Nokia is going to start using names instead of model nmbrs too. All for the people who can't remember 4 digits...geez
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:08 PM
NO!!
chocolateman85006

Dec 2, 2006, 6:11 PM
I have a Treo and a Q. I guess I'm bad, huh?
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:14 PM
Treo? What "Model" number.
chocolateman85006

Dec 2, 2006, 6:15 PM
650. Old school
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:30 PM
the new 680 is really cool.
3ntropy

Dec 2, 2006, 7:26 PM
yeah, but i think it's still edge, not 3g
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 8:34 PM
Honestly I think 3g is overrated. Edge is just fine on my nokia e50.
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 12:12 PM
I'm a fan of EV-DO.
frankiewawa

Dec 4, 2006, 1:52 PM
650 isnt that old school.
craptacularwireless

Dec 2, 2006, 6:15 PM
This trend will continue, unfortunately.
chocolateman85006

Dec 2, 2006, 6:17 PM
Yep. But if the phones work, who cares?
craptacularwireless

Dec 2, 2006, 6:25 PM
Me. I have to deal with the morons who don't know how they work. Explaining to someone how to take a picture should be something that could be taught without frustration. It doesn't always work that way. I don't know how much easier it can be: press the camera and wait for it to load; press the button again to take a picture; next, save, send, or erase. How hard is that?
chainsaw

Dec 2, 2006, 6:29 PM
Obviously it is harder than it seems. When I tell someone the the green button is to call and the red is to hang up and I relate it to traffic lights. Green for go red for stop. Then they explain to me that they don't get it still. Then I tell them they shouldn't be driving.
craptacularwireless

Dec 2, 2006, 6:32 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
I use that analogy all the time. My customers seem to get that. If I had one who didn't, I might tell them that maybe they shouldn't get a phone.
knn_dm

Dec 2, 2006, 8:55 PM
First there's the RAZR, then the Blade, then the Katana. What's next? The sword?The lightsaber? I don't know. These are getting out of control!! 😕
jrtool

Dec 2, 2006, 10:46 PM
The new (Insert favorite Manufacturer here) model should be called 'The Phone'.
Foamy

Dec 4, 2006, 10:35 AM
Motorola already made a phone called "FONE"
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 10:59 AM
You're kidding, right?
smorris

Dec 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
It's marketing, and people want what I have.

Problem here?
Nikoletta

Dec 3, 2006, 12:31 PM
You're very correct, it is marketing and it does make people want it just because they're sheep and it's something they can remember. It's the trend, sadly, and most of the new phones coming out are going to try and have names like that for them just to get the little sheepies to buy them.
CptWireless

Dec 4, 2006, 1:50 PM
Yeah, no crap. Why complain when you're going to make money off the thing. I may hate the Rzr, but, man do we sell a lot!
Hayate

Dec 4, 2006, 1:59 PM
The problem I have is that it's mainly the really crappy phones that have names and people always insist on getting them (RAZR) and then get pissed off at you when their crappy phone dies in 2 months.
sweetsoprano

Dec 4, 2006, 2:02 PM
Hayate said:
The problem I have is that it's mainly the really crappy phones that have names and people always insist on getting them (RAZR) and then get pissed off at you when their crappy phone dies in 2 months.

EXACTLY!!!! ☚ī¸ Which is why I try not to sell them, but *singing* got to give the people, give the people what they want!
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 3:16 PM
The Q is by no means a perfect phone, but it does its job.
spidermon

Dec 3, 2006, 12:30 PM
I likethe names they make thephones so much easier to sell people think because a phone has a name it is so much better my phones that dont have names I will give them names so customers like them more I call the 6133 the bandit phone and people go crazy for the bandit. đŸ¤Ŗ 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.