Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 42 replies

The best wireless service provider is...

smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 11:05 AM
I've worked for an AT&T Wireless Agent in sales.

I've worked for Cingular Wireless (Corporate) in sales.

I've worked for Verizon Wireless (Corporate) in sales.

Now I'm working for a Cingular Agent (Verizon no longer pays for upgrades. I can quite literally make more money with an agent - amazing, I know.), and something funny came across my mind:

I don't think any one of the aforementioned carriers is the "best" wireless carrier in the United States.

Because as long as I can remember, T-Mobile has been a silent, 6,000 pound gorilla in the room. As far as I've seen, their phones are excellent, their calling plans are easy to understand, and their customer service is phenomenal.

In fact, J.D. Power makes love to them e...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Nov 2, 2006, 11:19 AM
I think of them as a really inexpensive yet decent carrier. I'm not really worried about them, because for them to get the kind of coverage other carriers have, they'd have to up their price plans. As long as people are aware of what the signal is like in their area then they should enjoy their sevice from t-mo.
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
T-mo doesn't work here. The best provider is the one that works where you want to use it. Around here that's USCC, with Alltel a close second. Now Alltel has more sales than we do, but our phones work better in more places around here.
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 12:04 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

"The best provider is the one that works where you want to use it."

Seriously though, who sold you that line? You work for US Cellular... where do your phones work?
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 12:09 PM
I don't work for US Cellular, I'm an agent, I own my own business and I sell USCC. My phones work anywhere a Verizon or Sprint phone works, plus in rural areas, especially in SW OK, we have coverage where no one else does. Don't get a GSM phone if you want it to work in Rural OK. Unless you want a pretty phone that you can stare at while you wait for someone to drive by when you break down on a rural highway.
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:12 PM
All the more reason NOT to live in rural SW Oklahoma!!
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
Geez, like everybody has a choice in that. I personally prefer living here and being surrounded by more air than people. If there were no rural areas, you would not have any food in metro areas.
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
Good for you, to each their own.

By the way, if it weren't for us city folks, you'd have no reason to grow that much food.

I prefer the convenience of a 7-11 on every corner selling TracPhones and airtime!
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 12:33 PM
So we are both dependant on each other, and if one disappeared, the other would suffer, so why be so disrespectful and nasty to each other? You need me where I am, be nice.
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:38 PM
Ok, but you need me...

Like Dr. King siad..."can't we all just get along"

Much love to my country brethren...without you, I couldn't eat.
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not the one who was condescending... But you are right, I'll be nice, too.....
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:48 PM
Didn't mean to sound condescending, sorry if I did.

I just don't think I could stand being in small town for too long because I've always live in cities and urban/suburban areas all my life.

But I'm sure there are those that feel the same way about cities. I know I am overwhelmed when I visit NYC, it's just too big for me, but there are those that love that as well.

We'll just have to keep our symbiotic relationship as is then!
krickt

Nov 2, 2006, 2:31 PM
I've lived in the big city, or as close to it as you get in Oklahoma and Kansas. I prefer being within an hour of the City, and living in a small community. Since that is the trend among families, I figure I'm not alone. I have no desire to get any closer to NYC than I am at this moment. That place is nuts, and breeds nuts! Way too many people in way to small of an area.
Likenonother

Nov 3, 2006, 9:38 PM
Ur screen name is right on the money 'cause u are NOT to bright. If you want to quote someone, make sure it is the right person. Example: Rodney King, convict and drug addict said "can't we all just get along"
Dr ML King, a civil rights leader said "I have a dream..."

I know all black people look alike, but get a clue.
frankiewawa

Nov 2, 2006, 2:04 PM
awful
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 12:16 PM
I was told (as a Verizon Corporate employee) that Verizon Wireless doesn't have service in OK City, nor most of Oklahoma, correct?

And your "pretty GSM" phones tend to work in more than 180 countries worldwide... maybe, just maybe, Oklahoma just isn't really developed?
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:21 PM
Well, most folks that like the worldly feature of GSM NEVER travel outside a 100 mile raduis of where they live.

GSM is a great selling feature to world travellers, but there aren't really that many folks that do that so much. Yes, they do exist, but the grand majority of T-Mobile and Cingular customers never use their phones internationally.
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 12:53 PM
Another funny story... even in the countries that also use CDMA (Israel, South Korea, China, etc.), Verizon's phones (as well as Alltel, US Cell, etc) don't work there.

That makes you kinda stuck.

And maybe you didn't know this, 17 percent of Cingular subscribers use their phones OUTSIDE of the United States.

Dang. That's... 10 million people.

You know what though, "the grand majority of T-Mobile and Cingular customers never use their phones internationally." - you're right, 83 percent don't. But we're talking about 10 million Cingular customers that DO!

Wow. Facts are a f**kin buzzkill eh?
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:58 PM
I never get over the thirill of others telling me that I'm an idiot!

My wife, my kids, my customers, and retarded turds on internet forums...

Oh, 83% is a "grand majoruty". Yes, facts are a fulking buzzkill!
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 11:54 AM
The BEST of all!
cilvzwagent

Nov 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
TRACFONE! ๐Ÿ˜‰
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 12:10 PM
All praise and all thanks to TracPhone.

No contract, no UI issue, no sales rep except the clerk at the 7-11...it's a win-win for all!
uscingulair

Nov 2, 2006, 1:20 PM
I think you're name says it all. U are most certainly NOT 2 BRITE. Trac phone is great for dead beats with ****ty credit or illegals with no SS # or crack dealers who don't want a paper trail. But it is completely irrational to have Trac phone. well hey I guess 100 customers can't be wrong
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 1:23 PM
uscingulair said:
well hey I guess 100 customers can't be wrong

In order to have a dedicated forum on this site a carrier must have a million+ customers...

https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?ff=17 »

so in your face ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Praise be to Tracfone.
uscingulair

Nov 2, 2006, 1:33 PM
shhhhh! quiet the adults are talking
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 1:36 PM
Adults, really...

TracPhone leads the industry in helping those that will not suspend their freedoms by conforming to "contracts" and other issues.

Obviously, you prefer to be controlled by others, preferably Big Brother!

Let freedom ring...using TracPhone!!!!!!
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 1:39 PM
Besides, I do not wish to invoke the ire of TracPhone. I choose not to be smited for talking bad about the mighty TracPhone!

TracPhone is everywhere...he has ears you know!
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 1:40 PM
๐Ÿ˜‰
a wise decision
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 1:45 PM
shhhh yourself

there are plenty of reason to use Tracfone other than a bad credit score....

many low usage customers prefer it to other plans both pre and post pay...

also there are many customers from other countries that use Tracfone while visiting because they have national coverage and are affordable ๐Ÿ˜›

plus what other company allows you to buy airtime with the blood of the innocent? ๐Ÿคจ i know vzw and cingy don't...
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 1:51 PM
Oh sage of sages...

I adore and prostrate myself to you...

All hail TracPhone!
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 1:53 PM
๐Ÿ˜

yes, all hail Tracfone
not2brite

Nov 2, 2006, 1:54 PM
I have pleased you my TracPhone?

May I offer you something else?

DONKY PUNCH!
tracfone4all

Nov 2, 2006, 1:59 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
uscingulair

Nov 2, 2006, 1:24 PM
shane you are full of $h!t. Now get back to work!!! And god damnit you work for Cingular now ditch the VZW phone or I'm telling. ๐Ÿคฃ

JK hows the mall goin bro
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 1:58 PM
We've got one accy sold. I just got an Aircard in inventory though.

So, at least that's lookin' up for us.

Can't wait to sell it for some CRACK!
uscingulair

Nov 2, 2006, 2:15 PM
I could of made some loot today but I don't\refuse to speak spanish to customers who can't even tell me there zip code in English. We could open a prepaid cell phone store on the border and make mad CASH ๐Ÿคฃ
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 2:18 PM
You're at River Hills? Patton?

Wait, where you at?
uscingulair

Nov 2, 2006, 2:19 PM
Patton AKA little tijuana
smorris

Nov 2, 2006, 2:46 PM
Asheville - AKA Compton.
jalanjalaning

Nov 4, 2006, 11:15 AM
i work in a pretty big city where every service works pretty well. I am a new verizon agent rep and i've had verizon for 3 years... i'd been waiting to upgrade my phone until the next great thing came out and after working for a call provider for a month i start wondering why i don't have tmobile- so i switched- now i have a blackberry i can tether to my computer and twice as many minutes for 10 dollars more than i was paying a month for a standard verizon phone-- i haven't had any trouble with service...
in short Verizon is the best my customers can buy but i'm sticking with tmo (and covering the t-mobile logo on my phone!!)
smorris

Nov 4, 2006, 11:19 AM
T-Mobile is a great service provider. And just look at how J.D. Power rates them. They beat all other wireless providers.

It's amazing.
knn_dm

Nov 8, 2006, 7:47 PM
Yea, T-Mo is awesome. 90% of the phones out of my store are t-mo. I've also been a customer for three years.and to the tracfone guy, T-Mo ToGo is way cheaper than Tracfone and the coverage is better without the contract or credit check. Tracfone blows!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.