Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Just bored, humor me.

krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, so after the first almost 3 weeks of September being the most busy of the year so far, we have had 5 people in the store today, and only 1 of them spent money on cell phones. So I'm bored. Due to the low volume in here lately, either everyone else is extra busy with customers, or is too bored to post!
What's going on?
vivalasvegas

Sep 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
This has been the slowest month of the year for us. I'm an indirect and I had one customer come into the store from 9am to 6:30 pm. yesterday. Talk about bored. 😢 I hope that today is a better day. So far nobody...
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
The first three days were slow, then I sold 5 razrs in one day, and 9 other phones to boot. And it was a half day, for heaven's sake. The cell phone side hasn't been as busy as usual, but our daily numbers are way up. Everybody's battery died last week and we did almost 3,000 in battery sales.
3ntropy

Sep 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
😳
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 12:12 PM
And we are in a small (
ralph_on_me

Sep 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
I've just been cleaning. No sales. I've also been on the phone with my boss about increasing activation numbers.
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 12:10 PM
We only had to get 10 activations this month to get our quarterly quota, and we have 27 so far, so we're doing well. Last month we had 30 by the 15th, so it's a little slower, but not bad. I'm hoping we have some good promotions in October to get do a real boost in sales. They don't seem to care much about the rest of September since we are no longer offering free activation, and no other promotions besides phone pricing.
3ntropy

Sep 20, 2006, 12:04 PM
our numbers suck balls
time to spread my wings and fly
i could bake cookies 😁
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 12:06 PM
more haiku? Well, at least it's a response. It's been slower than molasses in here.
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 1:06 PM
I am now teching at Sprint, the store is packed elbow to butthole all day long.It is ri-friggan-diculous. And the general personality of the people that comes into our store ranges from eggplant to spatula. Not the brightest lightbulbs in the closets.

Ever want to be busy as hell? Sell phones that chirp in West Texas, you're bound to have more work than time.
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 1:35 PM
I'm as close to West Texas as I can stand at the moment. Thank you very much. We do pretty well, and will continue to do so until Verizon comes to Oklahoma, then we will have some real competion. Cingulair doesn't work here, Alltel has crappy service here, T-mobile doesn't work here and Sprint's prices get them laughed out of the place from time to time.
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 1:55 PM
You're very welcome?
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 1:59 PM
LOL. I'm a true okie and a Sooner fan, asking a sooner fan to be nice about tx is like asking a dog not to bite the cat. It can be acomplished, but it's not in the dog's nature.
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 2:05 PM
I love the Sooners too, if it weren't for Texas that team would be full of ACTUAL Okies.

;-)

We gotta keep you guys winning. Suckas!
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 2:19 PM
LOL True, did you know that Oklahoma, Texas, Florida and California basically keep the rest of the country in College athletes? I don't know the order, but It's amazing that a little state like Oklahoma can compete with those big states for that! Try to find a college team anywhere without at least one kid from all four of those states. Texas is basically 6 states in one size and population wise anyway.
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 2:25 PM
We know it, and we're proud of it. If the US ever gets invaded, they'll never make it past the Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana state borders.
krickt

Sep 20, 2006, 2:41 PM
True. And if that ever happens you won't be able to tell the difference between a Texan, Oklahoman, and Lousianan, when the chips are down, we understand that we are just bickering brothers, and brothers stand by each other, whether they like each other or not. Damn it!
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 2:58 PM
Talking about Texas like this makes me grow a big rubbery one.
ralph_on_me

Sep 20, 2006, 3:14 PM
I consider Oklahoma and New Mexico part of Texas anyway. That's the way we were before we joined up with the US, and that's the way we'll be when we leave it.
Nikoletta

Sep 20, 2006, 6:56 PM
Well I ran away to join the circus... (read: went back to school.) so I'm not around to play much.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.