Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Stupid people on the phone....

Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 5:00 PM
I had a guy call up asking for the number for the Cingular store across town (the evil corporate store). I told him we didn't have the number, which we don't. He told me they aren't in the phone book so I told him I know and that's why we don't have the number.

He immediately started sighing heavily and comlpaining, saying it makes no sense that he could call a Cingular store and they wouldn't have the number for their other store across town.

I explained to him that we're owned by a different company and are not affiliated, at which point he said "Well, can't you just get into the Cingular system and get the number?" Because obviously there is such a thing. We can just go into this fancy database and find the phone number for ever...
(continues)
jaderz03

Aug 30, 2006, 5:12 PM
I work for sprint and we get that alot too! we are a 3rd party agent store so we can't do alot like the corporate stores can...I have someone yell at me one time and pretty much tell me I was worthless because we can't transfer phone books! I told him to stop being lazy and do it himself!
Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 5:29 PM
The greatest part is that when I actually follow that with "Is there anything I can help you with?" they usually just have a simple question like asking for the customer service or insurance numbers or asking how much a texting package is.

And I think phones make people too damn lazy. Why do people always have to call everywhere before going in? And it's freaking Flagstaff. It takes me 15 minutes to get to work and I live pretty much as far west as you can in Flagstaff and the mall is as far east as you can go in Flagstaff. So less than 15 minutes from any part of Flagstaff to any other part of town. Lazy bastards...
TIERRA226

Aug 30, 2006, 6:17 PM
A customer just quirked out on me for that same exact reason 20 minutes ago. I did her favor and she yells at me. 😈
NU2U

Aug 31, 2006, 8:32 AM
With these types of customers (lord knows there's a lot of 'em) I like to remind them that I am in fact doing them a favor. If the 'tude continues I ask if they have a problem with the way I do customer service after going out of my way for them. If so, reminder that they can exit the way that they entered. OH! And remind them to have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening. It usually pisses them off even more. 🤣 I love it. Get's 'em every time.
VzwRsR

Aug 30, 2006, 5:45 PM
Hayate said:

I explained to him that we're owned by a different company and are not affiliated, at which point he said "Well, can't you just get into the Cingular system and get the number?" Because obviously there is such a thing. We can just go into this fancy database and find the phone number for every Cingular corporate and agent store in the country.

www. cin gu lar. com/ buy/ st ore_ loc ator

No/Yes? We know you have inet access or you wouldn't post from work.
TIERRA226

Aug 30, 2006, 6:18 PM
Personally if you're not coming to buy anything at my kiosk I'm not going the extra miles for you unless it's something I can't do.
getsome

Aug 31, 2006, 9:46 AM
TIERRA226 said:
Personally if you're not coming to buy anything at my kiosk I'm not going the extra miles for you unless it's something I can't do.

i don't understand your statement here. the way it seems is you don't want to help the person unless he/she buys something from you. thats sad. here we have in another thread on how the 3rd parties hate corp but we should be hating you because of this attitude. you give us a bad name.

thats of course if your statement means ur just too lazy to help a customer.
3ntropy

Aug 31, 2006, 12:39 PM
unfortunately, i agree with some of what getsome said. it's your job, and it doesn't state that you have to like the customers or your job, you just have to do it. you're a customer service rep, so serve the customer.
TIERRA226

Aug 31, 2006, 2:33 PM
I defend my statement. I'm courteous to all my customers. But I don't have time or patience run down all the nearest stores closest to your house over the phone. My time is money. Now if you ask general questions sure, I'll help. Just yesterday a person who was interested to switching over to Verizon walked pass my kiosk. I asked if they were still interested. They said yes but went to another location. He saw my expression changed and said "Y'all the same company right?" What? I spent no less than 45 minutes talking to this guy and he walks onto another store to get set up. Unbelievable! And to be truthful, I was contemplating whether sales is for me. I'm not cutthroat and I don't have the nerves of steel required.
getsome

Aug 31, 2006, 3:21 PM
see then that just shows your just too lazy. its you that the people come in and complain about. your the "person in the mall that don't know nothing". OUR time is money as well. Now what happens when the 3rd party deosnt know what to do? they send the customer to us to fix what you can't because either your too lazy or just plain dumb. i shun you. i hope you do consider another job cuz obviously this one isnt for you. holla
TIERRA226

Aug 31, 2006, 4:03 PM
It's not about being lazy. I have had incidents when I gave one number and was told it wasn't close enough and wind up wasting 10 minutes relaying information that could be found online. Every customer I helped (with the exception of one) recommended me to their friends/ family. I'm just not going to wasting my time.
Hayate

Aug 31, 2006, 3:33 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I am courteous to all the people the approach our kiosk, but in any job you have to manage your time efficiently. I don't think it's appropriate to take time away from my customers in the store to get on the website, search for the store, and relay the info over the phone to someone who isn't even trying to do business with us.

If he has a question he could've just as easily have asked me. The only reason I could see to specifically want to talk to that store is if they're the ones that sold him something (at which point he should have their card or their number on his receipt), if he knew someone at that store (he should again already have the number), or if they're closer to him and he wanted to go to them ins...
(continues)
getsome

Aug 31, 2006, 4:53 PM
the point is that even though you are a 3rd party dealer you STILL represent whichever company you sell. You actions reflect that of the company. No matter how stupid the customer should be helped. 1 complaint goes further than 5 compliments.
getsome

Aug 31, 2006, 9:39 AM
You could of been the good 3rd party person that would like to help give the customer great care and went onto the cingular site and found the number for the person instead of being a lazy person and then wasting the energy you could of used to find the number to post your crying on this forum.
NU2U

Aug 31, 2006, 9:47 AM
getsome said:
You could of been the good 3rd party person that would like to help give the customer great care and went onto the cingular site and found the number for the person instead of being a lazy person and then wasting the energy you could of used to find the number to post your crying on this forum.

Can we say "whoa run-on sentence?" 🤣 Take a breath...
getsome

Aug 31, 2006, 9:49 AM
NU2U said:

Can we say "whoa run-on sentence?" 🤣 Take a breath...

i like to type in one big long sentence. it's fun and it gets ya to think eh? haha. i love mornings don't you? no not really.
Hayate

Aug 31, 2006, 12:57 PM
Or he could've done that himself. I was actually busy when he called and didn't feel like taking the time away from my customer. Honestly, if he would've been nice about it I would've probably looked it up for him, but he was being a douche from the beginning of the call so he's out of luck.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.