Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

tips?

rwilliams

Sep 9, 2006, 9:58 AM
anybody ever get tipped by a customer before? i know there are customers out there that deserve nothing less than being thrown in the middle of the street and beaten with hammers. but what about the good customers? the ones you would go above and beyond to help out. i've gotten tips as high as $30 from these types of customers before. anyone else have this happen?
TIERRA226

Sep 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
I have but only $20 ☚ī¸ 😁 A woman came in wanting a 4 line family plan but had port in from at least 3 companies. I had her call for all the account numbers. It take at least an hour. She was patient and gave me $20 for lunch. I was thinking, I owe you $20, I made at of money off of you!
ralph_on_me

Sep 9, 2006, 10:04 AM
I've gotten tips from customers, but I ring them into the system as a programming fee and put them in the till. Sometimes they bring me food though, and I can't really stick that into the till...
TIERRA226

Sep 9, 2006, 10:05 AM
I don't have a register. So the money is mine 😈
jareddude42

Sep 10, 2006, 6:32 PM
i have had people buy me lunch starbucks on many occasions one of my customers is my hairstylist and she hooks me up wiuth free trims and stuff. lots of people work for other businesses like car shops or resturaunts and are like yeah come on in il comp ur meal or il get ur oil changed free
moemoe26

Sep 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
the biggest tip i got was 50 for doing a 4 line deal within 25 mins, i got taken out by a milf, free drinks at bars and some othere things 😈
cilvzwagent

Sep 9, 2006, 10:07 AM
I had this customer when I worked for a previous VZW Agent. When I left that store, she apparantly was very upset because she knew she could trust me to take good care of her. When she found me at my new location, she mailed me a thank-you card, and $50.00. đŸ˜ŗ 😁
Well with that money, I treated my sales girls to lunch one day, and bought the customer a little "Thank You" gift and sent it to her.
Needless to say, she's my faithful customer.

I've had another guy hand me coupons for free stuff at restaurants, and another guy paid me $10 just because I helped him find a ringtone on his Get It Now.
rwilliams

Sep 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
at least it's comforting to know that good customers still exist out there. still gotta deal with the a-holes from time to time, though 🙄
TIERRA226

Sep 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
Labor Day I went to Red Lobster on a gift card a customer gave me. I had the Ultimate Feast, yah!
jareddude42

Sep 10, 2006, 6:34 PM
maybe they realize a good portion of us are in our early 20's if that and trying to make it in the world and they know that every dollar counts ya know
TIERRA226

Sep 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
I also recieve business cards from local businesses. A financial advisor to Golden Corral gave me a card that entitles 2 free buffet dinners, I had a travel agent give me a card and told me when I plan my honeymoon ( I'm engaged) to call him and more. That's why I love and hate my job sometimes. The perks are great.
stef222

Sep 9, 2006, 10:20 AM
Not me, but another co-worker of mine had flowers sent to her by a customer to thank her for all the help she gave her.
granteezie

Sep 9, 2006, 11:04 AM
i rarely get tips in cash form. I get food bought for me or gift cards.

The majority of the times i do get cash are when customers come in enraged at their bill because it is really hard to read, or something that happened to them about their wireless service. I usually take baby steps and keep them updated on what i am doing through the whole process. it calms them down and the usually leave with a smile on their face. customers aren't used to getting treated like an individual these days. it is a shame.
dirrty_d

Sep 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
Ive gotten tipped before but just a measley $5 bucks
granteezie

Sep 9, 2006, 12:12 PM
a measley? way to be ungrateful.
dirrty_d

Sep 9, 2006, 12:16 PM
i had to split it so it wasnt even enough to buy lunch or anything
granteezie

Sep 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
the audacity of that customer only giving you five dollars. i mean, how dare them try and show their gratitude towards you by only giving you five dollars that you didn't earn nor deserve. i would've given it back. five dollars? don't waste my time!
dirrty_d

Sep 9, 2006, 12:19 PM
but i have gotten food bought for me, i am grateful for those customers
craptacularwireless

Sep 9, 2006, 12:36 PM
The biggest tip I got was $20 when I worked at RiteAid. A lady had left her purse at the store and I kept it safe for her. She had left town and wouldn't be back until late afternoon. She came back, grabbed the purse, gave me a hug, and then handed me the $20. I told her I wasn't allowed to accept it and she practically ran out the door so I couldn't give it back to her.
diana1gd

Sep 9, 2006, 12:55 PM
I've been given stuff like chocolates, and even a thank you card with a $30 gift card to TGI Fridays... 🙂
peanutblue

Sep 9, 2006, 2:29 PM
I've gotten a Starbucks gift card and a big tub of caramel popcorn. 🤤
peanutblue

Sep 9, 2006, 2:31 PM
Oh, and I once bought a Chevy pick up truck new from a dealership, then the next day sold a phone to a guy who worked at another dealership and he offered to give me a great price on a new Chevy. If only he'd stopped in the day before... đŸ˜ĸ
jareddude42

Sep 10, 2006, 6:36 PM
i bought my durango and then ended up gettng liklwe 3 new customers from the dealershi when they found out who i worked for they were all like he can you hook me up . i saved like 3,000 on my truck too
Foamy

Sep 9, 2006, 3:04 PM
I had a customer last week that I helped with an out of warranty treo for over a week until we got it replaced for her.

She gave me a bag of cookies, which I thought was awesome. When she left I opened the bag and a $50 bill fell out out of fold. And the cookies were frikkin awesome.
peanutblue

Sep 11, 2006, 3:52 PM
My boss took care of a customer who works at a meat packing plant. She just walked in and gave him two ribeyes in appreciation.

Damn it!
tmbold

Sep 11, 2006, 3:55 PM
i copied a cust. sim card to his phone and he gave me $60
biscuit

Sep 11, 2006, 5:19 PM
I have had a couple different things, like getting $5 for changing a faceplate, and some smoked salmon from a really happy old fella, but the cutest one happened last week. I was helping a woman whos phone would not charge correctly, and as I was walking around the store grabbing different chargers and batteries her little boy was following me. I was explaining to him what I was doing the whole time and he seemed pretty entertained by it. When I sat down at my desk with him and his mother he pulled some money out of his pocket and kept trying to give me a quarter. I told him that he was very kind but that he should keep his own quarter. So we pushed it across the desk for about 5 minutes. I didn't see it on the desk anymore so I figured he m...
(continues)
jareddude42

Sep 11, 2006, 6:59 PM
thats cool i would hang on the that quarter on my desk cuz thats cool

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.