Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 72 replies

I hate customers and our local corporate store

Hayate

Aug 27, 2006, 4:06 PM
A lady that activated two phones on July 2 just came in to b*tch at me. Basically, our manager gave her two prepaid Sony Ericsson phones for free on a 2-year contract. They're better than the Nokia 6010s we had for free at the time, so he was actually giving her something better than he should have. Keep in mind, SHE picked the phones out and everything.

So she wanted to exchange the phone because she didn't like it, but she's past our 30 day exchange policy. She claimed she wasn't told about the 30 day exchange policy even though it's posted on the kiosk, written on the receipt, and she actually signed the contract that said she had a 30 day exchange/cancel policy.

The best part was the way the conversation started though.

Her:...
(continues)
robbied

Aug 27, 2006, 4:19 PM
๐Ÿ˜ Yeah indirects are always screwing people over. Thats just what there hired to do! And yes we are snobs because we were actually good enough to get hired by the company.
Jennyboo

Aug 27, 2006, 4:21 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ

I worked indirect my first year at Sprint, then I got hired by corporate

Maybe I'm just that good
robbied

Aug 27, 2006, 4:24 PM
Well maybe you were too good to be at the indirects anyways! Should've started out at there. Anyways whats going on? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hayate

Aug 27, 2006, 4:40 PM
We don't screw people over any more than the corporate stores do. If people are rude or annoying we may not offer them a discount, but I think everyone here does that.

We have the same prices as the corporate store across town and we have far superior customer service. We're constantly getting complaints about their poor customer service there (I've even had friends tell me about this outside of work). If someone buys a phone from us, they outright refuse to do ANYTHING for them. We will do our best to help people no matter where they got their phone.

And as I mentioned, they always badmouth us to customers. That's very unprofessional and just not a good way to do business. No matter how many complaints we get, I would never tell...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 28, 2006, 8:35 AM
We're slowly but surely putting corporate stores out of business in DFW. They get nothing but complaints about their service as all of their reps are rude, and our stores bring in more acts and have the lowest churn among agents in the nation. They've closed down two cor stores in my old area this year, and now that I've transfered across town I plan on closing down even more.
chainsaw

Aug 28, 2006, 11:54 AM
same here in ut/co
3ntropy

Aug 28, 2006, 1:28 PM
i won't generalize tto much, but the three nearest COR stores to me (i'm indirect) are rude litle pricks. they don't help anyone that hasn't bought from their store, and ask you right off the bat if your here for a new activation. if you're not, they treat you poorly and hurry you out.

as for other indirect stores...there is one i know of that consistently screws customers over by adding features or lines to their account without their knowledge knowing that the normal customer can't read the bill well enough to figure it out. i despise them, and tell everyone to avoid that store and file formal complaints. it all boils down to human nature, not COR vs. IND.
kapwww

Aug 28, 2006, 8:56 AM
It was my choice to work for an indirect. The owners of my company take better care of me than what corporate does. On top of that, I was looking for less pressure and structure. As a side note, in many cases, I'll beat corporate pricing for customers, even if they come in spouting off about a new every two credit. So eat that!! ๐Ÿ˜›
beyond

Aug 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
You got to be kidding me I guarantee I make at least twice as much as you retarded corporate snobs. You guys are such a joke! Also, if you were so good at what you do they wouldn't need agents to pick up your slack
ondisplay

Aug 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
damn straight.
getsome

Aug 27, 2006, 4:21 PM
corporate stores rock. the 3rd party stores are the ones shunned upon. we have many that don't follow policy and send them to us. i hate that. see it made me mad and i wish not to explain more. end
destruit

Aug 28, 2006, 8:27 AM
We run into the same thing here all the time. I work for an indirect for Alltel, and I get that kinda situation at least once a week. Nothing you can really do about it though, I mean, business is business. Whether it's professional or not, it's just another thing you have to deal with.
Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
That's true...shortly after I started working for Funcoland we got bought out by GameStop. We had a Funcoland and a Babbage's in the same mall and the Babbage's guys were stuck up bastards that always put us down to customers.

I thought hey, we just got bought out by GameStop so we're the same company now...they'll stop doing that. But it actually got worse. They would tell customers on a regular basis that they had bought us out and we weren't as good as them and that they were working hard to "fix" our store to be as good as theirs. In reality we had a better selection, more used games, better customer service, and a vastly superior register program.

But yeah...you're right, people are like that no matter what the situation.
ralph_on_me

Aug 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
Speaking of games, I'm picking up Enchanted Arms tonight. I hate how screwy game releases have been lately. It's released on Tuesday, and advertised and published as Tuesday... but stores wont get them in till Wednesday. Shouldn't they plan better?
Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 1:06 PM
That's a weird marketing thing. Companies ALWAYS advertise shipping dates as the release date. In reality though, no one will have it until the following day. Nintendo-published games ship Monday and arrive Tuesday, 99% of the rest ship Tuesday and arrive Wednesday.

Personally, I'm picking up Disgaea 2 today. Can't wait to neglect sleep and play it for like 12 hours tonight ^_^

If you think about it, post something in the Lounge with your impressions of Enchanted Arms. I don't have a 360 yet, but I'll be getting one eventually. This is one of the titles that looks interesting, but it's been getting mediocre reviews. As for 360 RPGs, I really can't wait for Lost Odyssey...
kapwww

Aug 28, 2006, 8:44 AM
A few times, reps at corporate have told my customers that I've BSed them and when I hear that crap, I call the manager at the corporate store and let them know the situation. Every case thus far has involved a corporate employee not actually reviewing the account before spouting off about prices or BOGO deals. My account manager is actually very good at dealing with these folks and reducing the number of situations like this.
Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
I really wish she would've told me who she talked to...I would've definitely called and given the guy a verbal thrashing...
chainsaw

Aug 28, 2006, 12:08 PM
I work for an indirect retailer we have about 70 stores. As a company we have:

Lower churn than corporate stores.
Higher feature sales
Higher accessory sales
Higher mystery shop scores
Higher ARPU than COR stores

Every metric that we are measured on we do better than the corporate stores.
vivalasvegas

Aug 28, 2006, 1:00 PM
We started to have problems like that at the corp store directly across the street from our location. We can waive at each other. Being the manager of my store I just walked across the street and had a face to face with the Corp manager. Everything has been fine since. As I told that MGR we are trying to service the same customers so lets work together. One big happy family here in Vegas. Viva baby!
AG050

Aug 29, 2006, 4:49 PM
aawww vegas took dustin and josh โ˜น๏ธ
pimpdaddy008

Aug 28, 2006, 1:15 PM
being indirect we have more flexibility then corporate stores when it comes to prices of phones. I see nothing wrong with giving a customer that pre-paid phone. Corporate employees will always bad mouth indirects to make them look better. Its been going on for years, they are just jealous that they cant have the flexibility that we have. When we sell a phone for less they tell the customer that it has to be refurbished to get that price when it is not a re-furb. People will say anything to get a customer and a sale. The Verizon corporate store near me is a zoo and a 2 hour wait all the time and people say they no nothing and are rude. I get customers that no matter what they will come here because i am freindly and dont have a two hour wait....
(continues)
Foamy

Aug 28, 2006, 1:19 PM
I actually had somebody come to my store once (indirect) with a phone problem. I told her that unfortunately, she'd have to take it to the corp store because I don't have techs here.

She said "Cancel my account then. I'd rather cancel my account and pay the $175 then ever step foot in that store again."

She was dead serious. I ended up sending the phone out for repair myself and giving her a loaner phone.

The corp store (both of them near my area) are hated.
getsome

Aug 28, 2006, 1:40 PM
our indirects are dumb. they are lazy and never are helpful. their answer is always "go to the corp store" what a whole bunch of lazy punks
dirrty_d

Aug 29, 2006, 3:38 PM
I work for an Indirect dealer and our nearest Corp store is a half hour drive and some of the poeple there are so retarded...Yah we do have to send our customers over because we do di have a tech but they always bad mouth us and say "they should be able to do that for you" when they know we dont have a tech and we cant do certain things. they just wanna make it look like we didnt want to deal with them.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 5:34 PM
We have to deal with that at our stores, as well. They tell the customers that we have different warranties on the phone than they do. I got so pissed once that I called the corporate store and asked them why they had lied to my customer. They're supposed to handle all warranty exchanged after 30 days of purchase. That's their policy. Jerk wads.
GodHatesMe

Aug 28, 2006, 2:22 PM
I've received great and terrible service from indirect stores. It all depends on the people, not on if you're direct or not.
krickt

Aug 28, 2006, 3:18 PM
You would think that these big corporations would remember that 1/3 -1/2 of their business comes from indirects and agents, and that without those valuable people, they wouldn't have enough reps to deal with the number of customer you have.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 5:38 PM
It's the employees at the locations more than the corporations themselves. The people who work there tend to look down on us agents. Even customers have gotten into that mentality because of the things they've heard the corporate stores tell them. They come into the store and ask if we're a real Verizon store. Real? No, we're make believe. ๐Ÿ™„
dirrty_d

Aug 29, 2006, 5:50 PM
I have gotten that question... are you a real store...no just a figment of your damn imagination
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:01 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 6:02 PM
I've said this.

"No sir, this is a pretend store."
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:06 PM
I should say that. They most likely won't buy from us anyway because they think we don't offer the same plans that the corporate stores do. Schmucks. Or the customers who think that WE'RE the ones who provide them with their cell service. They call and ask, "What's wrong with your guys' network?" "Our network, sir?" "Yes, I got my phone from you guys." "Sir, I have no way of finding out what's wrong with the network, you're going to have to call the customer service number." "Isn't that what I'm doing now?" "No, sir, you're calling a store that sells the service but doesn't provide it." "What's the difference?" ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 6:19 PM
So you would call safeway to ask how many cans of soup campbells made yesterday? Moron.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:21 PM
๐Ÿคฃ I don't think they'd even get it if you gave them that example. They'd probably throw a fit and accuse you of mistreating them when you were simply giving them an example as to how it's different.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 6:25 PM
Maybe if I took the "moron" off the end?
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:26 PM
Nah, they'd still think you're being unhelpful. You know, that's what they pay us for.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 6:30 PM
I hate that perception.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:34 PM
So do I. I try my hardest to be as helpful as possible, but there are just some things I cannot do. It's not because I don't want to, it's because I physically can't.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 6:39 PM
I like to say:

"There's no option in my computer for me to do that."
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:54 PM
That's what I tell them, and I'll usually flip the monitor so they can see that I'm not BSing them.

I just had a perfect example right now. The lady I was helping really appreciated my help and she gave me thanks for being helpful. She made my day.
VzwRsR

Aug 29, 2006, 9:16 AM
How do you figure you beat new every two's. Every phone but three we sell are free with a new every two after a 50 rebate. How are you beating free? Unless your giving them cla's,headsets, and cases for free I don't see how you can? The three phones not free would be the 990 at 250, chocolate at 50, and 950 at 50 dollars after rebates.
Don't worry I was told to say stuff like that to when I was a indirect for Radio Shack.

-cheers
vivalasvegas

Aug 29, 2006, 12:48 PM
We can not do better then Verizon's new every two deal on most phones. Upgrades are not what indirect stores are for. The indirects main purpose is to sign up new lines. When signing up new lines we are able to offer better prices then most corp stores. We can not match the new every two deal most of the time.
krickt

Aug 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ooh, I'm glad I don't agent for Verizon. We do 50-100 renewals a month and 25-50 activations a month. Those renewals are big bucks for us!
VzwRsR

Aug 29, 2006, 9:32 AM
There isn't a commision rep in this forum who "wants" to help a non-payable customer especially when there is a line of potentially payable ones behind him/her. So how about we drop this better customer service BS. I've worked both sides of the pond and in my experience there are a equal number of good and bad stores. Fact is the majority of our lively hood depnds on payable customers in the 4-5 years I've been a commission rep I've yet to see a rep who will give up the four person familyshare for a battery replacement. And therein lies the issue, fact is our parent companies do not allow indirects full use. With my company most indirects can't add or see comments on the account,offer new everytwo, and most don't repair or honor there own...
(continues)
nickibop04

Aug 29, 2006, 9:51 AM
Money makes people ugly!!! I hate it. So the point of that rant from "VzWrSr" is pretty much, all he cares about is what makes him money, screw customers and their issues, all he wants is money. Wow thats beautiful!!
ralph_on_me

Aug 29, 2006, 9:55 AM
That sounds like someone who'll always be a paid rep, and never the one doing the paying.
VzwRsR

Aug 29, 2006, 10:07 AM
Ralph; Not sure what your implying.. Lol
60k last and one year from finishing a 4 year degree.

Nicky; Ill give ya some slack my typeing on this pda sucks. That being said reading comprehension 101 learn it love it.

Lol I love how you two act all high and mighty your either not commision or delusional. Eitherway I'm fairly sure I didn't say in my last post that I enjoy screwing custs over. Lol

peace
ralph_on_me

Aug 29, 2006, 10:12 AM
You're right, I'm not commissioned.
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 11:19 AM
nikki and i are just pissed cause we make a pittance compared to you. ๐Ÿ˜›
ralph_on_me

Aug 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
not sure if you were pointing that at VzwRsR or me. I never brought up what I do or don't make.
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 11:44 AM
@ VZW...but we are jsut pissed off in general most of the time.
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
AND you have a freakin PDA, you must be rich.
VzwRsR

Aug 29, 2006, 11:32 AM
../sarcasm... how appropriate for this forum. Guess you didn't get the part where I stated I'm a rep at a store where I can't post from the work computer. Or where Ralph infered I would allways be paid rep and never the paid (both guessing I've never managed and I won't make any money). Generally I'm not one to aire my pay but I felt obliged to lay that fallacy to rest.

-Cheers
ralph_on_me

Aug 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Actually I just meant you'll never be concerned for the business, just the size of your wallet. You stating your income pretty much confirmed my guess on that.
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 11:43 AM
nah, VZ, it was just playing with ya.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 5:56 PM
Just cause I posted it, doesn't make it true. I'm not calling you a liar, rather commenting on how trivial posting something like that in here is.
craptacularwireless

Aug 29, 2006, 6:09 PM
I own half of Verizon!
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 9:38 PM
no, vodafone does. and i own 51% of them.
nickibop04

Aug 29, 2006, 2:22 PM
"There isn't a commision rep in this forum who "wants" to help a non-payable customer especially when there is a line of potentially payable ones behind him/her. So how about we drop this better customer service BS."
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 2:48 PM
Your point? ๐Ÿคจ
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 3:18 PM
that whole statement is true for me. ๐Ÿ‘€
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 5:36 PM
Fair enough.
Hayate

Aug 30, 2006, 12:41 PM
I fully understand the money thing. There's no one here that works because they like customers. We're here because we make money. However, there's a significant difference between understanding that and still realizing it's your job to help people and just outright refusing any service to people who bought phones elsewhere.

If a customer comes up here with a phone from the corporate store while I'm helping someone set up a four-line plan they're going to have to wait. But if I'm not busy and someone has a question, regardless of where they purchased the phone, I'm going to help them.

It's a good business decision to do that anyhow. If I sell someone a phone and they go to your store to ask a simple question or for a little help wi...
(continues)
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 1:02 PM
I am close to two corporate stores. 1 is cool, 1 is not. The one that's cool, I have no problem sending customers their way that I can't help i.e. out of market, exception upgrade ect. Customers that are beneficial to the store.

The other one, gets all my crap customer service issues because they have been rude to me over and over. Here's the kicker I worked at that store for 2 1/2 years. My name is all over that place, I put up huge #'s there. None of the people who answer the phone and are stuck up have any idea who I am (the whole staff has turned over since I left). So now, as an indirect manager, I send them every customer service nightmare that I can get to go to that location.

Corporate reps. Treat us with respect or I guaran...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 29, 2006, 1:09 PM
Well said.
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 3:20 PM
all hail cing cing - he who decides whether your day shall be good or aweful...at least in those stores.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 3:51 PM
There's no space in my name. And that's Mr. cingcing to you. ๐Ÿคฃ
nodeposit

Aug 29, 2006, 3:52 PM
you spelled awful wrong.
cingcing

Aug 29, 2006, 4:28 PM
You should have capitalized "you". ๐Ÿคฃ
nodeposit

Aug 29, 2006, 4:34 PM
busted ๐Ÿคญ
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 9:34 PM
i humbly submit my resignation as chief speller in lord cingcing's courts. (sob) ๐Ÿ˜ข
3ntropy

Aug 29, 2006, 9:38 PM
DAMN YOU ALL!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.