Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Here's an interesting article...

trm77

Aug 10, 2006, 10:18 AM
chainsaw

Aug 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
I think it is amusing that all these news editors and consumers feel like it is impossible to know how much a bill is going to be. Why can't people take out a calculator and add up the prices on the rate plan brochures than times it times 20% I just think this is ridiculous!!
newfette

Aug 10, 2006, 2:05 PM
why 20%?
WhoDey

Aug 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
taxes and fees.. and to be on the safe side.
newfette

Aug 11, 2006, 8:30 AM
that is a lot of tax.

the place I want to move to only has 6% tax..

where I am not has 14%
WhoDey

Aug 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
we talking about CELL phone tax, or regular sales tax, cause the two are VASTLY different...lol
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
she's in canada, vastly diff from us
longsleeves

Aug 10, 2006, 1:31 PM
few weeks ago, I wrote that Sprint Nextel (S - news - Cramer's Take) is no longer the wireless-phone industry's kick-the-sand-in-the-face wimp. The company has better technology now, and a better network.

The electrons had barely settled on readers' retinas when Sprint rival Verizon Wireless called. Verizon wanted to show me that it, too, had a marvelous network.

Verizon offered to take me on a tour of their spiffy facilities -- more on that later -- but honestly, who can care? Verizon and its adversaries are locked in a pointless marketing battle over network quality and services. Yet can consumers truly, rationally, compare Verizon and, say, Sprint? Not a chance.

The wireless industry is stuck in a netherworld, like something f...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 10, 2006, 2:43 PM
Yeeeaaaahhh

That's actually pretty lame. It's not hard to go into the company web sites or just go to a store and get the fliers to compare and contrast what offered, it's not hard to do.

That article really was a bit misleading in the way it presented the plans "here are the names of the plans now tell me about them." is just a bit dumb.

I think they're underestimating people some. not a lot, just some.
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2006, 3:10 PM
They didn't mention the minute allotment for any plan either. The names they gave weren't for a specific plan, just the general term for a group of plans.
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 1:19 PM
They also left out Big Pink completely. Shame on them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.