Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

moto Q

jalanjalaning

Nov 21, 2006, 5:39 PM
I work for a vzw agent in a mall. we sell some pdas but not a whole, whole lot. I never have more than 2 Qs or one Blackberry in stock...

Every Q we've sold in the past month has been exchanged as defective... I no longer feel ethically able to try and sell it to someone... I'm also tired of going through the daunting exchange process...

I am not any kind of Q expert (I'm a blackberry girl)... has anyone else seen a lot of defective Qs?

(as a side note i should mention one was exchanged the next day because the plastic battery door didn't press tightly enough on the back "my friend's is more secure", according to the customer, and it was easier to exchange than argue)
smorris

Nov 21, 2006, 6:47 PM
So uh... yeah... forget the Q. I sell Cingular, but use a Verizon VX6700. It craps sideways on a Q.
jalanjalaning

Nov 21, 2006, 6:55 PM
we don't carry it...

i think the owners of the company made some kind of terrible pact with Motorola which will ultimately be the death of me.

blackberries for everyone!!
smorris

Nov 21, 2006, 7:05 PM
Wow. No Samsung model's either?

The Q is the bane of my existence as a Cingular guy now. No one seems to understand that it's not THAT great. It's just a skinny PDA.

(BTW - no Treo 700w/700p's either?)
stevelvl

Nov 21, 2006, 11:19 PM
smorris said:
Wow. No Samsung model's either?

The Q is the bane of my existence as a Cingular guy now. No one seems to understand that it's not THAT great. It's just a skinny PDA.

(BTW - no Treo 700w/700p's either?)

face it size really does matter.
jalanjalaning

Nov 22, 2006, 3:19 PM
I know, the Q isn't anything special... my blackberry pearl kicked the Q's ass, and all his skinny friends...

no treos at all... i swear, man, a pact with moto...

we don't carry a single sam... only lg, moto, and nokia... i cry at night.
brentgodwin

Nov 22, 2006, 12:55 PM
I haven't had any trouble with the Q. I have sold probably 20 or of them since it was released. I exchanged one because it would access a private email server (got him a blackberry instead 😉 ). Haven't seen him since.

I have exchanged and FRU'ed way more treo's than anything recently.

The 6700 is a good one too. Cheaper than a Treo and you get more features. Wi-Fi, voice dialing. You have to download software updates to make that work on a Treo.
chocolateman85006

Dec 9, 2006, 10:40 AM
I've had 3 of them. The thrid one is a charm, i hope.
vivalasvegas

Dec 9, 2006, 2:53 PM
I have sold around 50-60 Q's and I have had 5 returned as defective. That is around 10% defective and I think that is way to high. The 6700 is the better product! Plead with your bosses to get it in 😁
chocolateman85006

Dec 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
700w beats them both!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.