Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Am I alone or is this everyone???

kapwww

Nov 13, 2006, 2:38 PM
People don't seem to want to close this month so far. Every other person that comes in says they want to buy phones. I offer them and awsome deal, and they tell me they just want to think about it. WTF???? In my area, you have to try to find us. It's not like I'm a mall store where you just happened to be walking by. What the heck else do you have to think about? I'm hoping that it's the American consumer being retarded and not my sales techniques. I don't feel like I've done anything different (other than the normal adjusting we do with each consumer), which is what makes it even more annoying.

On top of that, most of those "think about it" jerks have admitted to talking to Corporate on the phone first and/or doing their "resea...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Nov 13, 2006, 2:40 PM
You're not alone. I get at least two a day here at my store. And I usually average only about five customers a day. Not a good percentage for me at all.
chainsaw

Nov 13, 2006, 2:44 PM
I have been having the same problems this month too, but our main problems is overall traffic. But any experienced salesperson can say that if someone says they have to think about it, you probably aren't asking enough questions to find out what their objection truly is. Usually it is something stupid. But there are always those people who need to leave and come back even though they know it is the best deal they will find.
kapwww

Nov 13, 2006, 2:57 PM
In some cases, they have TOO much information. They have been slammed with TV ads, tried to research online themselves, then asked the CS people on the phone...all before coming in. By that point, they have themselves so confused any sales person, no matter the experience, can have trouble getting in their heads. They just need to empty some of the crap out on their own.
chainsaw

Nov 13, 2006, 3:36 PM
Thats true. I hate people.
vivalasvegas

Nov 13, 2006, 3:39 PM
Keep in mind that it might be the time of year. I have been with Verizon for the last 4 years and the first 2 or even 3 weeks of November have always been like that for me. The last 10 days have made up for the super slow start to the month. I don't know if it has something to do with Christmas or what but it has happened every year. 😉
krickt

Nov 13, 2006, 3:42 PM
That and they reduce prices/ increase advertising the week of Thanksgiving. It all comes out in the wash.
knn_dm

Nov 14, 2006, 6:52 PM
Yea, this month has sucked so far. Everybody claims that it is a life or death situation that they get a new phone, but yet they still want to think about. I wish death upon all those people. Hopefully it will pick up tomorrow.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.