Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

why do

guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 11:14 AM
i spend half my day teaching people, who went down the street to another store, how to use thier phones
these people see me all the time, about once a week if not almost every day (my kiosk is in a grocery store)
people say that it's convienent to have a store here cause if they have any questions they can ask when they go shopping but then when they want to buy something they drive down the street
Nikoletta

Jul 26, 2006, 11:39 AM
Because God doesn't love you. 😛
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
but jesus does
Nikoletta

Jul 26, 2006, 1:05 PM
No, not you. 😉
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 1:13 PM
yes he does, my sunday school teacher even sang songs about it when i was little
3ntropy

Jul 27, 2006, 12:24 PM
it was all lies, sorry.
guido1869

Jul 27, 2006, 1:51 PM
that makes me sad now 😢
ecroteau

Jul 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
grocery store huh? and I thought that I had it bad in a mall 😛
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
yeah this sucks, i applied at the direct store yesterday
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
the only good thing is that a lot of my pay is based on hitting certain goals
not much is expected of me so i have the lowest goal in the state so i almost always hit it
there is a guy in one of our mall stores that sold more phones in the first 3 weeks of this month than my store has ever sold in a single month
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 26, 2006, 12:53 PM
There is a kid who has one inside a Meijer grocery store where I live and he put up a sign he made off the computer that says he is a "Sales Center , not a Tech Center". and below it listed 3 area tech centers for the carrier. Now thats smart thinking ! 🤣
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 1:14 PM
i need one that says "We do not accept payments for your gas or electric bill."
or at least one that says verizon wireless or something
burger_with_fries81

Jul 28, 2006, 6:00 PM
Just putting a sign up for your carrier doesn't stop them... I have 4 glowing 5 x 8 foot alltel signs right in front and on my store and I still get "Do you accept payments for/sell VzW, Cingular, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Cricket, Tracfone, gas, electric, Bellsouth, Time Warner" for about 25% of our walk ins and phone calls.

When I havent sold anything in a few days (bad location and slow month) and someone comes in asking for anything but Alltel I'm just like 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿
driven2insanity

Jul 26, 2006, 3:55 PM
thats awesome
*also work inside a meijer
krickt

Jul 26, 2006, 11:59 AM
We used to have that problem. What we did to fix it was to put a price tag on certain services, like phonebook transfers, phone cleaning, accessory discounts and so forth for the people who didn't buy their service through us. Basically, if you didn't buy the service here, at this location, we don't do anything free for you. If you do buy here, we give away a free accessory that the other guys are probably going to charge you anything from 9.95-29.95 for. It took a while, but people now come from other towns to buy their service here, because we give more stuff and better service. It's annoying when people do that to you, blame EvilMart, they started the whole, one store is as good as another concept.
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 4:08 PM
same woman drove all the way to see me (not the store she bought from) to ask why her phone was beeping an this thing was flashing on the screen, and wanted to know how to fix it
i told her to charge it

earlier she asked me about the ringer and why it turned off
i explained to her about the volume keys on the outside and how they didn't lock when closed (moto v325)
she was pissed off that the other store didn't tell her about that and i showed her another phone that didn't do that
turns out that after she left my store she went back to the other store to buy a case hoping that will fix it instead of buying a case from me

now she tells me that she should've done business with me
guido1869

Jul 26, 2006, 6:17 PM
and she took my card so that she can call me if she needs more help with the phone she bought somewhere else
Pslim77

Jul 27, 2006, 2:22 PM
HA HA HA!!!!!!!
clr7181

Jul 26, 2006, 4:12 PM
Same reason people will drive 45 minutes to a corp store from where my store is, then come to me when their phone breaks.

They'll drive 45 miles, and spend $3.10/gallon to get there, all because corp's price on phones was $10 less than me, and I offered to toss in the $30 accessory free, where she paid the $30 at the corp store.

The funny part behind it is that when they have problems, I'm glad to trouble shoot, but have a fun drive back 45 miles down the road to get the problem resolved, because I can't do it here. How worth saving that $10 is it now??

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.