Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Don't ya just love it?... (long)

NU2U

Sep 5, 2006, 12:38 PM
Customer walks into the store (literally in her robe and slippers) and asks

Customer: "How many minutes can I get put on my phone?" (Obviously on some pre-pay 'plan')
Me: "That really depends... when is your pay cycle?"
Customer: "I don't know what that means..."
Me: "What day do you usually come in each month to pay for your minutes."
Cust: "At the end of the month"
Me: "And how many minutes are you paying for each month?"
Customer: "600"
Me: "Your billing cycle is at the end of the month and you've already gone over your 600 minutes on the 5th?"
Customer: "Yeah can you get me some minutes?"
Me: "Well sure I can do that, but keep in mind that since you've gone over your minutes in five days you're going to be paying a lot of mon...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 12:41 PM
If I were Ray Carrol I'd be a pompous a$$ and talk to you about the importance of repeat business and treating customers great and blah blah blah blah blah.

But I'm not, so congrats on spelling it for her and making it funny for me. ๐Ÿคฃ
NU2U

Sep 5, 2006, 1:17 PM
I have no problems being straight-up smart a$$ to stupid people...
tmbold

Sep 5, 2006, 5:41 PM
just ask yourself WWRCD? what would ray carrol do?
MrAbstracto

Sep 5, 2006, 5:48 PM
That is the coolest Gravatar ever. period. ๐Ÿ˜
tmbold

Sep 5, 2006, 5:48 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 7:10 PM
tmbold said:
just ask yourself WWRCD? what would ray carrol do?

That's awesome. I was thinking about making fun of him when I saw the first thread but I was too exhausted from making fun of him earlier.
raycarroll70

Sep 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
WWRCD? I have a pretty good idea what Ray CARROLL(not CARROL) would do. What I would do in a case like this is remember than 99.9% of the time the customer isn't holding me responsible for what's happening to him or her, but is frustrated at the situation so I've learned not to take it personally. When I deal with prepaid customers I see on a frequent basis, I explain to them the value of converting over to a post paid service by showing them how much they're spending each week on their prepaid cards and how that money could be used for their deposit and all the benfits of having free calls for Sprint to Sprint as well as Nextel customers, unlimited night & weekend calling as early as 6 pm, fair overage charges as low as $0.17/minute and my ...
(continues)
NU2U

Sep 6, 2006, 8:23 AM
raycarroll70 said:
...and my personal favorite, the most robust and powerful all digital wireless network without roaming nor domestic long distance charges.

NU2U says: ๐Ÿคจ that drops minimum of five calls a day... at least on the eastern seaboard...

Shut your pie hole ๐Ÿ™„
ralph_on_me

Sep 6, 2006, 10:11 AM
..and then they scream again because "they're all out to get you with them contract things." Then you explain they don't need a contract and they don't trust people sending them bills or don't want to give out their social for a credit check.

You also forgot to mention the hour of your time it took you to get them to just BEGIN to grasp the concept of night time minutes. "If I call my mom in Ohio after 8pm how many hours I got?" You can't blame them for not getting that though, since they've had their prepaid service for over a year and still don't understand that every minute you use costs them a dime.

...or that could just be because I live in Texas.
texaswireless

Sep 6, 2006, 10:17 AM
Hey Ray,

While I appreciate your positive attitude you need to remember your points here are lost on almost everyone. Most people here could not give two shyts about their jobs as they are simply looking for their next buzz or brew and work only to support said habit.

Save your breath for your customers. From what it sounds like you will do just fine.
kapwww

Sep 6, 2006, 11:53 AM
I don't really want the retards as my repeat customers anyhow. They're just going to keep being retarded. Build a good customer base out of the GOOD customers...
stef222

Sep 5, 2006, 12:43 PM
hahaha. ๐Ÿคฃ
I'm afraid of what I'll run into eventually.
I've already had one man trying to take pictures of me with his camera phone so he could "test out how it works" ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cilvzwagent

Sep 5, 2006, 2:47 PM
Me to the clerk at the gas station:

"But I didn't drive all that gas out of my car! You need to refill my gas tank for me RIGHT NOW!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.