Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Verizon Rant, sorry

bassplayer

Nov 15, 2006, 1:31 PM
Verizon needs to get their act together. Either decide that you want to have Agent stores or kick us the hell out! I'm tired of getting screwed all the time because Corporate stores CAN do way more crap than Agent stores, do you really want your company competing against itself? What the hell?!? I have no problem in becoming a completely Corporate owned company, but don't feed these customers all these bullsh!t answers about "no they can't do that, even though they have the Verizon logo and everything is Verizon, Verizon, Verizon, they are different. Now that you know that, good luck at finding a store that can help you!"

Just level the playing field or stop pissing all of my customers off, because I wil start telling them to sign up...
(continues)
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 1:42 PM
I feel your pain. I really do. The solution to this is to gain premier status. Then we can do EVERYTHING that corporate can. Full NE2 (our owner does NE2 on certain phones but not the full $100). FRU phones. All of it. It's hard to get to from what I hear, though. Do you know what levels you have to hit to become a premier agent?
bassplayer

Nov 15, 2006, 1:48 PM
we are now. But we still can't do full NE2. If we do give them full credit, it comes out of my pocket... way cool. FRU phones... nope. I had high hopes of all this, but now, it's the same crap, but they expect more from us. Weak.
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 1:50 PM
Well, when I talked to my VZW rep, she told me that we could do everything that corporate could. Is it maybe based on region? And what are the qualifications for premier?
bassplayer

Nov 15, 2006, 1:57 PM
that's what we were told too. We were supposed to be clones of Verizon corp. Maybe everything is still in the works, but I haven't seen anything real big, except for partial ability to do NE2. Seriously though, why wouldn't Verizon want all of the stores to be able to do everything? It's only hurting the customers and Agent stores, but mainly the customers that come into the stores only to hear no no no, when they just got told yes from a corp store. Certain things I understand like having techs at corp stores and doing the warranty claims, but come on.
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 2:06 PM
You're really not going to tell me how to become premier are you? 🤣

Side note and I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not. But I was recently informed that corporate doesn't pay its reps for upgrades anymore. Why? I have no idea, but I can see this REALLY helping out the indirect channel 😁
aavera

Nov 15, 2006, 6:07 PM
So, I work for a Verizon indirect and we just got Premier status. We are just now able to do NE2, but it is just a partial credit. I know that every thing else is in the works, and, from my understanding, it's a lengthy process to get everything up and running. The way they told us, it sounds like we get one "thing" at a time...ie NE2 first, then FRU then ... I'm not sure of the order, but that's how I understood it.
bassplayer

Nov 15, 2006, 7:01 PM
yeah that's what's happening at our store too. I just don't understand why we can give only partial of the credit the customer is owed. The way I see it, Verizon only wants me to give them half of their credit, that's all I'm giving them and I'll tell the customer that Verizon lied to them. I don't give a rip about what Verizon wants me to do if they're not going to let me do it. I'm not going hungry so their customers can be happy at my expense.
Jesslynn23

Nov 15, 2006, 6:24 PM
I have the same problem working for a sprint agent... There isnt a corporate store here infact there isnt one for two and hald hours from here.. Customer Service sends the customers that want to do transfers and phone book transfers and repairs here and we cant do any of these and when the customer comes here their pissed at us and not c.s. F those customers its not our fault c.s. is stupid and dont know the difference between a select retailer and corporate owened!!! I feel your pain.. 👿
bassplayer

Nov 15, 2006, 7:03 PM
I've actually turned someone out of my store who is now planning on changing service providers because I told them that Verizon is working against them. Everyone that comes in pissed that we can't do anything, I just agree with them, agree with how lousy the program is, and tell them to call customer care and complain to them because they are working against us to. It's awesome.
krickt

Nov 16, 2006, 2:26 PM
I'm so happy we don't have Verizon around here. (rumors are that it's coming) I'm also very happy that I don't sell for them. Dang!
smorris

Nov 16, 2006, 2:43 PM
Oklahoma City is the only major metro area that Verizon doesn't have a prescence.

It's an odd little situation that is... Verizon Wireless.

They make phone service, "Our way. Damnit."

Really constrictive.
krickt

Nov 16, 2006, 2:49 PM
Most of the State of Oklahoma cannot do Verizon. I think Tulsa can, but that is 4+ hours from here. Rumor has it that big V is coming to Lawton, but that won't affect me if they treat their agents like everyone says they do.
brentgodwin

Nov 16, 2006, 2:59 PM
I work for an agent that has 20 stores and they treat us like gold. They may say some things about how we sell some items but most of the time they just let go with the flow.
smorris

Nov 16, 2006, 3:05 PM
I worked for an Verizon Agent with about 80 stores - and we got treated like complete dirt.

Verizon is just NOT set up well for an agent network. They just got a partial NE2, and don't have a FRU program.

Verizon Agents exist solely for revenue.

Cingular Agents (like the one I work for) are built to both create and service accounts.
brentgodwin

Nov 16, 2006, 3:08 PM
We have a large repair department at our main office. I am not sure how its going to work but we (premium retailer) are going to have some FRU phones available here in my store. With the ability to get more if needed. We already offer our own Buyer's Protection Plan.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.