Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

I DROVE ALL THIS WAY!!!

Atavist Arise

Aug 11, 2006, 9:58 PM
I had a custy call my kiosk, and ask when i closed.

"at 9 o'clock with the mall ma'am"

"okay, thanks!" (immediate click)

she hurried down here, and drove from a nearby city, took her 30 minutes to get here.

she walked up hurriedly and started complaining. I'm not going to bother typing out what, ecause it was all rudimentary BS.

moving on... she gave me her phone number so rapid fire i almost missed it (which is the best way to get anything done fast, rattle off 10 numbers as quick as you can)

but i caught her area code, and realized it wasn't in my market. (being an indirect, cingular has pushed back my ability to look up out of state numbers indeffinitely)

so, i explained that COR/COU stores could help her much mor...
(continues)
VZdubs

Aug 11, 2006, 10:13 PM
everyday I hate people a little more. I can't wait to finish school so I can hopefully get a non-customer facing job.
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 7:14 PM
Ever think about the people you encounter in your daily life, or even the people you will work with in your next job are complete asses to regular people on a daily basis? I tell my girlfriend I'm gonna pimp slap her when she starts talking about "complaining about the service".
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 7:18 PM
I need to work on a good line on people I know who start talking about ruining someone elses entire day.

To Significant other: "Do I smack you when you overcook dinner? no? than leave these people alone!"

To Friend: "Do I shove a broomhandle up your *** when you don't pay me back the money you owe me? no? The move the f*ck on!"
burger_with_fries81

Aug 11, 2006, 11:21 PM
I dont understand how you couldnt bitch-slap her.
xIsamuTM

Aug 11, 2006, 11:35 PM
hehe... nazi gas prices.

"Mine butter churn, it's ger-shtolen"
"What's wrong with Amish Dave?"
"Someone stole his butter churn."
OhSoKorny

Aug 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
You should have just called security!
orchidday

Aug 12, 2006, 5:40 PM
Some people just deserve to die.
chainsaw

Aug 12, 2006, 6:14 PM
I think working cell phone retail is great. That way when I graduate and don't have to deal with jerry's kids every day I will no how good life really is!
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
"I know there's a Hell, I work in retail."
ph0n3n3rd5

Aug 12, 2006, 7:05 PM
Last night I had a customer do the exact same thing 😕 Called around a half an hour till 9:00 when we close, which I informed her. Gets here at exactly 9 and come to find out shes not even on cingular, shes with some random regional carrier....from Cali. (I'm in NC...) I ask her where she's from, she replies "What's it to you?" I reply "I need to know what state your acct. is based out of so I can confirm whether or not I can assist you today." Her reply: "Well I don't even use Cingular, b/c they screwed me over before!" 😳 Somewhat relieved that I couldn't assist her any further, I informed her that if she wasn't on Cingular's service that there was absolutely nothing I could do for her. THATS when the sh1t hits the fan....she star...
(continues)
ph0n3n3rd5

Aug 12, 2006, 7:08 PM
Sorry last line goes as follows: QUIT BEING SO F@CKING NICE!
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 7:09 PM
my co-worker was relaying a situation like that and I liked her internal though

"This isn't even my customer and I'm still getting the same crap!"

To remark on generic complaints we usually get like "My phone has never been in water."
ph0n3n3rd5

Aug 12, 2006, 7:13 PM
Had someone try to tell me that once. I opened her flip to find beads, yes, beads of water STILL IN HER PHONE......

She said it was sweat...

Which IF true was disgusting at best.

Either way it was not a manufacturer's defect as she claimed 🤣
WhoDey

Aug 13, 2006, 2:11 PM
I took a phone in the other day that "doesnt work"... well, what is it doing, or NOT doing? "Nothing".

OOOOKAY you twit... I pull the battery off to scan the ESN.. drip drip.

"Yea, I think I found the problem"

Anyone ever seen the movie Falling Down with Michael Douglas?
krickt

Aug 14, 2006, 10:54 AM
I had a customer bring in a phone (which they got as part of a TDMA exchange for little of nothing, and there will be no more exchanges of these phones, one year warrantee, but no exchanges) and throws it on my desk. She says, "It won't do nothing."
I say, "Nothing? When did that start?"
She: A couple of weeks ago it started acting up, and I decided I didn't like it, so I put it in a drawer, and now it won't do nothing! I want a new phone, and no more Audiovox crap!"
Me: Ma'am, you got that phone as part of an exchange, and you are still eligible for a renewal on your account, but besides the warrantee, there is no way we can exchange this phone for you. What was it doing, that caused you to not charge it for two weeks."
Her: N...
(continues)
bomb Diggity

Aug 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
Finally, a glimmer of hope.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.