Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Six Flags and Cell Phones

krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 10:20 AM
Hi All! I've been gone a couple of days (not that anyone would notice). I took my kids to SixFlags in TX. They had a blast. I laughed all day, though. I watched hundreds of customers ride water rides with their phones on their hips and in their pockets and some of them even were using them to take pictures while they were getting drenched. Drenched, not splashed on. One lady even held her dripping phone up and laughed about how funny it looked to see water rush out of the battery compartment. So, you Texas cell phone people get ready, there were thousands of idiots at the park. I mentioned to one lady that they should sell phone insurance in the park, she laughed and asked "Why? Since it's just water and water never hurt anything!"...
(continues)
bomb Diggity

Aug 7, 2006, 10:27 AM
You should have smacked that lady.
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well, in civilian clothes, I can't do that. I'm a big ole girl, and I would probably have hurt her, and been sued or something.
klaydoe

Aug 7, 2006, 12:40 PM
you know that she is the same person who will come to your store ( or call you ) and tell you that they have never even had the phone in the rain -
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 12:49 PM
I met up with some people from around here and gave them my ziploc bags while they were waiting in line for the splashdown. They had dumb looks on their face until I said, "Water and phones don't mix. That phone is $400 to replace." They quickly put their phones in the bags. So hopefully I won't have to deal with much of that. I was just shocked at the number of people on water rides with uncovered phones. I watched about 25 people get under those shower things while they were talking on their phones. It was amazing!
k

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.