Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

The only people who ruin phones...

milamber

Oct 19, 2006, 11:23 AM
I always tell customers that there is nothing they can do to thier phone that will permanately ruin it, and finish with the statement, "The only people who usually ruin cell phones are those who 'know' what they are doing".
ralph_on_me

Oct 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
What about water damage? That happens to a lot of ignorant consumers.
krickt

Oct 19, 2006, 12:15 PM
Amen. And lately, we get alot of corrosion due to "unknown causes". Which we have found out can be caused by condensation. It happens a lot in the summer when you go from air conditioning to 112 degree heat. It can also happen when they ship them to us in below freezing temp and then we open them in the heated store.
kapwww

Oct 19, 2006, 2:41 PM
Had a guy today who's indicator was solid purple (should be covered with the little Xs), had the entire bottom of his phone covered with corrosion, and corrosion was literally growing from inside the phone, all over the battery contacts on the phone, and all over the contacts on the battery. He asked me why his phone wouldn't turn on. When I explained to him the usual results of liquid damage, he literally swore up and down that the phone was never wet. Whatever...
biznass

Oct 19, 2006, 1:13 PM
I had a guy today who had standing water (tea, more likely) in his phone and he had 'no idea' how it happened. Not likely.
GTO_chick

Oct 19, 2006, 1:55 PM
🤣 I had a guy throw his phone on my counter and began yelling about what a piece of crap his phone was and how it would not turn on...I picked up the phone and there was a puddle of coffee under it, so I looked at him and asked....Caff or Decaff? He looked at me and SERIOUSLY said that I ruined his phone and that he doesn't even drink coffee 👀 sooooo....the magical coffee fairy came down from the ceiling and dropped her magical fairy coffe on your phone? 😳
colione112

Oct 24, 2006, 5:28 AM
At least you know it wasn't dropped in the toilet!
PhoneHero

Oct 19, 2006, 3:31 PM
i've seen a lot of women who's phones got ruined by the make up in their purse
krickt

Oct 19, 2006, 4:07 PM
My favorite, today, is a full bottle of perfume, mixed with lotion. That, at least didn't smell bad, or cause me to dive for the nearest sanitizing fluid!
akanderson

Oct 20, 2006, 9:45 AM
The two best I ever had were customers who emphatically denied ever getting their phone wet.

1: Opened up phone and it had been dropped in bong water.

2: Opened up phone and found it had been dropped in hot choclate.

You just have to love some people. 😁
bosoxkid

Oct 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
For me it was the same situation only I opened the phone up and it smelled like dead fish. I casually asked him what he does for a living and he tells me hes a commercial fisherman... 🤣
shleeban

Oct 21, 2006, 4:56 PM
i had a guy come in once with a phone... and the indicators were gone... and i asked him where they went and he said he didnt know, and i explained to him that if they are missing you cannot claim warranty on a phone... then i looked closer and saw some coca-cola between the battery of the phone... i said "hey it looks like theres coke in your phone" he left without bringing the phone with him

🤣
jalanjalaning

Oct 21, 2006, 5:21 PM
pathetic attempts!

my sister dropped her phone in the toilet... we had the same phones so she took the battery from mine and got a warranty replacement... it's not that hard to beat the system- and i didn't even work in wireless then.
shleeban

Oct 21, 2006, 5:22 PM
hahaha theres a sticker inside the phone too that turns colors... u musta just got a dumb rep to fru it out
jalanjalaning

Oct 21, 2006, 5:23 PM
yeah that helped

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.