Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

You can set your watch by it.

cingcing

Oct 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
Every time we take a deposit, this happens.

A customer comes in with a mailer that we send everyone that requires a deposit. It's simply so they can get a credit report and know why they were required to pay a deposit.

Cust: I already paid a deposit. What is this?

Me: We send those out to ever....

Cust: (Interrupts) This is ridiculous!

Me: All this is, is a number to equifax, who will tell you why you paid a deposit.

Cust: I already paid a deposit.

Me: Did you bother to read it?
AG050

Oct 6, 2006, 12:32 PM
HAHAHAHA
you'd think they'd be thankful that they could get a free credit report ($29.99) value. 🙄
kapwww

Oct 9, 2006, 1:56 PM
Nothing is free. The price of that report was being embarrassed in front of a cell phone rep who now knows you have bad credit.
ralph_on_me

Oct 9, 2006, 2:49 PM
puh-lease. I've seen so many people with bad credit that it doesn't phase me at all. Also the reps can't see the score, just the deposit, and if it was that embarassing then just pay your freakin bills on time.
captain crunch

Oct 6, 2006, 12:33 PM
Some People are Dumb
frankiewawa

Oct 6, 2006, 2:01 PM
more like "alot" of people are dumb.
cingcing

Oct 6, 2006, 2:04 PM
I prefer "most".
blookiebaby

Oct 7, 2006, 5:42 PM
we have something similar through our company: just a letter stating that the monthly premiums are going up a dollar a month, and we have customers calling in freaking out about it, asking why they received it. it's not that hard to figure out. i kind of feel like i'm explaining something to a 3 year old, especially when i'm done letting them know what the letter is about and they scream "well, what does THAT mean?"

me: "um, like i said, you'll now be paying $4.99 a month instead of $3.99"

rocket science, i tell ya.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.