Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Customers who lie should die

craptacularwireless

Aug 21, 2006, 6:39 PM
Ok, that's a bit harsh, but seriously, why do people feel the need to lie? I had a customer upgrade two of her daughters' phones last Tuesday. She got them both a Razr. I told her how much it would be and she seemed pretty much ok with the price since her daughters were gonna pay for some of the cost. Well, the very next day she comes in with her husband and her husband accuses us of ripping her off because the ad we have in the paper says the Razr is $59.99 after rebate. That price, however, is only on a new activation which it states in the ad (but why would they read any further than $59.99 🙄 ). They say that that's exactly what they're doing, getting new lines. They're told that no, what they're doing is upgrading. Then they accuse ...
(continues)
evillobster

Aug 21, 2006, 6:43 PM
customers lie to me all the time, when i can PROVE when they were on the internet "oh i never use the internet yet i have a blackberry"

or my personal favorite

"WHAT DO U MEAN PREMIUM SERVICES? RARRRR WEIREHINEIFE 😡 "

i dont sweat it, cause they still have to pay but yah man i feel u on that one, dont let them get away. seriously, dont. i got ur back, did they have sprint 😉
craptacularwireless

Aug 21, 2006, 6:45 PM
No, we sell Verizon. I'm going to talk to my manager about it when she gets back from vacation next week. I'm mostly mad at her for giving in to them. She should have just given them their money back, at least then it would have seemed like I never made the money. But by giving her a larger discount I actually lose money from the commission I've already made. How is that even fair to me? I didn't break the rules. My commission check is going to be small as it is (this new store has only been open for two weeks).
evillobster

Aug 21, 2006, 7:24 PM
oh snap, well yah i mean if u told the truth AND the lady was happy yesterday, she has NO RIGHT to be all upset about it now and want it cheaper...

maybe u can use camera/audio proof against her?
WhoDey

Aug 22, 2006, 9:35 AM
craptacularwireless said:
She should have just given them their money back, at least then it would have seemed like I never made the money. But by giving her a larger discount I actually lose money from the commission I've already made. How is that even fair to me? I didn't break the rules. My commission check is going to be small as it is (this new store has only been open for two weeks).

Thank god I dont make money based on the phones I sell, as long as you buy one, thats all I care about.
Oh, and I dont have to care about upgrades, commission is based off of ARPU and new adds
ralph_on_me

Aug 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
Could she move the whole sale into her name? That way you wouldn't make money, but you wouldn't lose any money either. If she wanted to give it for that big of a discount, she should take the hit.
GodHatesMe

Aug 21, 2006, 6:59 PM
GodHatesMe said:
I had a sup call yesterday where I woman said one of our reps told her we would waive her insurance deductible, and also that she made a 3 way call to a Sprint rep with our agent on the line.

She said our rep told the Sprint store rep to give her a new phone and just file her lost phone as a warranty issue (that would be insurance fraud) and to do the exchange and that the rep refused because he couldn't do that without receiving a phone in return (hence the term exchange). The story was so complex that I thought it must have happened.

Today I pull every single call that we received from this woman. Everyone she spoke with here told her in no uncertain terms that we would NOT waive the deductib
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.