Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

This Coworker

Nikoletta

Aug 21, 2006, 3:35 PM
I have this coworker I really want to slap. I mean really really want to slap... or stab with a pen or something equally violent.

It's not that she's bad at her job, any time we have to interact in a professional situation she is a consummate professional, she's fine on the phones it is just off the phones where she is a total (pardon the language) Bitch. It makes it hard for ME to behave myself when I have to call to her department for anything, I've actually hung up on her when she answered rather than work with her.

Here's what happened.

Last winter it was bitter bitter cold... almost negative numbers. I was making scarves and hats and things for Christmas presents and selling them (easy to do busy work like that at my desk, I...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 21, 2006, 3:50 PM
I remember when you were making those scarves!

I know a lot of women that act like that, but they usually outgrow it once they have to start earning money to make a living.
Nikoletta

Aug 21, 2006, 5:04 PM
She was standing over here bragging "I make at least a thousand dollars a pay check." Right princess, then how come you can't afford to pay for stuff you have taken you stupid female.
ralph_on_me

Aug 21, 2006, 6:05 PM
That's really nothing to brag about either. $26k a year is barely enough to live on in some regions. Speaking of, I think I get paid this week. Awesome!

Should we orchestrate a child liberation for after she gives birth?
Nikoletta

Aug 21, 2006, 6:12 PM
Probably a good plan.

Around here that's good money, after taxes I make about $600 a check... $700 if the commission is good. We got paid last week, so my next check isn't until the 2nd then I get my financial aid check and I'm shiney.
ralph_on_me

Aug 21, 2006, 6:26 PM
Is that full time or part time? It's sad that money is subjective to where you live in the country. In some places you can stretch a buck a whole lot farther.

I think customers think I'm trying to lie to them.
"Can you fix my phone?"
"You can call this number for warranty and they'll send you a new phone."
"Is there anything you can do?"
"No."

"On this prepaid plan it's a flat 25 cents per minute whenever you use the phone."
"Are nights free?"
"No, they're 25 cents a minute."
"What about incoming calls?"
"Those are 25 cents a minute."
"They're not free?"
"No, they're 25 cents a minute."
craptacularwireless

Aug 21, 2006, 6:43 PM
Ah, selective hearing.
evillobster

Aug 21, 2006, 4:19 PM
u seem like a nice person, wish i was there to be a co-worker!

and i have two words....

ex-lax. Did it to an arcade employee when i was manager there...

all u do is make drinks or bring coffee for everyone and slip it in...

and watch the fireworks! 😈
WhoDey

Aug 21, 2006, 4:27 PM
Did you say An-Thrax?
krickt

Aug 21, 2006, 10:12 PM
You are a knitter?! I only give away synthetic scarves to slime balls. They don't get any of the good stuff. But you didn't know she was going to stiff you! Part of our store is a yarn shop here, and I knit in between customers. Knitters are few and far between around here! Not many people will wear wool, even in winter. It just doesn't get cool enough for it.
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
I can knit, though if it's going to be knit I will use a loom instead, I prefer crochet... it doesn't hurt my shoulder as much and it's easier to fix mistakes... something about knitting kills my shoulder.
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 11:01 AM
And it gets very cold here in the winter so wool works well if you haven't got allergies.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.