Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

AMAZING!!!

disturbed1

Jul 30, 2006, 3:15 PM
I think I just talked to the most intelligent customer I've ever encountered....no....really:

Me: Good afternoon, thank you for calling Cingular Wireless, this is ____, How can I help you?

Him: Hello, ____, are you open to...well of course you're open today, you answered the phone after all....What are your operating hours for Sundays?

Me: *amazed* 1p.m. til 5p.m.

Him: Thank you very much.

Me: *still amazed* You're very welcome, have a great weekend!

I'M SHOCKED!!! Every Sunday I get God knows how many calls from people, all asking "are you open today?" (to which I sometimes reply "no" out of sheer spite) and this one ACTUALLY figured it out! If there's someone there to answer the phone...chances are that we're open! 8...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 30, 2006, 3:26 PM
I wish I closed at 5.
guido1869

Jul 30, 2006, 3:33 PM
i do but i open at 11 not 1
bomb Diggity

Jul 31, 2006, 9:22 AM
12-5 here 😁
guido1869

Jul 30, 2006, 3:32 PM
that is amazing

i got a call a few mins ago

Cust - do yal sell prepaid

Me - yes we do

Cust - it's not virgin is it

Me - no we sell verizon

Cust - what kinda phones do yal have

Me - verizon

Cust - what do i have to do to get a prepaid phone

Me - come buy it

Cust - how much is it

Me - mins plans start at $50 (i only have easypay)*explains easypay plan repeating the price several times*

Cust - ok how much is it

Me - $50

Cust - do you have any flips for $100

Me - $125

Cust - so what all do i have to pay for

Me - phone, mins and act fee

Cust - how much is the phone

Me - $125

Cust - how much are mins

this continues for about 5 more mins
disturbed1

Jul 30, 2006, 6:02 PM
Lovely. Luckily I didn't actually have a bad day. In 4 hours I moved 3 upgrades (acts would have been better, but eh, it's Sunday) one of which was a PDA. And was told I should get a promotion at least 3 times by each customer.

All in all I can't complain. Which of course can mean only one thing.....Tuesday's gonna SUCK!!! (got tomorrow off) ☚ī¸
Foamy

Jul 31, 2006, 9:16 AM
I have quite the opposite. My store is closed on Sundays. I came in this morning to see 2 messages on the answering machine. Both messages asking if we're open (both time stamped on Sunday), both different people.

The bad part is, our machine message clearly states our hours, and clearly states that we are NOT open on Sundays.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.