Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

Indirect reps

Darkinday

Jul 28, 2006, 7:49 PM
My gosh. How idiotic can it be for indirect agents?! How hard is it to press just after power up of a phone to press 74663 # clr clr?? It took this guy 18 minutes to do it! AND he had it written down! Not even my elderly customers who call in, have this much trouble! GRR đŸ˜ŗ
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 7:59 PM
we're not all that bad, sometimes the cust service reps are the stupid ones too

i called in the other day because a phone wouldn't program after an esn change and i needed directions to manualy program it

rep put me on hold for 10 mins and when he came back all she had done was change the plan on two of the lines

i still have no idea why she did that
Darkinday

Jul 28, 2006, 8:00 PM
Ok... yea that doesn't make any sense... but when the indirect rep started out, I needed to be off the phone i was trying to program.. theres an issue. I also had him start off writing the programming process...
cingcing

Jul 28, 2006, 8:07 PM
If you think that sort of idiocy is exclusively an indirect trait, you are in for a surprise.
Darkinday

Jul 28, 2006, 8:42 PM
O I know better. 👀 But I had just finished that call... so that was my idiot of the day. 😛 I've had direct agents try to activate service on an existing account, with someone who was not authorized... So I've had my share of Doh!
cingcing

Jul 28, 2006, 8:47 PM
It's common practice at my store to hang up on a CS rep that doesn't know what to do and call back to talk to someone that does.
Darkinday

Jul 28, 2006, 8:50 PM
*puffs out chest ... and ends up knocking over drinks* 🤭 Any way 👀 um I am like the know it all... and I hate it.. it's all the whole thing of... taking sup calls.. I wonder why I would need to be well edumacated with the cellular telephonos. heh heh heh. Ok, ya took sup calls for about 4 months, got tired of it, went back to being a regular rep who knows everything. yada yada...
cingcing

Jul 28, 2006, 8:53 PM
Uh, I think you're trying to say you know what you are doing. If that is the case, good. I won't hang up on you.
Darkinday

Jul 28, 2006, 9:00 PM
Lol. It's kinda hard to say "I'm really good here. The other reps look up to me, I've had top five in quality, and timeliness" without sounding.. well arrogant.. and I'm a girl... a girl being arrogant.. just doesn't sound good. Or at least not to me.. lol 😎
disturbed1

Jul 29, 2006, 5:40 PM
"What I'm tryin to say is...I'm kind of a big deal...people know me"

đŸ¤Ŗ
heresyursign25

Jul 29, 2006, 8:56 AM
yeah reps are stupud also. I called them one day for a pilot number for voicemail and they asked me "What do you mean when you refer to a pilot number?" đŸ˜ŗ
kapwww

Jul 29, 2006, 8:34 AM
Some of us actually take the time to educate ourselves and in many cases we know just as much about the products and systems as anyone in corporate or CS. I do, however, see it possible that agent stores can be more plagued with the uneducated morons (such as your caller) because corporate will simply fire 'em if they can't get their shat together where as the agents may have trouble finding new salespeople. Let me end by saying: I work with some people who would probably put your call to shame on the dumb end of things. I feel your pain.
Darkinday

Jul 29, 2006, 9:21 AM
đŸ˜ŗ people... even worse... than... that? Ewww
Foamy

Jul 29, 2006, 9:40 AM
Not my company. We're an indirect agent. And, while it may be true that the employees are a little harder to find, my company has no problem firing people.

We have 5 stores in this company, and we have 7 employees to run them. The only reason it's that much is because they just hired another person who's still in training.

I've been here 9 months and I've seen about 10 people come and go already.
guido1869

Jul 29, 2006, 11:51 AM
i'm indirect but our training is done at the corporate office
artax80

Jul 29, 2006, 9:32 AM
I'm an indirect agent, and I've dealt with plenty of dumb CS reps. Had one just the other day. Someone brought in a phone they'd found. I couldn't get it to power on so I couldn't pull any info off. I called cs and told the rep what was going on and gave her the esn. I actually had to stop her from giving me the account holder's name and info. Um, can we say confidentiality? When I told her reps usually don't give out that info if the person on the other end of the phone can't verify anything, she got really flustered, told me she'd contact the customer, and hung up. Not giving out customer info to someone who can't verify anything is common knowledge!
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 2:12 PM
Artax, is that from the Neverending Story? 👀
artax80

Jul 29, 2006, 3:01 PM
Why yes it is. That's not where I got it from, but it is. I'm surprised anyone even remembers that movie.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 3:06 PM
Were you born in 1980?

I remember that movie clearly. Now I feel old. ☚ī¸
guido1869

Jul 29, 2006, 3:11 PM
that used to be my fav
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 3:31 PM
They have a part 2 but I heard it sucked.
guido1869

Jul 29, 2006, 3:35 PM
i don't remember much about the second one
3ntropy

Jul 31, 2006, 11:31 AM
i thought the girl princess was SO HOT! 🤤 back in the day of course...when i was young, not now...cause i'm not like that...whatever...shut up.
artax80

Jul 29, 2006, 3:47 PM
Yep, born in 80. And actually, they made 3 of those movies, as well as a cartoon series. Vaguley remember the 2nd and 3rd movies, mostly that they got different actors to play the main character for each one. And the cartoon was a little out there.
thegreatcatwoman

Aug 2, 2006, 6:05 PM
there's a part 3 as well... the only good thing about it was a very young jack black
burger_with_fries81

Jul 31, 2006, 2:40 PM
Best movie evar!!! Well, it's about as awsome as Labyrinth (sp?)!!!
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 1:48 PM
#

menu

right arrow

I have had the same problems explaining this to people. You do it too slow and it doesn't work right.
cingcing

Jul 29, 2006, 3:47 PM
How about

Power off.

Power on.

No joke.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 4:18 PM
Yep. I get looks from the phrase power cycle your phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.