Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

S&R customers

blazerman007

Sep 12, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ok so is it just me...
Customer: I dropped my phone off a 3 story building and i want a new one
Me: ..... 🀨 (put my smilly face onπŸ™‚)Ok sir well lets check to see if you have S&R on your phone or insurance.
Well sir you have the service and repair plan so heres where you can go to get your phone fixed.
Customer:I dont want to wait for them to fix it, i want you to just give me a new one
(heres where you become a smart a$$)
Me:Well sir if you drove your car off a cliff would you expect the dealership to give you new phone?
Customer:But this isnt a car its a phone
Me:Yes and you have the repair plan so heres where to go and get it fixed.
Customer:*rambles about how horrible you are and how you should be fired and how this is all my ...
(continues)
jareddude42

Sep 12, 2006, 12:37 PM
or the guy that shot his i530 with a nail gun and had the nerve to say our phones arent durable. come on man they are military spec for dust shock and vibration not for nail gun resistance. then he has the nerve to say if this dont work im going to a different carrier. and i say to him and im sure a nokia or a cute little lg can handle being shot with a freakin nail gun
blazerman007

Sep 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
yea why dont you just light it on fire and see how that works....
My phone melted under 1000 degrees
It sucks i want you to replace it for free...
well sir i regret to inform you that you are and idiot
Heres your sign get out of my store
biscuit

Sep 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
I always love it when a customer comes in with their phone completely damaged and then try to act like nothing ever happened to it.
I helped a couple last week who had smashed the hell out of their screen, therefore rendering it unusable, except to look at the pretty colors that it had jetting across it. When I explained to them that it had been damaged by something, because screens don't do that on their own, I got the "Well I don't know what would have caused that. It was just on the table charging before the screen did this. We didn't damage the screen."
Really? Sorry to hear that you disagree with what happened to your phone, it will need to be repaired, and it will probably cost a decent chunk of money.
I do feel a little bad thoug...
(continues)
peanutblue

Sep 12, 2006, 2:23 PM
Yep. When I was in high school a week after I got my first pager I noticed that the screen was cracked. I didn't know when it happened. But you know what? I knew it was my fault. I bought a new pager and moved on with my life. Of course, the new pager was $30, not $300, but still...
phoneguy45

Sep 12, 2006, 8:49 PM
right we make enough money off them when they go over there mins and download too many ringtones and lets see text without a package. and the list goes on.. the phones just a bonous... 😎 STUPID people
phoneguy45

Sep 12, 2006, 8:43 PM
you mean you haven't seen the new nokia N.G.R 🀣 what an A$$hat... nail gun resistant what an idoit? where do they come from??
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 12, 2006, 8:49 PM
What an idiot. We always get the construction workers that whine if we don't send them a rubberized phone. Newsflash! If you drop a steel beam on it, put it in concrete, or drop it down a sewage pipe (all of which have happened) that rubber isn't going to (and didn't) save the phone.
phoneguy45

Sep 12, 2006, 8:24 PM
i love it when they come in with their sopping wet phone and tell you that "they dont know whats up with this p.o.s but i just stopped working. well a$$hat could it be because it has more water coming out of it that a running faucet???? AND when you ask them.... "well how did it get exposed to water?" "WATER WHAT WATER?" umm you mean this man made lake on my desk? then they start to go on about how the service sucks and that phone did get good reception anyway.. Oh yea F*@KSTICK was this before or after you drown it????
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 12, 2006, 8:35 PM
When someone damages their phone ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair) does not cover it at all. No store will repair it (unless their idiots) and then the store will then tell them to call us to fix it. The store shares a portion of the blame as well because if they understood they're own program they would tell them it's not going to be covered and to just buy a new one. But alas, that rarely happens, so because you told them it could be fixed and the store told them they couldn't do it but we can, I then get to take an escalated call after one of my agents gets chewed out by the customer because they are just now being told that their phone cannot be replaced.

I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything, but in the future do me and the ...
(continues)
phoneguy45

Sep 12, 2006, 8:41 PM
ummm i dont know whom you are reffering to....BUT my company doesnt "repair" phones. which is why our Equiptment Protection Program covers anything that is not a manufactures defect we don have a ESRP... so...... πŸ™„
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 12, 2006, 8:48 PM
Then the carrier you are referring to is different from the one that blazeman was. We handle insurance for all major wireless carriers, either in part or in whole depending on the carrier. And at least two of them have Service and Repair only programs as well as insurance.

And also, if you read the statement I made and that blazeman made, it was referring to a program that was made for servicing or repairing a phone that was defective, not damaged. And working for them I can tell you that none of the Service and Repair programs will make exceptions if the phone is damaged. So since this guy's phone was dropped, and he only had Service and Repair, we wouldn't cover it, and if the guy called in, it probably escalated.

If blazeman misrep...
(continues)
WhoDey

Sep 13, 2006, 9:59 AM
Im a little confused.
S&R isnt handled by an outside company (for my carrier), if a customer drops their phone, it breaks in half, they can go to a repair store and get it fixed sometimes, or we can just order a replacement, usually a refurb.

What carrier makes people call the INSURANCE company for S&R, so I make sure I never use them..
phoneguy45

Sep 13, 2006, 10:18 AM
we dont have an S&R whatever you call it. just insurance. break your phone pay your deductable and get a replacement phone. we dont take someones phone that they drove over or whatever and fix it so they can come back 3 weeks later and say that it wasnt fixed right. if you ask me id rather pay 40 bucks to get insurance replacement that have someone fix my busted a$$ phone that is just going to stop working again.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 13, 2006, 12:35 PM
What company do you work for?
phoneguy45

Sep 13, 2006, 2:27 PM
does it matter we dont have an S&R program... we have an Equpitment Protection Program..
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 13, 2006, 2:35 PM
The reason I'm asking is to see if you are one of the carriers we provide service to. The only thing I can think of is that you are a smaller regional carrier because none of the ones we do business with have programs separate from the ones we handle.
phoneguy45

Sep 13, 2006, 2:46 PM
i work for the fourth largest carrier in the united states.... Why would a city as big as Chicago have a smaller regional carrier....? trust me whoever you work for doesnt provide service for us. I work for a Corporate store. 🀨
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 13, 2006, 5:50 PM
Well since we provide service to T-Mobile, Cingular, Sprint/Nextel, Verizon, and I believe Alltel as well, there's a good chance we cover you to some capacity.
phoneguy45

Sep 13, 2006, 2:32 PM
but i will give you a hint i work in chicago 😎
ESmurf

Sep 13, 2006, 5:57 PM
At the company I am currently with we are required to get them to sign a checklist proving that we told them if they don't purchase insurance the only thing we cover is Manufacture Defects w/i the 1st year of purchase.
craptacularwireless

Sep 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
I had a lady come in here yesterday wondering what she could do since both her daughter's and son's phones weren't working right. This is how the conversation went.

Her: Why do companies make you sign a two year contract and only warranty the phone for a year?
Me: Well, first of all the carriers don't make you sign a two year, you do have an option to sign up for one year. Secondly, the carriers don't warranty the phone, the manufacturers do.
Her: Well, why can't they last longer than they do?
Me: Phones will last a good while if you treat them properly. I've had a lot of customers with phones that are three to four years old and are working fine. It all depends on how they are treated.
Her: Well, he treats his well, it's not l...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.