Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Ask your bloody question!

peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 11:39 AM
Anyone get the guy who gives you his life story before asking the question he came to ask?

"I bought this phone around three months ago, I guess it was three months ago, it could have been four, but the battery stopped working right. Now it charges half way but when I make one call it stops. Like this morning I called my friend John and by the time I got off the phone it was down to one bar. So I called the company who made the phone and they sent me another battery, but it's still doing the same thing. They told me they could repair it but I have to send it back to them and I'll be out of a phone for three weeks. So they told me to come here and see if you have a loaner phone."

So, in other words, you just spent ten minutes askin...
(continues)
angl8798

Sep 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
point taken and i completely agree! 😉
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
I have heard some stories:

A customer originally came in to start up service, at the end of the sale I knew:

She has had her license taken for dui. Went to jail for 30 days for driving without an license. While she was away her boyfriend left her and got married. She had a sick mother who need her care 24-7.

I just stood there listening wondering if I should be charging her by the hour.
CellAll.org

Sep 16, 2006, 11:46 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 11:46 AM
At my last job a customer told me a whole story about how she wanted to build a fence but her neighbors wouldn't let her. And when I mentioned this to my boss, she said "Was this a short lady with curly brown hair? She told me the same story!"

How does that come up at a video store?
ondisplay

Sep 16, 2006, 11:48 AM
I spoke to a woman earlier today, who told me all about her senial and aging parents and how sick they were. She was putting them in an assisted living facility and such. She started to tear up and walked away very suddenly....

she didn't even get the car charger she had been looking for. 😕
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 11:59 AM
I had a tear jerker once. A man wanted to know the cheapest rate plan. At the time T-Mobile had the 19.99 plan. I offered that to him but he didn't want a contract. So prepaid was the next offer. Then he told me his story. His wife couldn't talk. She had throat cancer and was on her last year of a two year life expectancy. She walked up to the kiosk and started writing down questions. Because she was only wanted text messaging, I told her about the Sidekick. I was sad the rest of the day.
raycarroll70

Sep 16, 2006, 12:01 PM
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 12:01 PM
Can't go access denied. 🤣
peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 12:02 PM
I had a guy come in once because Cingular rebooted their voice mail system, meaning all old voice mails would be deleted and you would have to re-set up your outgoing message, password, etc.

I pulled up his account and in big bold letters it said Do not delete this man's voice mail under any circumstances! His wife died and he has a message from her that he wants to keep!

I had no idea what to do.
TIERRA226

Sep 16, 2006, 12:06 PM
My store has alot of older patrons. A lady came up to me and ask if she died would her son be responsible for the contract or would they cancelled it. She asked it as if she was asking the time.
Foamy

Sep 16, 2006, 12:15 PM
I had a lady like that once. She came in and said she got some bad news from her doctor earlier that day and was wondering if her husband will have to pay the ETF when she dies.

And she went on to say how he's upset that she's going to die and she doesn't understand why because she's been warning him that it's coming.

I didn't know what to say to that.
raycarroll70

Sep 16, 2006, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a classic line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Simone(Kristy Swanson) tried explaining to the Economics Teacher(Ben Stein) was Ferris Bueller(Matthew Broderick) was absent from class.

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.
peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
It's rediculous. I've had people call me and give me the whole back story, only to end with, "So I guess I need to come up there. What time do you close?"
spidermon

Sep 16, 2006, 3:27 PM
I think most of these people just want somebody to talk to so I let them talk I tell them to go on with there story while I help other people it always makes everyone laugh. People don't realize how stupid they look.
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
Every day I love you a little bit more.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.