Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

Mixing business with pleasure? Help me out.

smorris

Nov 13, 2006, 8:27 PM
I'm a sales rep ( with the company often associated with a bright orange theme - lol), and had an interesting interaction with a customer today.

The customer was a young lady, around my age (20) - and she was really attractive. A solid 11 out of 10.

Anyhow, she came to my store, talked to me for a bit, asked the usual questions a customer asks when they're thinking about getting an upgrade etc... anyhow, it turns out she can't upgrade for another 5 weeks.

I was wrapping up with her, and I gave her a business card - told her to come by the store in a few weeks - did my usual pitch to hope to get someone back etc. Anyway, as she's about to leave, she asks if my cell phone number is on my card. I said, "The store number is on th...
(continues)
CptWireless

Nov 13, 2006, 8:35 PM
"What do you mean I can't get a free phone!? We've been dating for FIVE WEEKS!" 😳
xmatt02x

Nov 13, 2006, 8:37 PM
hahaha
smorris

Nov 13, 2006, 8:38 PM
I can see this coming.
raycarroll70

Nov 22, 2006, 2:19 PM
Go smorris. Go smorris. Go smorris. It's your birthday. We're going to party up like it's your birtday!
switchy85

Nov 13, 2006, 8:52 PM
I don't think you can actually get in trouble for this, but it could turn ugly. But then you also have to think: she's hot as hell. What are the chances of you gettin some? If they're good, I say go for it! 😈 And you never know, she may be a great person and you guys fall in love and all that sh**.
chainsaw

Nov 13, 2006, 8:56 PM
One of my friend met his GF of four years selling her a phone. They seem happy. Its probably no different than meeting a girl anywhere else.
biznass

Nov 13, 2006, 9:30 PM
Go for it. You never know what will happen. My parents met fishing.
ralph_on_me

Nov 13, 2006, 9:40 PM
You can't get in trouble if she tells the truth, but there's always the chance she'll say you just "gave" her your number and then you hit on her.

Take it slow until you're sure she's not crazy. I definitely wouldn't hang out with her alone until then. You need witnesses.
not2brite

Nov 14, 2006, 12:08 AM
So if you go by this standard, no female with a Ringular (name changed to protect the innocent)phone is eligible for you to see?

If you worked in a grocery store, anyone that walked in and bought something would be off limits?

If you were a priest and there was this altar boy...oh wait, wrong...

As long as you are aware of whats at stake, what's the problem, especially if she's
dee-licious!

Just be smart, as you should with any other girl. Keep you head in the game and everything will be fine!
stevelvl

Nov 14, 2006, 10:33 AM
old chines proverb

never poop where you sleep.

even my dog undersands that.
not2brite

Nov 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
I did say be smart, as with ANY girl...

I don't think he wants to date your dog.
stevelvl

Nov 14, 2006, 11:01 AM
i donno my dog has a way of driveing the other man dogs crazy.
not2brite

Nov 14, 2006, 11:02 AM
Must be one hot bee-yacht!!!
stevelvl

Nov 14, 2006, 11:04 AM
not2brite said:
Must be one hot bee-yacht!!!

no she is fixed.
not2brite

Nov 14, 2006, 11:09 AM
smorris woud probably like that even more...he won't hav e t worry about puppies!
msutela

Nov 22, 2006, 2:12 PM
I thought it was don't dip you pen in company Ink?
WhoDey

Nov 14, 2006, 8:56 AM
So.. hot as hell
Hit on YOU
Asks you over to her place to drink and party.

I smell IDB!!!

P.S. Take pics and share.
lmao

Nov 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
On the flip side.
My co-worker (female) met a guy at work.. Hung out for several weeks dating. One night when he was supposed to be spending the night, he stole her and her roommates purses. Now she's having to go to court.
Sometimes you never really know someone.
AG050

Nov 14, 2006, 10:42 AM
My sales rep just married a girl he met while doing an upgrade for her.

😁
Likenonother

Nov 14, 2006, 11:18 AM
First and foremost, u can meet crazy people anywhere. They are going to be crazy whether u date them or not. There is no difference between meeting someone at work, at the gas station, thru friends, online, etc. U only know what people want u to know about them regardless of how long u've known them. One person said it right, use the art of discernment, take ur time, and use good judgement before being alone with ANY person u meet ANYwhere
3ntropy

Nov 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
first of all, someone wants to brag a little. secondly, i think this job is the best way to really see a person's true colors...if she was cool when you told her she has 5 weeks left, and didn't pitch a fit, then maybe she's a keeper. and again post pics 😁
kapwww

Nov 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
1. Have had several co-workers meet their BF/GF on the job

2. Have had several co-workers HOOK UP WITH hot chick customers WHILE ON THE JOB. By Hook up with...I mean...went in the back room or office and did the deed. I'm not crazy enough to do that myself, but to each his or her own.
CellularHadoken

Nov 14, 2006, 2:05 PM
I say get it man. Dont hold back cause of the job. When was the last time your job gave you some head? 😉
crystal

Nov 14, 2006, 3:29 PM
i'm still waiting for the hot guy with australian accent to walk through our door and hit on me.

i'm getting married, but harmless flirting is alright i guess.

come on aussies!
spidermon

Nov 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
Dont worry girl I am sure Hugh Jackman will come walking through those doors any day now and if not well I can do a australian accent and dont look to bad. 😎

Also this is a great topic but I am curious to here from more of our lady phonescoopers on the subject.
smorris

Nov 14, 2006, 3:44 PM
I called her back last night, and played the card I usually play. I told her I was busy (I wasn't.), but I'd hang out with her tonight.

I also made sure that it wasn't going to be just her and me, because that would have been a bit odd for a first time chillin' out with someone.

The good news is that she didn't seem to mind. In fact, I think this card works out for the better. That way she knows that I'm slightly "unavailible", which in my practice seems to have worked well for me in the past.

Thanks for the feedback folks.
lavrnius maximus

Nov 14, 2006, 4:43 PM
hit it up bro what's the worst that can happen you'll have to use up one of your employee lines?
T-MoTucson

Nov 15, 2006, 2:18 AM
but we work selling cell phones. It's not like we're high powered hotshots commanding all the respect. If a hot girl wants to start something then you go with it. I mean you got to ask yourself, "If she's that hot, how ugly can it turn out?"

And if you can't get her the free phone, you just send her over here and I'll see what I can do!
lavrnius maximus

Nov 15, 2006, 8:10 PM
yeah me to i got a line to spare
smorris

Nov 15, 2006, 8:16 PM
Ahahaha - we all got lines to spare!
PhoneHero

Nov 16, 2006, 8:27 PM
i had a customer, cute short women (roughly 7 years older than me 😕 ) we talked, wanted to transfer picture without upgrading. Didn't get the sale, but from the moment i saw her i was in-love, and thus, i didn't think i'd see her again, she came again and i found out she worked at the mall. i would pass by and exchange words, a little flirting, made me fell more and more for her. she then finally asked me to go with her on her birthday. 8 months later i couldn't be happier, and planning on moving in togerther, and considering to propose to her later on.

Love can come anywhere, so if you got the opportunity then go for it. You never know where it can get you.

P.S.
2 weeks after we met she upgraded with my co-worker, dirty whore :evil...
(continues)
msutela

Nov 22, 2006, 2:13 PM
Get a room you two. 🤣
biznass

Nov 16, 2006, 8:37 PM
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I spend my whole life at work, usually a mid or closing shift and don't meet anyone other than people at work. How else are you supposed to meet a girl? Go for it.
sprintsnumbr1grl

Nov 16, 2006, 8:42 PM
on the net?
msutela

Nov 22, 2006, 2:16 PM
Get opera mini and browse myspace on your phone.
phoneguy45

Nov 21, 2006, 10:37 PM
you better hit that sh*t 😎
spidermon

Nov 22, 2006, 10:56 AM
Are You kidding me this situation happened to me before I got my GF anyway she turned out to be nuts big surprise but I just never called her again after she acctivated ha you have to use what you got. 😎
Dudestorm

Nov 22, 2006, 2:34 PM
i've been working at the store i work at right now for a little over a year. and i have gone home with(and taken home) 3 women i've sold phones to. never really had a problem. i work at the mall, and what better way to meet babes!?
i say go for it dude.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.