Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Cancel the order

Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 3:36 PM
We can't cancel order once they're placed, there's no hour grace period, none of it, once it's placed that's it, it's shipping...

Do Not Pass Go
Do Not Collect $200

She didn't like that. She wanted the order canceled RIGHT NOW.

I'm sorry ma'am, it's not possible, it's physically impossible.

She began yelling, screaming actually, then cursing. I asked her to please calm down, that she needed to stop swearing or I was going to disconnect the call.

That's not that unusual, what she said next was.

"I'm going to f#c*1#@* kill myself!"

"I'm sorry you're that upset about this but ma'am, I still am unable to cancel this order."

The swearing resumed from there, involving threats and more screaming and I finally had to hang...
(continues)
Likenonother

Aug 11, 2006, 6:25 PM
I love it when they say, but I just placed it less than (insert any time frame) ago. I repeat once the order is complete we cannot canel it, you just have to send it back and get a refund. Then they always proceed to call me a liar. Ok, I'm lying you caught me. Can you hold 20 mins while I cancel that order for you? oops did I "accidentally" release the call? Darn LMAO
chainsaw

Aug 11, 2006, 6:35 PM
this is why customers should come into stores to buy phones that way if they need to cancel the order they can just bring the phones back and we will give them their money back on the spot!!!! Screw telesales!!
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 6:46 PM
Yeah but we sort out a lot of the people, you don't want most of the idiots we deal with.
ralph_on_me

Aug 11, 2006, 6:49 PM
You're probably dealing with the people that call in to our stores and want us to check their credit over the phone.

If they're not gonna take the time to drive to my store it's not worth checking.
everman

Aug 11, 2006, 8:37 PM
Based on this response, I have decided that if I decide to switch carriers, i will call the places around me and ask them to run a credit check over the phone. If they say no, I will not get a phone from them.
If they say yes, and for some reason I have a deposit I will pay it just because they did it.
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 9:12 AM
We were told that we were never to check credit over the phone. One of the first questions they ask me when we do the manual review is have you physically verified all forms of ID, and I can't answer that truthfully if I did it over the phone. Plus, once they have done all that work, you are probably going to just go buy over the internet or from some other store, anyway, so they just worked for free. Reps aren't trying to make your life difficult, just trying to do their jobs right. Anyone who would bend the rules just because you know how to use a phone could also do things to your account that could cost you more money in the long run. People who break little rules are more likely to break bigger ones.
CellAll.org

Aug 12, 2006, 10:40 AM
If a customer wants me to run his or her credit I'll do it. If i've learned anything from sales its if the customer like you they will come back so if your friendly over the phone and make them laugh who knows. Any opportunity I get to sell a phone i'll jump on it no questions asked.
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
There ya go, everman, someone willing to break the rules for ya!
ralph_on_me

Aug 12, 2006, 9:53 AM
Sounds like a plan everman. You'll probably end up buying from a shady dealer though.

My job is sales and to sell them something I have to get them into the store. I also want to verify the credit check I'm running is for the person I'm talking to. Identity theft and consumer fraud is rampant, and I'm not going to help contribute to that one bit.
burger_with_fries81

Aug 11, 2006, 8:54 PM
Have fun with that commis. check.
ralph_on_me

Aug 12, 2006, 9:59 AM
I don't make commission anymore.
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 9:02 PM
I didn't think stores COULD run credit over the phone, I was always under the impression that you needed to see the customer's ID anyways to run their credit.

I honestly wouldn't want a store to run my credit over the phone because I don't want that kind of freedom for anybody else, I want to have to take my ID down so they know it's me and not really some little gansta chick trying to steal my identity.

If it's being run over the phone through telesales there are a lot more checks involved, hence the need for a credit card.
VZdubs

Aug 11, 2006, 9:38 PM
we can't run credit over the phone here. have to have them in person with two forms of ID, one has to be photo.
babygirl13

Aug 11, 2006, 7:26 PM
who do u work for?
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 8:49 PM
Big Pink.

She was irate to begin with, because she said we'd offered to waive activation, which we normally can't do BUT we CAN pull the call and if the rep said we'd waive it then we go through care and get it done even though it's not supposed to happen (the rep gets busted but the customer gets it if it was promised) but that wasn't good enough, that we could give her exactly what she had been asking for in the first place.

Once an order is submitted it's sent out to our shipping department and we loose any power over it from there.

It's not hard at all to send it back or even just refuse delivery. All she has to do is not sign for it and it will get back to us, call care to tell them you didn't get the package and they'll put d...
(continues)
So Cal 1155

Aug 12, 2006, 6:51 AM
Out here we are not allowed to run someones credit if they are not standing in front of you with 2 forms of ID. Also, THANK YOU TELESALES!!!!! I already deal with enough 'tards as it is, I don't need that "special bunch" of customers. In my area, the majority of cust pay everything cash. So, when they come in to pay their bill the 1st thing out thier mouth is
"Can you help me make a payment?"
Me: Yeah
Once we get to the machine, they just stand there looking at the monitor... 😳
Me: Ok, now this machine is self-explanitory, and it will take you step-by-step, OK?
LONG STORY, SHORT: I end up making the payment for them, from the 1st screen to putting the money in...So as you can see, I thank you for not sending that load to us as w...
(continues)
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 9:14 AM
Seems like an industry standard. Sounds like everman wants to deal with disreputable sales people just to get his way....hmm.
OhSoKorny

Aug 12, 2006, 10:32 AM
I one time had a person tell me to walk down to the werehouse and stop the shipment.

Er.... I'm several hundred miles from the wearhouse, lady. YOU WALK IT.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.