Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

I almost got fired......(kinda long)

Innascent

Aug 10, 2006, 6:39 PM
...this past week.... now since we've had a shortage of employees at my call center, they hace been trying to get us to work overtime to pick up the slack....

Now i have no problems working overtime but, i dont want someone to make it practically manditory... but any ways since they cant really "legally" make us work OT they are writing us up for dumb sh!t and then saying, "if you work 8 hours OT, we will take away 1 write-up"..... now you can only get wrote up 3 times b4 you get walked out..... so every pay period if ur stats arent up to par you get a write up.... we were told by our team leads, or managers, that our production, which makes up part of our stats, are made up for how long you are in the phones and taking calls..... so bas...
(continues)
Innascent

Aug 10, 2006, 6:43 PM
oh and i found out that cutting the flow of calls doesnt do sh!t

so i basically spazzed b/c we were not properly informed
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2006, 6:47 PM
So you're shorthanded, yet they'll fire you for 3 write-ups making you even more shorthanded? Then everyone left has to work 12 hours of overtime a week?

That's crazy. I work 50+ hours a week, but I'm on salary and they expect that if you are.
Nikoletta

Aug 10, 2006, 6:50 PM
You have a point there. "We're short staffed so we'll fire you if you don't work overtime." Brilliant!

🤣 Just make it even worse. Sounds about right for call centers.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
that's kinda what i was thinkin about
bunnies7

Aug 10, 2006, 7:42 PM
i work at a call center too and they made us do mandatory OT and if you did not do it it was a double occurrence. i work 10 hour shifts with an hour lunch and they added an hour and 45 mins to all of my shifts for about 2 months + it was such $hit 👿 what state are you in because i guess mandatory OT is ok here even though I've never heard of it before
yeahright

Aug 11, 2006, 11:45 AM
Innascent said:

either way i feel like that b!tch tried to shoot me in the face and she missed.....

now she wants to be cool but unfortunatly it ain't going down >

Maybe you should shoot it in her eye 😲
PolarIce

Aug 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
That is a fuc*ed up situation. Lockline is always trying to pull that $hit with me. FIRE me, please. A call center IS NOT a career center. Believe me you, there are WAAAAAY better jobs out there. Hell, even McDonalds would kick a$$--we would get meal benefits there. What do we get at a call center?
MrGoofball

Aug 15, 2006, 1:06 PM
Um Asurion vs McDonalds? Let's see. . . Consistant hours? Pretty Dang good insurance benefits? You don't come home smelling like grease? Asurion gives you free money if you show up when you are supposed to and do your job right? You get to deal with the same a$$hats that go to McDonalds over the phone instead of face to face? Lack of annoying teenage twits in the workplace? Ooooooooooooh Paid Vacation and Sicktime! Better pay? Floating Holidays. Paid Holidays and you don't have to work them? Yeah I could make more in telesales or at a store selling phones off of commission but I hate selling crap. And I'm in the same building as you but on the Cingular side and my previous job was at a McDonalds. So if you think McDonalds would b...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2006, 2:23 PM
Most of that is true but not the 'lack of annoying teenage twits in the workplace' because our center is RAMPANT with them. They'll hire ANYBODY here (literally, anybody) and slap a headset on them.

At least a quarter of our staff is still in high school and let me tell you... inconsistent, rude, uncaring, and immature don't even begin to cover most of them.
Innascent

Aug 21, 2006, 5:09 PM
you are correct.... i work with high schoolers also.. not alot.. but most of the adults have the same dispositon as those evtering freshman year
Innascent

Aug 21, 2006, 5:10 PM
Wish i could tell you the outcome... been waiting to tell yall for a minute...but ill have to do it later
Innascent

Aug 27, 2006, 1:23 PM
my boss got fired...... less than a week later she got the ax... i cant go into details like i would like to b/c new "company" policy we cant go on the net and bash emps////////// but anyway she is out the door... im still here .. for the time being..... but there was maaaaad stories of how she got the ax.... a few know the real reason... but the main one floating around tha office is that she gave some ppl meds that were not not supposed to be given..... 2 ppl got hauled out of the spot... now everyone knows how this is... and if your reading this and ur from my call center.... DO NOT BE LAME..... any way i think this is a good way to end my story....

ps i heard she got hired back to be on the floor but i ain seen her crazyass yet

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.