Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

So, I don't do this very often but...

T-MoTucson

Oct 7, 2006, 4:45 PM
This lady didn't deserve my help!

She wanted to upgrade her phone, but wasn't qualified quite yet. Her phone probably had a manufacurer's defect but, to be honest, I wanted her to suffer. Normally I would go the extra mile to help a customer regardless of their attitude, but this lady pressed my only button. And what is that button? Threatening to cancel--if you're going to threaten go ahead and cancel, baby!
ralph_on_me

Oct 7, 2006, 4:58 PM
When people say they're going to cancel it makes me want to stop helping them to. How funny would it be if that was the way customer service handled the threat? They call in and say I'm going cancel, and CS replies, "Oh, okay. Have a good day." and then hangs up or just transfer them to the cancellation department.
kapwww

Oct 9, 2006, 1:59 PM
I think they should have a quick cancel button. As soon as a CS rep hears "Cancel" they just push the button and the account closes and the call ends. That would be great.
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 2:04 PM
LMAO that WOULD be awesome, but i know i for one would be tempted to press that button before the cust even threatens to cancel, lol.
krickt

Oct 10, 2006, 10:33 AM
No, this would work! Make it a pending cancel, and before the customer gets hung up on, they listen to one of those disclaimer recordings that explains what just happened, and how to un cancel within 24 hours. They would be calling back before the minute was up!
blookiebaby

Oct 7, 2006, 5:06 PM
i love it when they threaten to cancel the service you don't even work for, ie: i work for the insurance company that cingular uses, and customers like to threaten to cancel their cingular accounts over things that happen with the insurance. obviously i can't tell them to go ahead and cancel but sometimes i want to tell them we aren't even the same company, so what the hell do we care?

but we care. really, we do.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.