Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 35 replies

Entertain me with your tales of woe

GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 6:01 PM
C'mon guys, I haven't heard any real side-splitting customer stories in a while (which is partially my fault since I haven't been on the website in 2 days).
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 6:03 PM
We just had a customer banned from talking to us. We are required to transfer her to a manager immediately on contact. We're moving closer and closer to the "Serial Caller" lists. 😈
Darkinday

Aug 13, 2006, 6:06 PM
LOL. We only get that way with fraud calls.. and then it's to a police station based out of timbuckthree
vivalasvegas

Aug 13, 2006, 6:22 PM
Customer comes in says they want to pay their bill. I say yippie and ask for their cell number. Computer says the cell number is out of it's data range. Odd says I. What was that number again? Hmmmm I put it in correctly. And you say madam customer that you are a Verizon customer? Yes yes good great ok.... Nope number not working.... Madam can I see your cell phone please...

Phone says T-Mobile on it. I look at phone. I look at customer. Cute 20ish female. I ask if maybe they are a T-moblie customer and not a Verizon customer. Customer says no they have Verizon! They bought the phone in a Verizon store and all the bills come from Verizon. I stare at customer for a second. I look at phone again. Hmmmmm Verizon does not car...
(continues)
Jennyboo

Aug 13, 2006, 6:28 PM
oh haven't you heard...

all the cell companies merged into one big company...duh

🙄

flakey people piss me off
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yep, I had a customer last week tell me how Verizon was buying out T-Mobile. "Wow really?" Was my only response, what else can you say?

They also commonly tell me that T-Mobile roams off Verizon's Network, or that Cingular does (that's how they get such good coverage.)

Yeah, sure, whatever you say, meanwhile, back in reality land...
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2006, 11:56 AM
We have a guy who is banned from calling us but does so from pay-phones. He gets on and will hang up if a guy answers then if a girl answers he will do one of two things.

Hiccup... he'll start acting like he has a bad case of the hiccup's and try and get you to laugh at him.

Star bsing about how he has a list of questions and needs to find it but keeps trying to get you to give personally information about yourself while he looks.

We're instructed to get a male supervisor any time he gets on the line. That really pisses him off and one time when it happened to me he screamed at the sup "I'm a hetero, not a freaking homo!" nasty nasty nasty, he fetishizes us and that's gross.
spidermon

Aug 14, 2006, 3:59 PM
Ya thats me just messin with ya. 😎
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2006, 11:19 AM
Knock that off.
orphandrew

Aug 14, 2006, 5:08 PM
Aww c'mon Niki, you know that geeky cell phone girls get guys hot; now talk nerdy to me. 😉
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2006, 11:19 AM
Gigabytes, mega-pixel, hard drive...
orphandrew

Aug 15, 2006, 6:49 PM
Ooh yeah, keep that coming... 🤤 😉

Sorry, yo uget enough guys perving out on ya(even if I AM only playing). If it helps, I get unwanted advances from college girls who want me to buy them liquor, so I feel your pain. 🙂
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2006, 7:25 PM
I don't mind, I think it's funny. Very Penny Arcade.
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 11:22 AM
Well then, in that case, tell me what kind of OS you're running with all that hardware, baby. 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Windows Xp baby but I wants to get me a Mac.
ralph_on_me

Aug 16, 2006, 11:37 AM
WHEE MAC!!!!
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 12:12 PM
Ooh... 😕 Man, if you had said PC, I would've been on you like R. Kelly on a 14 year old girl.
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
Macs rule, I'm just ghetto poor and can't afford one.
ralph_on_me

Aug 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
I think orphanandrew just said if you were into PCs he'd pee on you...
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 12:46 PM
ahh, shows how much I watch the news or any of that crap. I own a television largely because my mother bought it for me for Christmas last year, I watch it approximately never. It's background noise.
ralph_on_me

Aug 16, 2006, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't have known about it if not for Dave Chappell. Now there's Carlos Mencia. I'm addicted to comedies, especially dark ones.
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hataz gonna hate, lovaz gonna love, I don't even want, any of the above... 😈

Actually, it's something my old boss used to say, "if you don't get 3 out today, I'm gonna molest you! I will be on you like R. Kelly on a 14 year old girl!"
ralph_on_me

Aug 16, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, but didn't he pee on her? 😕
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 1:31 PM
Yes he did.

Which, on a completely separate note, is infuriating to me. Michael Jackson supposedly(I think he did it but he got acquitted so according to our legal system he did nothing) touches a 13 year old boy, and he's a monster, and shunned. R. Kelly screws a 13 year old GIRL, PEES ON HER, and videotapes it. We have photographic evidence, and the R&B community doesn't shun him, it treats him like a pimp. Makes me physically ill.
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 12:42 PM
Nein. Too bad you're a Mac girl; we could've had something ther. 😢 😉
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 2:19 PM
Mac users are the height of cool, just ask PA. We used to be real losers but now we're wicked hot.
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 2:54 PM
You're not about to give me that crap about how, because Mac users comprise such a small percent of the population, it's not that Mac blows donkeys but that those who use the donkey-blowing system are somehow elite? 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 4:12 PM
One of the reasons that Macs are not as widely used is because they cost a lot more and in the past Macs were not compatible with most programs (you had to get special software only for Macs and those were few and far between.) The software issue is no longer the case however, Mac computer are becoming more capable of using PC written software. They're also generally faster, smoother functioning and less susceptible to virus intrusions (again because of the software differences.

Macintosh was the first computer to come out with the GUI (Graphic User Interface) back in 1981, they're the pioneers of the system...

But PCs are cheaper, hence the reason I have one, if I had toe fund-age I'd totally have a Mac (my next computer I'm saving ...
(continues)
orphandrew

Aug 16, 2006, 4:29 PM
No, having used both Mac and PC, Mac's freeze up just as much as PCs. And who would bother designing a virus that's going to hit a tiny number of systems? 😉

Oh well. 😢 Too bad the commercials aren't true; Mac's aren't compatible with everything. *snuffle* And neither are their users. *snuffle*

On a side note, go check out the Mac parody videos on youtube. The Linux guy is hilarious. 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 16, 2006, 4:36 PM
I've used both, they have both at the college, but they're not totally compatible but they're getting better. I hate having virus problems on my computer,a Mac helps with that when my anti-virus program is being such a total butt.
ralph_on_me

Aug 16, 2006, 4:47 PM
I've used both too, and the mac freezes up less. That could be because it's a six grand mac, but it still freezes less.

Also, macs are compatible with everything. They even run windows natively.
WhoDey

Aug 15, 2006, 8:39 PM
Yea I get that from high school girls, and then Im like.. hm... is your mom hot too??

wait... what??!!!
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 6:59 PM
🤣 Thank you for the laughs everyone.
Sholyhit

Aug 15, 2006, 9:16 AM
Just like the subject says. The day started out with someone banging on my gates 30 minutes before the mall opened. "HELLOOOOOO! Is y'all opened yet!?" I sighed to myself, and responded, "No. The mall doesn't open for another half hour." The 'customer' responds "When do you open?" I respond again, with a slightly raised voice, "30 minutes!" They left and came back in about 5 minutes, "IS Y'ALL OPEN YET! I beens waitin an hour!" I responded "No. We open at 10. Come back then and I'd be more than happy to help you." Somehow it never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be. You show up and ALL the stores are dark. There are no employees and all the gates are down. Why would you walk around beating on gates asking if places are open? Yes! We...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 15, 2006, 11:44 AM
Oh god, I hope those people don't find their way to my store.

I had an older lady that came into my store near closing today. She wanted a phone for occasional use, so I showed her our postpaid and prepaid plans since prepaid would probably be a better deal. She had just come from a T-mobile store and had seen their pink razr, but she didn't like the shade of pink apparently. They advised her to come look at ours since the hue is a little different. I show her our "pink" razr and she responds with, "That isn't pink."

😳

"Do you have any other pink phones?"
"Yes ma'am," I reply, "but it's the same shade of pink as the razr."
"Well I saw someone with the pink I like in a store, do you have that one?"
"Do you know what carrier...
(continues)
Crapbag

Aug 15, 2006, 9:13 PM
VZWs is a different shade than ours.

I have a customer that i sold a prepaid phone to. He comes in now EVERY DAY with a new rediculous complaint. First it was not taking calls. Well it has to be on to take calls. Next it was calling when he claims it was on the charger. Well you miss entered a number and are calling the wronge person(whom he wanted me to call and clarify what was happening because she was pissed.) Now its "stuck" on voicemail... This was by voicemail that i found this out. I haven't called back yet but OH GOD how long can this go on.

Phone app should have are you crazy? Will you take up ALL of my time? Will you get me more than $50 GP? THEN GO HOME!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.