Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Verizon Wireless

alejandro

Jul 28, 2006, 9:25 AM
doesnt every carrier have a policy about where you use your phone?

doesnt verizon have some sort of rule about using your minutes in their owned area?
clr7181

Jul 28, 2006, 10:05 AM
At this time VZW does not have any restrictions nor will they cancel you for using ANY amount of airtime in their Extended Network.

I have verified this through many different levels of the VZW Corporate world.
alejandro

Jul 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
ok, before i thought only us cellular did that until people have said they got letters from cingular saying they were cancelling their contract.

I was wondering who else did that, people the agents right over the state line keep selling to people who live in non-verizon owned areas.
clr7181

Jul 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
Well if the customer is providing their correct PRIMARY place of use, it doesn't matter if their mailing address is somewhere else. We have customers set up like that in a lot of places. If the customer provides a primary place of use address that is not in VZW's licensed area, it will pop up an error during activation. This one way to be sure we are selling our products and services correctly to the customers.
alejandro

Jul 28, 2006, 10:51 AM
well my ex girlfriend grandparents signed up for 4 phones in winchester virginia, 1 phone was to be used in verizon territory, in seattle, washington. the other 3 were in charles town, west virginia, so it is really easy to get around things like that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.